View Full Version : Pharcydes Winter Festival Compromise Idea

Pharcyde
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I was reading Samhaynes posts in Apollo's thread, and had a stroke of genious

So Samhayne said that the 2 platinum per run was made to appeal to the "masses" (Kids) and allow more people to enjoy the content.

So why not have a option for both farmers and the "masses"?

Have a 15-30 platinum one time purchase for the holiday content, and it provides unlimited access.

Orrr...

Have it be 1 platinum = 10 minutes of access/ 2 platinum = 25 minutes access/ 5 platinum = Hour 20 minutes access.

This caters to farming players and players who just want to experience the content and get the 2 quest vanitys

Improvements:
- Got rid of the 4 hour elixir: It was absolutely pointless on PL and was only leading to mass exploiting of Voleria Epics on Star Legends.
- Got rid of the elixir vanishing after boss, you can squeeze in as many bosses as you possibly can with the new timed elixirs

Ideas:
- Get rid of the gamble package and sell the items separately at scaled prices. I'd buy them all that way.
- Don't have deals of the day like Antlers, when you can get them free
- Christmas Eve - Have a half off hour and 20 minute access elxir DotD
- Christmas day - Have the least purchased vanity on sale for the DotD.
- Since it is kinda late in the year and a lot of people already bought access, this would be a idea for next years Holiday.

Ideas?
Opinions?
Concerns?

Tell me what you think. Please no trolling or flaming.

Moogerfooger
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Nice. I suggested something similar on some thread...2p per run, if they insist on keeping it, but also offer something like a 5-10p per hour pass, and 10-25p for the duration of the event. That way, there are multiple options, like you suggested. Farmers would be happy, kids would be happy, sightseers would be happy, relatively speaking.

FluffNStuff
12-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Something like a 30 plat costume that let's you 'sneak' in an unlimited number of times would be great. Just a note to devs, I do appreciate that the current Christmas content is what it is, but these are thoughts for the future.

Deadsoldiers
12-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Nice compromise but fist sts has to see their "mistake" afterwards there has to be a solution found. Hope that happens fast :-). This game has the fastest support i have seen so hope it will be fast this time

Justg
12-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the ideas Pharcyde, and also to the rest of you have also been promoting interesting alternatives.

We're be discussing this and all of the community feedback tomorrow.

ninjaduck
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Also, I think the timing is a bit strange for the WF event... Look at it this way, I only buy plat on Xmas, and by then it wil be almost over right? Isn't the most popular times of purchase is at Xmas as presents/gift vouchers? Dont make sense to me...

Also, Voleria is impossible to solo, but for some reason when haveing bought a 3x elixir, they seem really squishy.... suggesting something?...

Pharcyde
12-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the ideas Pharcyde, and also to the rest of you have also been promoting interesting alternatives.

I threw the thread together in 5 minutes before work, so I didn't get to explain everything if you wanna check back.

I really really like Fluff's idea for the "Sneak" option. Maybe unlimited access could be a special vanity, that when you have equipped, you can get into games for free, or "sneak" perhaps.

Also, I think the timing is a bit strange for the WF event... Look at it this way, I only buy plat on Xmas, and by then it wil be almost over right? Isn't the most popular times of purchase is at Xmas as presents/gift vouchers? Dont make sense to me...

Also, Voleria is impossible to solo, but for some reason when haveing bought a 3x elixir, they seem really squishy.... suggesting something?...

Yes and no Ninja. The event usually is halfway over by the time christmas has arrived. Meaning that people who can't wait can get a early start, and players who are relaying on itunes giftcards for the holidays can still play.

The only advantage is extended time to farm content, and first pick at high prices for players who can afford to buy holiday content early.

And it has always been like that Ninja, even when the first super elixirs were appearing. It is to promote group activity. But if you are so inclined to solo, you can do so effectively with elixirs. The group exp bonus, increased drop rates, and overall effectiveness of clearing a map all points to encouraging group activity. We can't really call greed on that one

Conradin
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Well theres a reason your a genius- Threads like this!!!!! its beautiful.

Nick41324
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
I like the idea of the pass/one time purchase, but STS will not listen.

Something like a 30 plat costume that let's you 'sneak' in an unlimited number of times would be great. Just a note to devs, I do appreciate that the current Christmas content is what it is, but these are thoughts for the future.
Ninja costume xD

Pharcyde
12-18-2011, 10:40 PM
I like the idea of the pass/one time purchase, but STS will not listen.

Well theres a reason your a genius- Threads like this!!!!! its beautiful.

Heheh I think it's soo ugly. I was running late for work and was like "OMG I JUST HAD A APIFINY!! MUST POST BEFORE WORK!!

kallima
12-19-2011, 01:45 AM
This was suggested by many in the "official feedback section" for WF but good idea to make a separate thread as it's easier for the devs to recognize instead of filtering through 17 pages.

I will probably be the lone voice to say that 25-30 plat is much too cheap for the all-access pass. I think 25-30plat is good for 2-4hours. Plat low/conservative players will still be able to enjoy the content and the hard-core farmers would still be able to maintain some lucrative merchanting. I think a fair price for an alk-access pass is a minimum of 100plat.

One issue that has not been addressed is the handling of those that already invested much more than the suggested pricepoint if it's amended.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 02:05 AM
This was suggested by many in the "official feedback section" for WF but good idea to make a separate thread as it's easier for the devs to recognize instead of filtering through 17 pages.

I will probably be the lone voice to say that 25-30 plat is much too cheap for the all-access pass. I think 25-30plat is good for 2-4hours. Plat low/conservative players will still be able to enjoy the content and the hard-core farmers would still be able to maintain some lucrative merchanting. I think a fair price for an alk-access pass is a minimum of 100plat.

One issue that has not been addressed is the handling of those that already invested much more than the suggested pricepoint if it's amended.

100 is still a bit steep, not even new dungeon content was that expensive when they actually charged for it.

30-50 plat is what I would say, max. 100 keep pink prices way high and then basically you could get really rich by spending platinum. But that is just my opinion :P.

The devs have reversed decisions before and dealt with the aftermath by refunding platinum to anyone who spent it. Now that the game population is a lot higher, they might have to refund on request. So platinum would not be refunded until the player emailed support about it. To make sure ignorance doesn't play devils advocate, they would have to make it very clear in game that they can get plat back by requesting it.

Also, you have to remember a lot of us purchased the dungeon access last year, and it is the same exact map with the same exact mechanics.

kallima
12-19-2011, 02:20 AM
I know that what's affordable is based on individual circumstance but as someone that was testing how much one could earn with TapJoy offers I can confirn that I earned over 150plat. I didn't download any apos that required money or personal info, so though it would be mind numbingly dull, it's still a viable option for those limited by income.

Yes the environment is the same, a point I lamented in a different post but the loot isn't. If we are going to be honest, that's the majority of the reason why we fight bosses - for the loot. :)

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 02:38 AM
I know that what's affordable is based on individual circumstance but as someone that was testing how much one could earn with TapJoy offers I can confirn that I earned over 150plat. I didn't download any apos that required money or personal info, so though it would be mind numbingly dull, it's still a viable option for those limited by income.

Yes the environment is the same, a point I lamented in a different post but the loot isn't. If we are going to be honest, that's the majority of the reason why we fight bosses - for the loot. :)

What if you already burned through all the tapjoy offers from previous events in the not so far past?

How does only changing the loot make the map value turn from the previous 10 platinum to 100? Yeah in all honesty, we only want the loot. But the big talk is always about how much it costs to design the content. When only a slight adjustment in the content was made.

kallima
12-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Well, normally I would say they should have budgeted their plat as we all knew WF was arriving BUT no one could possibly foresee such a price hike from 10plat to 10x that amount. From that perspective I would say that your amount is more reasonable but that might defeat the intention the devs had when they stated that the hard core farmers would have to pay more for that privilege.

Just my 2¢, but most, myself included would agree that any adjustment would be better than the pay to play linked with every boss kill we have now.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Well it seems neither of us are right or wong lol. All ideas have gone against something sts is now enforcing. I feel like their vision on the direction of the game has gotten murky. Before, you could nail it right on the head.

Arterra
12-19-2011, 07:43 AM
while changing the whole scheme of things for this go around might be too late, I do like the idea of christmas day specials. good way to get players busy with their family on xD

Fao
12-19-2011, 07:44 AM
I agree! After all these complaints and the devs haven't changed anything!

Moogerfooger
12-19-2011, 07:49 AM
I agree! After all these complaints and the devs haven't changed anything!

Well, it's been the weekend. They generally do not make any patches/updates over a weekend. Give it a little time to see if anything happens.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
If you havent noticed JustG has been spending a large amount of time on the forums this weekend. He is on his days off, not being paid, yet he is still on. Give them some time.

WhoIsThis
12-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Lets see if something happens this week. Usually patches roll out in the afternoon anyways (well, depending on where in the world you live - it may be different).

Mageprodigy
12-19-2011, 09:17 AM
This idea is MUCH better than it is now. Thanks Pharcyde

Aikiebo
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I think a fair price for an alk-access pass is a minimum of 100plat.

The problem with even a 100 plat is, that is only 50 runs which is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours of game play. Setting up a unlimited pass would mean that STS would lose tons of income or the pass would have to be extremely expensive, like 500 plat. But, then people would rage on that. Per run, seems to me to be the best way. This way, everyone is in control of the amount of time they play.

And, yeah, to change it for this year, might cause some problems.

Artemis
12-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Ideas?
Opinions?
Concerns?

Idea: You should text me. <3
Opinion: We should start talking again. (:
Concern: We dont talk enough. D:

Appleisaac
12-20-2011, 10:24 PM

This is INCREDABLY AWESOME!!!! Something like "jack frost ninja costume" or "ice ninja pet"!

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 10:31 PM
This is INCREDABLY AWESOME!!!! Something like "jack frost ninja costume" or "ice ninja pet"!

I'm in favor of this: http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/Pocket%20Legends%20Rare%20item%20Collection/SantaClaws.jpg

As the outfit..

And when you talk to the GW transporter dude, he panics and is like "uh yes, of course, right away sir!" and allows you onto the ship for free :D

kallima
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
The problem with even a 100 plat is, that is only 50 runs which is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours of game play. Setting up a unlimited pass would mean that STS would lose tons of income or the pass would have to be extremely expensive, like 500 plat. But, then people would rage on that. Per run, seems to me to be the best way. This way, everyone is in control of the amount of time they play.

Notice I said a "minimum of 100plat." As far as the issue you state about losing revenue for all-access pass, I could say the opposite and project they make even more with the purchase of Luck Lixirs. If I can spend 100-500plat on just the pass, what's another 20plat (i think) for 30minutes with an increased probability in receiving a pink. Then to speed up the runs, people may just purchase the melee lixir as well.

Flippys
12-21-2011, 12:31 AM
The problem with even a 100 plat is, that is only 50 runs which is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours of game play. Setting up a unlimited pass would mean that STS would lose tons of income or the pass would have to be extremely expensive, like 500 plat.

I would gladly pay 100 plat or even 500 plat for an unlimited access pass. Doing 30-35 runs an hour quickly adds up. Add in the thrasher, and I'm at 100 plat an hour right now.

WhoIsThis
12-21-2011, 02:48 AM

In case you are wondering, last year, there was a one time access for much less than 500 plat for the festival. It was a hit and STS did not go bankrupt.

Aikiebo
12-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Notice I said a "minimum of 100plat."

I would gladly pay 100 plat or even 500 plat for an unlimited access pass. Doing 30-35 runs an hour quickly adds up. Add in the thrasher, and I'm at 100 plat an hour right now.

[In case you are wondering, last year, there was a one time access for much less than 500 plat for the festival. It was a hit and STS did not go bankrupt.

@kalima, yes, I was actually trying to acknowledge that you were the first one (that I am aware of) to see that 20 plat for all access is way to little.

@Flippys, I know what you mean. I am a person that prob isn't even buying plat in Dec. cuz can't afford to, yet I am already way over 50 runs. My first 15 or so runs were with no luck elixr. So no pinks, lol. Since then, I'm using luck and getting quite a nice assortment of pinks. I also using 2x melee and armour, lol. So, approaching 100 plat an hour.

Next year, I would very quickly buy a 500 plat all access. Cuz, would be cheaper per run in the long run. I just think that STS would loose a lot of income by doing this. A lot of people may not want to commit to so many runs. And the farmers/collectors who know they gonna do more runs would save.

I would even buy a 1000 plat all access pass if that included automatic luck elixrs. Imo, there is no reason to run the xmas maps without luck elixrs. Others may be luckier than I was tho and don't feel they need 'em.

No, no way is STS gonna go broke. Too many loyal players buying elixrs for that. That is not what is at issue here.

Players are wanting "better content". However, that is not up to STS. STS is not going to be the ones to determine if future content is "epic" or "bleh". In 2012, are we gonna see "creative" or "the same ol' same ol'"? STS is not going to be the ones to answer these questions. It is entirely up to us players and how much we are willing to fund even better content.

If all we care about is getting xmas content as cheaply as possible or saving as much as possible, that is going to be reflected in the quality of new content. The idea that we should spend less plat "to vote with our wallets" is almost mental IF in the very next sentence people are screaming for better content.

The holiday content is 100% optional. It does not affect the core game at all. That is why, the main purpose of WF is to help STS raise as much funds as possible. That is the objective. A gigantic push or focus on presenting content in hopes that people will enjoy it to the fullest. It is hoped that people will buy many, many runs. And not to figure out ways to lessen revenue, but instead to figure out ways to increase revenue. This is a good thing - a very, very good thing. The more profit STS makes, the better our game will be.

Put the prices into perspective: If I'm spending 100 plat an hour, that = $4.50. If I play for four hours tonight (which most people cannot play that long), that means I am spending $18.00 for the whole evenings entertainment/hobby time. I cannot think of any hobby that you are not gonna spend $15.00 to $30.00 for an evening's fun.

Crips, If I were to go bowling AND in an attempt to save money brought a little metal lunch pail and a PB&J from home, (omg, haha, lol), I'd still be spending more money there than on an evening of elixr filled PL. The amount of money that people are spending on plat should not be more than they can afford. After getting past that idea, it's not more than most hobbies. If you can't afford plat, enjoy the game plat free. Except for content that is completely optional, you can play the entire game that way. The same cannot be said for most hobbies.

If someone can't afford to buy a lot of plat, I'm sad, but it is not really no one's fault. Ultimately, what STS is gonna do, is look at people's spending patterns this holiday event - plus the next 10 months and that is what will determine how next WF will be. We can all speculate on what will or will not make money, but the proof will be in the data that they will analyze as we play the game each month.

But, if we want better content, then Winter Fest can't be about how cheap we can get it, it's got to be about how much we can help STS increase revenue. That's why I think, any unlimited pass is a bad idea.

Bunnyshoota
12-21-2011, 04:05 PM
@kalima, yes, I was actually trying to acknowledge that you were the first one (that I am aware of) to see that 20 plat for all access is way to little.

@Flippys, I know what you mean. I am a person that prob isn't even buying plat in Dec. cuz can't afford to, yet I am already way over 50 runs. My first 15 or so runs were with no luck elixr. So no pinks, lol. Since then, I'm using luck and getting quite a nice assortment of pinks. I also using 2x melee and armour, lol. So, approaching 100 plat an hour.

Next year, I would very quickly buy a 500 plat all access. Cuz, would be cheaper per run in the long run. I just think that STS would loose a lot of income by doing this. A lot of people may not want to commit to so many runs. And the farmers/collectors who know they gonna do more runs would save.

I would even buy a 1000 plat all access pass if that included automatic luck elixrs. Imo, there is no reason to run the xmas maps without luck elixrs. Others may be luckier than I was tho and don't feel they need 'em.

No, no way is STS gonna go broke. Too many loyal players buying elixrs for that. That is not what is at issue here.

Players are wanting "better content". However, that is not up to STS. STS is not going to be the ones to determine if future content is "epic" or "bleh". In 2012, are we gonna see "creative" or "the same ol' same ol'"? STS is not going to be the ones to answer these questions. It is entirely up to us players and how much we are willing to fund even better content.

If all we care about is getting xmas content as cheaply as possible or saving as much as possible, that is going to be reflected in the quality of new content. The idea that we should spend less plat "to vote with our wallets" is almost mental IF in the very next sentence people are screaming for better content.

The holiday content is 100% optional. It does not affect the core game at all. That is why, the main purpose of WF is to help STS raise as much funds as possible. That is the objective. A gigantic push or focus on presenting content in hopes that people will enjoy it to the fullest. It is hoped that people will buy many, many runs. And not to figure out ways to lessen revenue, but instead to figure out ways to increase revenue. This is a good thing - a very, very good thing. The more profit STS makes, the better our game will be.

Put the prices into perspective: If I'm spending 100 plat an hour, that = $4.50. If I play for four hours tonight (which most people cannot play that long), that means I am spending $18.00 for the whole evenings entertainment/hobby time. I cannot think of any hobby that you are not gonna spend $15.00 to $30.00 for an evening's fun.

Crips, If I were to go bowling AND in an attempt to save money brought a little metal lunch pail and a PB&J from home, (omg, haha, lol), I'd still be spending more money there than on an evening of elixr filled PL. The amount of money that people are spending on plat should not be more than they can afford. After getting past that idea, it's not more than most hobbies. If you can't afford plat, enjoy the game plat free. Except for content that is completely optional, you can play the entire game that way. The same cannot be said for most hobbies.

If someone can't afford to buy a lot of plat, I'm sad, but it is not really no one's fault. Ultimately, what STS is gonna do, is look at people's spending patterns this holiday event - plus the next 10 months and that is what will determine how next WF will be. We can all speculate on what will or will not make money, but the proof will be in the data that they will analyze as we play the game each month.

But, if we want better content, then Winter Fest can't be about how cheap we can get it, it's got to be about how much we can help STS increase revenue. That's why I think, any unlimited pass is a bad idea.
Yes, of course Winter Fest is optional, but in all major games, major holidays are always inacted. As for your thinking that we should help STS make more income, there is a much better idea.
Why not have semi- daily unlimited passes? If you charge a player, say 20 plat for a 12 hour period, not only is STS making about 20 play per player PER day, but after a week that's about $20 worth of plat. This way, STS still gets lots of plat, the players are happy because in a way it is unlimited, and everyone is happy, right?:)
Also, these 12 hour unlimited elixirs would still run after you log out.

Rare
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Also, these 12 hour unlimited elixirs would still run after you log out.

Ehh. I was with you until I read this.

kallima
12-21-2011, 05:02 PM
I get it, but my pricepoint and others was in comparison to last years. Imagine being here for WF '10 & only being charged 10plat for full access, can you understand why this would upset most of the loyal players? Everyone understands that prices will increase BUT not at that extreme. Using the bare minimum as an example - your average player did 30 runs to obtain their drops last year. And using WF '11 turnstile approach, they are now paying (30 runs x 2 plat) x 2 plat because runs are now linked to boss kill. So a price hike from 10plat to 120plat is steep, no? Tell me in any other business example where inflation is 12x its previous pricepoint? I have no issue spending plat, my concern is for the legitimately upset customers that will feel gouged.

Let's just take going to the movies as an example, for most people, to "complete" their movie going experience, people will typically purchase popcorn, candy, etc - all optional. But instead of paying $7.50, in the span of 1 year - they are now being charged $90.00. This is what has given people the impression that STS only cares for money, coupled with other things I won't even mention in this post.

Yes, it is STS' business, they can charge what they like but in the meantime, we have a mass exodus of LOYAL players that they have just alienated. I think what people are feeling is normal, and to tell them "It's just business" does nothing to alleviate their concerns, when any NORMAL person would behave in such a manner. I get the business perspective, which is why I would pay the 500 plat for all access and purchase the Luck and Melee plat lixirs on top of that, but to expect consumers to not be upset at the new pricing model is naive.

P.S. O&C holiday content is free.

WhoIsThis
12-21-2011, 05:05 PM
@kallima
There's no other way to put it, this player Aikiebo seems to enjoy paying more platinum for less quality content and attempts to justify it. It's a rather bizarre case of Stockholm Syndrome. If you don't believe me, well, I'm sure you've read some of his other posts.

mackjack
12-22-2011, 04:56 AM
@WhoIsThis

Guess who is trying oh-so-hard to become a GoA?

Pharcyde
12-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't think he realizes that GoA has no in game benefits and he will still spend the same amount of money :P.

WhoIsThis
12-22-2011, 03:47 PM
@WhoIsThis

Guess who is trying oh-so-hard to become a GoA?

Yep - you're not the only one that suspects.

He/she was pretty vigorous in defending it earlier when I noted that the quality of the GoA program had declined too.

kallima
12-22-2011, 03:57 PM
LOL. I have never understood people who clamor for titles.

LelouchX
12-22-2011, 04:00 PM
if something like what was suggested is enacted, im assuming it will apply for PL and SL? what about those of us that already spent over 100 plat on this?

kallima
12-22-2011, 04:33 PM
STS does have an impeccable history of refunding plat when something like this occurs. For example, when they stated that plat would be universal in both their mmo's. Unfortunately, due to Apple's strict TOS, that did not happen, so STS decided they would refund all plat spent in SL back to your original PL account, and as an act of good faith also deposited a small amount of plat into your SL account as a thank you.

I wouldn't worry because honestly, I don't think they will change the turnstile approach of WF.

WhoIsThis
12-22-2011, 05:54 PM
STS does have an impeccable history of refunding plat when something like this occurs. For example, when they stated that plat would be universal in both their mmo's. Unfortunately, due to Apple's strict TOS, that did not happen, so STS decided they would refund all plat spent in SL back to your original PL account, and as an act of good faith also deposited a small amount of plat into your SL account as a thank you.

I wouldn't worry because honestly, I don't think they will change the turnstile approach of WF.

It's possible they might. This charging per run itself was an unprecedented move on STS' part.

The real answer is that we don't know. In fact, the devs themselves probably don't know either. But for now, this question is moot as all indications are that there will be no changes, so LelouchX, I suppose your expenditures have so far not been for naught.

XghostzX
12-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Sorry, I'm a bit behind on the discussion but I just took a look at it. As always parth, another brilliant idea good luck bro.

Aikiebo
12-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Ibut to expect consumers to not be upset at the new pricing model is naive.

P.S. O&C holiday content is free.

Kalima, I totally understand why some players were upset. I never suggested that they didn't have a right to be upset. The ranting, raging and lobbying was not appropriate, but I haven't said anything about that in any of my posts yet. But, sure, I understand why people are upset. And, if I gave you or anyone the impression that people didn't have the right to be upset, I'm sorry, cuz I didn't mean that at all.

In addition to the huge shock and surprise, there was a lot of confusion at first. 1. The quest giver dialog was incorrect, 2. the description of the per boss or 4 hour was worded in such a way that the reality of the situation was unclear and 3. losing plat after simply zoning into a map because the boss was killed before you could hardly even move. All this lead to a lot of disappointment then for some a lot of anger.

No one has a problem with the idea that some players were upset. It is just always good to handle that anger in a way that does more good than harm. I'm not saying that you did anything harmful - not at all. I am just answering your question that you asked me if I understood why some players were upset.

Yes, I understand and I couldn't believe my eyes at first. But, the devs have repsonded to all this. They have made it clear how they are going to handle things in the future.

I don't think anyone thinks that this idea of 2 plat per run was some random thing that STS came up with. Like in some meeting when the subject of holiday pricing came up, everyone just dropped scraps of paper with their ideas into a hat, then someone just randomly picked an idea. Obviously, STS used hard, cold data and combined that with gut intstinct and believed that they had a player base that would support this pricing plan. They would not have made this decision if they didn't think that it would be popular with the players. Only time will tell if they were right.

It is also clear that the reason some players want some sort of "pass" vs. the simple turnstyle set up is cuz the "pass" would be less costly to players. This goes back to what I was saying in my earlier post, I think the turnstyle idea is going to be way more profitable for STS. That is a good thing. But, if it turns out, that not enought players were interested, then STS will do something else in the future.

It's kinda simple. Either, STS will be able to raise a lot of funds to help make this and other games better. Or... in the future a different pricing plan will be implemented.

This is not going to "kill the game" as some has suggested in some threads. It's not like STS is going to implement the holiday content then go on vacation for 6 months then come back and OPS! -- dead game. They are going to be here every single day looking at all the data from all the angles. They are not going to sit back and just let the game die.

As far as O&C's holiday content being free: yeah, if you like chickens, black screen, camping chests all day long, forum whiners and, um... oh yeah, if you're not on Android, lol. (Just having a little fun, haha, I'm sure it's a good game.)

Also, remember, this is their first Christmas. So, sure just like PL's first year, the content is cheaper (runes aren't free, just on sale). But, they will go through the same growth cycles as other games, just like PL has.

Have fun.