12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
So far I have seen these colors:

Blue
Yellow
Grey

What do they mean? Lets try to figure this out

Rodvik
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
They are the difficultly level of the mob in concordance to your level, they also distinguish how much exp you get from that certain mob when you kill it.

At least this is what I have gathered when I asked this question a while back.

I think Red Mobs give you x2 exp? and the higher you level up the less you get.

TsunamiTheClown
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Hmm.......

Ebalere
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
They are the difficultly level of the mob in concordance to your level, they also distinguish how much exp you get from that certain mob when you kill it.

At least this is what I have gathered when I asked this question a while back.

I think Red Mobs give you x2 exp? and the higher you level up the less you get.

Yup. It's a threat level indicator, and can also change depending on the enemies left and what level you are.

serprus
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I have fought the Voleria 5 boss and have had different colored orbs.

Once blue and once grey

Rodvik
12-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Yup.

And this man right here is the fellow that told me all about the orbs. Lol

Fac3bon3s
12-18-2011, 07:04 PM
These are my theories.

Red = severe mental issues
Yellow = you made their day sunshine
Blue = you did something in the past they are feeling sad about.
Green = they want your money.
Grey = you are to old for them

serprus
12-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Ok, so explain with examples then.

I fought Ed Neezer with full group of 40s and the orb was blue for me and one other person, and we both got vanity drops (Smooch-me's) in same run. I run it again with SAME group and I have a grey orb, run it again and have yellow. Explain this please.

Fac3bon3s
12-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Ok, so explain with examples then.

I fought Ed Neezer with full group of 40s and the orb was blue for me and one other person, and we both got vanity drops (Smooch-me's) in same run. I run it again with SAME group and I have a grey orb, run it again and have yellow. Explain this please.

I think Neezer is an exception. And based on who created game. If you and the other level 40 created first game, it would make sense that it was red. Usually based on what level is highest on map the mobs will average out.

Deathpunch
12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Red = severe mental issues
Green = they want your money.

These two would be all over the B* if they were applied to toons. I would have two red ones.

-----
Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!

SuRfY
12-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Any screenshots?

Fac3bon3s
12-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Any screenshots?
I think maybe about 7.

TANKKAAR
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Here guys.... This is a threat lvl guide for farming in PL but am sure it will shed some light for you on how it all works :-)

Hope it helps!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40753-Understanding-Threat-levels-for-Scaled-Farming&highlight=threat+level

drewcapu
12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Pretty much just the first paragraph of that post applies anymore since enemies remaining and threat level have no effect on drop level. The item you drop is just whatever level you are.

serprus
12-18-2011, 09:33 PM
So what would the blue threat level mean?

LelouchX
12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
also, the higher the threat level, the better chance of dropping better gear. Red is highest threat, grey is lowest. Blue is in the middle.

drewcapu
12-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm still curious about the circumstances of serpus getting different threat levels though.

What level toon was creating the WF maps?

The WF map doesn't seem to easily recalculate mob levels, even after a group wipe or everybody leaving and re-entering.

So, if you're entering a map that was created by, say a L30, I would expect the threat level to be grey.

LelouchX
12-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm still curious about the circumstances of serpus getting different threat levels though.

What level toon was creating the WF maps?

The WF map doesn't seem to easily recalculate mob levels, even after a group wipe or everybody leaving and re-entering.

So, if you're entering a map that was created by, say a L30, I would expect the threat level to be grey.
i'm also curious, i should have kept an eye on it last night while i was there..... which reminds me, was that you running with me and buddy of mine last night?

Fac3bon3s
12-21-2011, 05:07 PM
i'm also curious, i should have kept an eye on it last night while i was there..... which reminds me, was that you running with me and buddy of mine last night?

Ok so I did some testing. I entered a map as a level 10 with a level 14. The mobs were the greyish colour. Still giving xp but not the maximum. I then had a level 40 join us. As soon as the 40 was with in the map the mobs became much to difficult and threat became red. The only exception is if I was to dmg the mob and or boss before the 40 was in proximity. I cleared to Ed Neezer as a level 10. Damaged him. Ran back. The level 40 came into map. Walked up to Old man Ed and 3 shot him.

drewcapu
12-21-2011, 05:22 PM

Yes :)

Ok so I did some testing. I entered a map as a level 10 with a level 14. The mobs were the greyish colour. Still giving xp but not the maximum. I then had a level 40 join us. As soon as the 40 was with in the map the mobs became much to difficult and threat became red. The only exception is if I was to dmg the mob and or boss before the 40 was in proximity. I cleared to Ed Neezer as a level 10. Damaged him. Ran back. The level 40 came into map. Walked up to Old man Ed and 3 shot him.

Yeah, the WF map is weird. Once the threat level of an enemy has been initialized, it sticks. Even if everyone leaves and re-enters the instance, any mob who has previously been aggro'd will have the same threat level as before. I haven't been bored enough to really test threat level resetting in SL. I always presumed it worked exactly like in PL.

LelouchX
12-22-2011, 10:38 AM
so i was with another level 9 on my level 9 toon and NOTHING we did got the threat level to get any better than grey. mobs were all green. tried approaching last mob as a solo, bringing back and killing, and then approaching boss solo. I did this so that there was no chance of the 2 toons being too close to the boss at that last mob (well, 2 enemies) in the hopes the threat would be higher if boss only saw 1 toon as opposed to 2. Before even approaching the boss, the threat was grey for the whole room. Either way, its weird the way legendaries drop there. i think i'm done with this map lol.

Xaphan Fox
12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
I'd love a dev to comment on this. Don't know why any portion of a games interface should be left to speculation.

Bad form lol

LelouchX
12-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I'd love a dev to comment on this. Don't know why any portion of a games interface should be left to speculation.

Bad form lol
devs are working on glitches and comments pertaining to permanent game content. i've seen pinks drop like mad run after run even with the grey threat, so i just think the threat level of neezer is best ignored, as i have never seen pinks rain from the loot gods for a boss on a grey threat level as they have in WF.