PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me?

Misfit
08-02-2019, 11:26 AM
All this update did was make me not want to farm anymore. 25 plat for ONE CHANCE at boss drop? Wtf is that? The Myxx map was 25 plat and you had like 15 chances or something to drop. Also, the 110 shields should make me not constantly get knocked back by Ebonthrax, it’s insanely annoying. I just ran with 4 110s (2 warbirds) and it took us insanely long to kill boss. I thought I’d actually be able to get a complete set for pvp soon after this update but I was clearly wrong. Some of us dont want to spend absurd amounts of time in pve so that we can get sets for pvp. I also don’t want to wait weeks/months for sets to come into the game so I can buy them and finally pvp. Make the boss easier, let my shield work at ebonthrax, let me insta host boss map with lil thrax, or at least make the 25 plat ticket worthwhile by having the boss spawn multiple times in one run.

Dolloway
08-02-2019, 11:37 AM
I agree. It was super disappointing to hear from Cinco yesterday that we would be able to host Ebonthrax only to find out today that it costs 25 plat per run. In addition, Ebonthrax only has a chance to drop orbs for players under level 110, it's not even guaranteed for 25 plat per run.

Maybe make it an elixir that lets you host Ebonthrax for 30 mins-1 hour. 25 plat for a single run for a chance to drop orbs or rare gear is too much.

3pc
08-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Im sorry cinco but thanks for listening but this update aint it. I also ran with a group full of 110’s each of us died 4-10 times EACH along with the fact we still have to run castle to get to a boss that takes around 6 ridiculous minutes to get only “trash” and “uncommon “ items if we keep him at this we should at least be expecting one great loot per run. Im sorry but i cant continue to farm hours and hours even if its based on luck to situations like this.

Nihiliste
08-02-2019, 11:52 AM
This is most unfortunate. From what I'm seeing, this cap is a big L. Nothx.

Cinco
08-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Indeed. It will take months for you to acquire all the best stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MageFFA
08-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Well you guys asked for better AI and a stronger Ebrontrax. Guess this is what ya got.

fruitbattwo
08-02-2019, 12:07 PM

That’s not fair. I think I should be able to get all of it within a day.

MageFFA
08-02-2019, 12:13 PM

People are saying with full reroll gear that they are still obtaining trash grade equipment. Is this bugged considering that reroll is supposed to automatically increase grade on drops? Also what is the drop rate of Mystics? Is it similar to that of starries?

Trajectory
08-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Maybe for one person to get it *

synfullmagic_23110
08-02-2019, 12:49 PM
This is fun!!!

Piercinglove
08-02-2019, 01:32 PM
25 plat is perfectly fair for a single-use ticket that grants direct access to the boss map of the brand new campaign. Be glad it is not 35 plat, which is what Maxx Cave used to cost during the first half of the 105 campaign. It was later reduced to 25 plat, and now that it is not the current campaign, the price has dropped to 20 plat.

burntoutdex
08-02-2019, 01:42 PM
25 plat is perfectly fair for a single-use ticket that grants direct access to the boss map of the brand new campaign. Be glad it is not 35 plat, which is what Maxx Cave used to cost during the first half of the 105 campaign. It was later reduced to 25 plat, and now that it is not the current campaign, the price has dropped to 20 plat.

maxx cave dropped 200-300k worth of experience orbs per run and bosses had a fair chance of dropping elite gear.

you're lucky to drop a 2-5k xp orb and receive a trash drop after grinding ebonthrax for 5 minutes straight.

Mastervoodoo
08-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Careful how fast you’re to agree that it’s fair lol. 35 plat to host maxx cave you still had 4 bosses, and were gaining easily 100k+ exp per run, and dropping atleast an elite every other run, these two are in no way a good comparison. From the comment alone I can tell you didn’t have much experience in playing L105 campaign

Waydog
08-02-2019, 02:18 PM
That’s not fair. I think I should be able to get all of it within a day.

Agreed, I’d like to log on and have all 110 items gifted to me because I am the best. Its honestly not fair to make the good people actually try :/ the game would explode if I went 100% on those pesky undead pirates!

fruitbattwo
08-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Agreed, I’d like to log on and have all 110 items gifted to me because I am the best. Its honestly not fair to make the good people actually try :/ the game would explode if I went 100% on those pesky undead pirates!

Seriously. We deserve an award. To make people like us have to farm is absolutely unjust and disrespectful.

Misfit
08-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Thats not what im saying.

Tpfelblatt
08-02-2019, 04:09 PM
Just gonna ignore the two sarcastic clowns.

I personally like a stronger Ebonthrax, just not like this. All that was done was making every single one of his attacks hit so you get knocked back and stunned every 4-5 seconds. And the Firebreath was fixed I guess. This just slows down the run and doesn't add anything to make it more entertaining. I was hoping for increased mega combo dmg per % of health; e.g. when below 33% health "Pwned" deals 300% dmg. Or something like that. I like that the Firebreath and the Meteors actually deal dmg now BECAUSE there is COUNTERPLAY against those via dodging/moving. Opposed to that Ebonthrax basic attack stunning and knocking back is just annoying.

25 Platinum for one run at Ebonthrax... Running it normal adds like 4 Minutes to the run and is free. Doubt that anyone will actually use the ticket to farm there because the droprate is as abysmal as the normal run. It's just not worth it.

When adding time to the run via increasing the difficulty of Ebonthrax the droprate should've been adjusted accordingly. The droptable of Ebonthrax is HUGE; ranging from trash to mythic of all 6 slot items, plus Vanities and Chest. As of right now farming is worse than before and it will realistically take months until we can PvP. Almost all Mythics in game are from Quest boxes and one was purportedly dropped by Raggador(?). And that source is drying up very soon.

In conclusion: Make Ebonthrax stronger in a way that is also entertaining. When doing this also increase the droprate.

XghostzX
08-02-2019, 04:19 PM
I have to admit, I feel a little bitter knowing that the journey to competitively PvPing is a long, gruesome one. I'm happy that the hardcore PvErs have some fresh stuff to work with, I really am -- but PvP will have to be put on hold for the handful of us PvP lovers. I'm not sure the right balance between leveling efficiency and PvE entertainment will be achieved.

Aoeqt
08-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Just gonna ignore the two sarcastic clowns.

I personally like a stronger Ebonthrax, just not like this. All that was done was making every single one of his attacks hit so you get knocked back and stunned every 4-5 seconds. And the Firebreath was fixed I guess. This just slows down the run and doesn't add anything to make it more entertaining. I was hoping for increased mega combo dmg per % of health; e.g. when below 33% health "Pwned" deals 300% dmg. Or something like that. I like that the Firebreath and the Meteors actually deal dmg now BECAUSE there is COUNTERPLAY against those via dodging/moving. Opposed to that Ebonthrax basic attack stunning and knocking back is just annoying.

25 Platinum for one run at Ebonthrax... Running it normal adds like 4 Minutes to the run and is free. Doubt that anyone will actually use the ticket to farm there because the droprate is as abysmal as the normal run. It's just not worth it.

When adding time to the run via increasing the difficulty of Ebonthrax the droprate should've been adjusted accordingly. The droptable of Ebonthrax is HUGE; ranging from trash to mythic of all 6 slot items, plus Vanities and Chest. As of right now farming is worse than before and it will realistically take months until we can PvP. Almost all Mythics in game are from Quest boxes and one was purportedly dropped by Raggador(?). And that source is drying up very soon.

In conclusion: Make Ebonthrax stronger in a way that is also entertaining. When doing this also increase the droprate.

From what Rag told me after talking to him, he didn't drop one. As of right now, there are currently 3 in-game, all dex items: wing, ring, amulet. Wing and amulet are in cs, ring belongs to Wowikr. All from golden boxes.

With the way things are now, I would strongly guess that players may resort to leveling characters in order to receive a free box from questing in order to drop elite/mythical items instead of farming the boss.

Fwend
08-02-2019, 07:56 PM
I have to agree with others.

When we expressed our interest in having the capability of hosting Map 5: The Legend of Ebonthrax, we all assumed it would be free.

In previous campaigns the access to the premium platinum maps had the purpose of accelerating your experience, or quest collection and increasing the percentage drop rate with rare loot.

I do hope STS consider making adjustments to the new:
EBONTRHRAX LAIR TICKET!! - 25 Platinum

To include perhaps awarding players more than 3 drops from the boss itself as well as the inclusion of XP orbs for players under level 110 and to dramatically increase the drop rate percentage on rare loot.

Or have some of the mobs that spawn drop loot as well and xp orbs, or change some of them to the Admiral and Vice Admiral mini boss.

Faq
08-02-2019, 08:24 PM

When we expressed our interest in having the capability of hosting Map 5: The Legend of Ebonthrax, we all assumed it would be free.

In previous campaigns the access to the premium platinum maps had the purpose of accelerating your experience, or quest collection and increasing the percentage drop rate with rare loot.

To include perhaps awarding players more than 3 drops from the boss itself as well as the inclusion of XP orbs for players under level 110 and to dramatically increase the drop rate percentage on rare loot.

Or have some of the mobs that spawn drop loot as well and xp orbs, or change some of them to the Admiral and Vice Admiral mini boss.

Agree with this. There are hardly and parties farming Ebonthrax, most just hang out in town waiting for Cinco to buff drop rates. Just isn't sustainable in its current state. I can't speak for others, but I know if the price were dropped to maybe 5 plat and you got access for 30 minutes with increased drop rate odds, I would be in that dungeon non stop. Would probably bring in more money that this 25 plat one ticket joke.

When cinco said update was coming today to address communities concerns, I was prepared to drop 60 bucks on plat. Now there is very little incentive for me to do so. Just my two cents.

Mastervoodoo
08-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Most of the time me and you don’t agree with anything sunny, but you just make really good points. Every plat purchaseable dungeon thus far , has had some type of incentive for players. The only perk of dropping 25 plat on this, is skipping the mobs which takes a minute or two to clear lol.. my thing is, I can’t tell if he’s doing it to be a smart *** or what? But I stated in another post that maybe the drop rate is set high, and possibly bugged out / not performing properly and just giving players common drops repeatedly, and cinco doesn’t believe it, and just assumes we are being needy. It’s either that or he just doesn’t care. But either way I don’t think a good outcome will come out of his updates. He takes constructive criticism/ community opinions towards him offensive and obnoxious, so we can’t win for losing.

killinclaw
08-02-2019, 10:22 PM
In all honesty I think this cap has been an really good cap overall. The grind to fast cap really brought back memories of previous caps before orbs were introduced. And they were hard and tedious. That's what made PL great and worthwhile. I actually felt accomplished and that the cap meant something. I was cheering for friends and people when they capped as well.
But getting back to topic, I'd have to agree about the drop rates being so low and although we dont know the specifics and tables, removing junk items might help without having to redo the whole algorithm.
Also I'd like to add that I do like the new mechanics of the update on the dragon but his hp is a little high. A third less hp would be perfect.

Cinco
08-03-2019, 05:09 AM
As I read this you’re wanting a premium Platinum dungeon - and I understand this. I also get that you think I’m just being mean (by keeping drop rates low and not offering a quick path to Mythical gear for big spenders) but my reticence to supply this is based on my view of what that practice did to the economy during 105.

Faq
08-03-2019, 06:04 AM
As I read this you’re wanting a premium Platinum dungeon - and I understand this. I also get that you think I’m just being mean (by keeping drop rates low and not offering a quick path to Mythical gear for big spenders) but my reticence to supply this is based on my view of what that practice did to the economy during 105.

The problem is when you create this system of ultra rare over powered items, you are at risk of completely alienating the pvp community who view farming as a means to an end. It is clear that mythics will be the only viable endgame pvp set and you have said you expect it take months to complete a set.

This has prevented myself and others from buying plat to farm or even just run Antechamber because the payoff just isn't worth it. Perhaps an idea to solve this is make the ultra rare mythic items vanities that provide pve stat buffs only.

This way you have incentives for the pve players to buy elixirs and farm, but the pvp players who aren't willing to sacrifice weeks or months into farming are able to get a decent set in a reasonable amount of time. Just an idea, but if the drop rates are kept as they are a decent percentage of the player base will loose interest quickly.

I already see it happen, there are remarkably view games being run right now, most just sit in town dejected and unsure if farming is worth the time commitment.

Dolloway
08-03-2019, 06:32 AM

I think the big mistake is overlooking that a good chunk of the endgame playerbase plays pvp as evident through the passion and vocalness on forums. Many players have left their twink homes because pvp simply isn't viable anymore and have gone to endgame which you have promoted to players if they want 'balanced pvp'.

Now, you could tell those players to continue to play Honor while they wait but they have been doing that for months on end waiting for the new cap to release and new gear to play with and experience. If there is a significant content update or expansion but the new content gear is locked behind incredibly rare drop rates, then many players will feel that their efforts playing this game are wasted. At the end of the day, if you don't already have a sizable amount of gold at your disposal to purchase Mythics from players who miraculously loot Mythic equipment, then you will likely never be able to equip a Mythic set given the fact that it is so difficult to drop Mythics.

I myself happen to be well off in this game that I can choose to spend a large amount of gold on a Mythic set should the pieces become readily available to be traded by players willing to sell. However, what about the other 90-95% of players who are not as fortunate? This does not make for an enjoyable or good pvp experience when you only win games because you have better gear than opponents rather than strategies, tactics, or skill.

I am all for incredibly rare drop rates - just not for something that players need in PVE and PVP such as gear, but rather vanities such as the White Admiral Dress.

There are many players logged off who are awaiting an update that fixes the player experience and many more sitting in townes awaiting the same. These players would be willing to spend money or use platinum on things such as farming but currently feel as if their money and time would be wasted and I cannot disagree with them.

You're welcome to disagree but I just don't believe the current situation is healthy for the game.

Mastervoodoo
08-03-2019, 06:42 AM
I think the big mistake is overlooking that a good chunk of the endgame playerbase plays pvp as evident through the passion and vocalness on forums. Many players have left their twink homes because pvp simply isn't viable anymore and have gone to endgame which you have promoted to players if they want 'balanced pvp'.

Now, you could tell those players to continue to play Honor while they wait but they have been doing that for months on end waiting for the new cap to release and new gear to play with and experience. If there is a significant content update or expansion but the new content gear is locked behind incredibly rare drop rates, then many players will feel that their efforts playing this game are wasted. At the end of the day, if you don't already have a sizable amount of gold at your disposal to purchase Mythics from players who miraculously loot Mythic equipment, then you will likely never be able to equip a Mythic set given the fact that it is so difficult to drop Mythics.

I myself happen to be well off in this game that I can choose to spend a large amount of gold on a Mythic set should the pieces become readily available to be traded by players willing to sell. However, what about the other 90-95% of players who are not as fortunate? This does not make for an enjoyable or good pvp experience when you only win games because you have better gear than opponents rather than strategies, tactics, or skill.

I am all for incredibly rare drop rates - just not for something that players need in PVE and PVP such as gear, but rather vanities such as the White Admiral Dress.

There are many players logged off who are awaiting an update that fixes the player experience and many more sitting in townes awaiting the same. These players would be willing to spend money or use platinum on things such as farming but currently feel as if their money and time would be wasted and I cannot disagree with them.

You're welcome to disagree but I just don't believe the current situation is healthy for the game.

This is what I’m trying to explain, yes it comes off as if the community of pocket legends is asking for sets to be easier to farm, which is true, we are. But it’s not just mythical items we are after, it’s the elite sets that people aren’t being able to complete. I’m all for leaving mythical as rare as they are, we just need a set that we can actually farm a bit easier, given that it takes almost 10-15minutes to kill the boss that drops them.. and I’m just glad my to be honest post has cinco actually giving us his train of thought rather than what appeared to be smart comments. Atleast we know what he’s thinking now so we can better explain our selves. Thank you cinco

3pc
08-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Everyone’s making some great points 🧐

Yogaa
08-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Cinco,

I think it will be better if you make vanity items more rare than the mythical set

Make it easier for us to farm mythical sets and set the Vanity items with 1/600 drop chance.

By doing this the PVP player will get mythical set for PvP and
the PvE players will keep farming the vanitys that will worth millions.

Both PvP and PvE will be active again.

And one more thing... please make the mobs drop XP Orbs because it's really boring for those who doesn't love leveling like me.

xzLegendszx
08-03-2019, 11:57 AM
Cinco,

I think it will be better if you make vanity items more rare than the mythical set

Make it easier for us to farm mythical sets and set the Vanity items with 1/600 drop chance.

By doing this the PVP player will get mythical set for PvP and
the PvE players will keep farming the vanitys that will worth millions.

Both PvP and PvE will be active again.

And one more thing... please make the mobs drop XP Orbs because it's really boring for those who doesn't love leveling like me.Then why do you even play?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Duckypowerz
08-03-2019, 12:54 PM
I have only complaint with how rare mythical is. The mythical gear is so overpower compared to elite gear and the others. And because it is so rare the few ppl who have the mythical will practically be untouchable in pvp for months and the more they get before the rest of the community the more untouchable they will become. I appreciate the rarity aspect of the items but it just will lead to an unbalanced pvp aspect for months to come unfortunately.

Tpfelblatt
08-03-2019, 05:54 PM

Could you specify what you mean by: "my reticence to supply this is based on my view of what that practice did to the economy during 105."?
In particular what the effect on the economy was.

I don't see how super rare drops are helping the economy. Right now everything feels like a crappy lottery. One random player gets a desirable drop and cashes in on 30-200M, not discriminating between who is rich already and who could use the boost of gold.
I have had asked for a proper crafting system on discord, like we had in 71, 76 and 77 cap. This would've helped fan out the income from farming more broadly across the playerbase.

Unless you elaborate on you claim that this is better than 105, I couldn't possibly wrap my head around it. IMHO 105 was bad too. Farming and economy wise.

Duckypowerz
08-03-2019, 08:43 PM
I think the best solution to the issues we are having would have been having ONE singular item as the mythic for the set. Like how in the past we used pink sets wing elite 2hs as the rare special op part. I think that we should have stick with this method and used elite sets as the top gear and had a mythical amulet as the special portion. This would let us keep the drop rate we have now and had the mythic aspect easier to obtain while providing the exclusive portion along with letting us use 1h or 2h sets instead of limiting us to an elite 2h set like previous caps. Unfortunately we already have mythic sets so this idea won’t work for this cap. Going into future caps I think we should move back to this older format that we had which worked wonderfully.

Lalaanica
08-05-2019, 03:47 PM
I agree. It was super disappointing to hear from Cinco yesterday that we would be able to host Ebonthrax only to find out today that it costs 25 plat per run. In addition, Ebonthrax only has a chance to drop orbs for players under level 110, it's not even guaranteed for 25 plat per run.

Maybe make it an elixir that lets you host Ebonthrax for 30 mins-1 hour. 25 plat for a single run for a chance to drop orbs or rare gear is too much.

30 minute hosting would be like 2 runs...

Lalaanica
08-05-2019, 03:59 PM

do you mean years?

Mastervoodoo
08-05-2019, 10:54 PM
do you mean years?

Lmfao that reply make me laugh

Waydog
08-06-2019, 12:29 AM
Yeah I agree, PvP.