PDA

View Full Version : Eggzavier and luck reroll

Ebereasider
08-05-2019, 03:35 AM
As with every event, some people again keep saying that reroll making their loots worse and they are looting better pets without reroll. Some of them keep pestering me to change my luck pet at boss as it is changing their supposed 'arcane' pet drops into 'rare'. Looks like these people are totally ignorant on how the reroll mechanism works, so here you go:

How it works currently:

Mobs can have multiple loot tables. Rerolls happen independently within each loot table.

If you get an item from a loot table, reroll behavior is different based on the rarity of the item from your initial roll.

common, rare, epic: If there are items of the next better rarity in the table, you get one of those.
legendary, mythic, set, spirit, vanity: Roll again on all items in the loot table. If the resulting item is a better rarity, you get that instead.
arcane, heroic: no reroll, you get the initial item.
So if you can read and understand english, you'll see that it will NEVER reroll if your original loot is arcane or heroic pet.
And reroll NEVER gives you an item which is lower rarity than your original roll.
If you are looting good pets without reroll, that only means you are fortunate enough to get good items on your original roll

All in all, reroll doesn't guaranty you the best loot, you can loot good items without using reroll, reroll only gives you a 2nd chance at better item.
Lastly, if you still refuse to believe or if you are superstitious about reroll, here's an arcane egg drop after reroll:

slaaayerrr
08-05-2019, 04:04 AM
You received: hoop of quickness

are you elixirs seller or?

don't need pretend that u know everything for sure if u aren't
yes devs said that mythic and arcane can't be rerolled. Why then elite boss relic (body) can be rerolled to elite boss relic (mind).
you said that reroll won't give u items lower rarity. But it doesn't mean that reroll cant give you worse item. And i think all those marshal lockeds in nordr were rerolled from elite gold chests
MAYBE same about common cryostar weapons...

Ebereasider
08-05-2019, 05:23 AM
You received: hoop of quickness
Chester is 1st, not hoop of quickness

are you elixirs seller or?
No, I don't have plat. Someone annoyed me a lot for my use of Timur, that's why I posted.
And elixir lucks doesn't affect other party members, post is about using luck pets like Timur, Hisha, Lucky etc.

slaaayerrr
08-05-2019, 05:32 AM
Chester is 1st, not hoop of quickness

And ? You keep killing mobs after you got egg? I'm sure that no
so u killed some mobs same time as killed eggzavier. Mob dropped hoop by reroll. Zavier dropped egg. Why so sure that reroll was about egg? Only because u or ur pet picked it before than that hoop?
And I already gave you example of rerolling mythic to arcane... so why it can't be reroll from arcane to heroic then ? And most of heroics worth less than arcanites if we talk about regular zavier (actually it's only heroic mishi worth more than some arcanites, all other heroics are cheap)

Ebereasider
08-05-2019, 05:36 AM
so why it can't be reroll from arcane to heroic then ?
Read what the dev said, I've even painted it red, if you get arcane on 1st try, it will not trigger any reroll

slaaayerrr
08-05-2019, 05:38 AM
Read what the dev said, if you get arcane on 1st try, it will not trigger any reroll

Try any elite map with high luck u will see that mythic getting rerolled to arcane. And those elite boss relics are not just rerolled from arcane to arcane. It's really rerolling from mythic because without luck u getting arcane too rare (compared if u are with high luck)
Also devs didn't said anything about heroic rarity. Did they tell that heroic can't be rerolled from arcane? No

Ebereasider
08-05-2019, 05:47 AM
Try any elite map with high luck u will see that mythic getting rerolled to arcane. And those elite boss relics are not just rerolled from arcane to arcane. It's really rerolling from mythic because without luck u getting arcane too rare (compared if u are with high luck)
Who said that mythics can not reroll into arcane? Here, read some more:

So if you get a mythic you can reroll and get arcane/heroic?
That's correct, though unlikely, since unless there's nothing less rare than mythic in the loot table, the second roll probably won't be better than the first, so it would stick with the first.

The way Mr. Futumsh says it means that it will just re-roll rarities from the same group. So basically a Mythic item can re-roll into Set or Vanity, but not Arcane or Heroic.
No, for the example of the first roll being a mythic, it rerolls from everything. If the second roll happens to be an arcane, you get an arcane. It's more likely that the second roll won't be better though, since the better rarity stuff is... more rare.

Also devs didn't said anything about heroic rarity. Did they tell that heroic can't be rerolled from arcane? No
Did you even read the red part in my original post? It clearly includes heroic. And what part about "no reroll" you don't understand?

slaaayerrr
08-05-2019, 06:35 AM
When I getting heroic egg by reroll does it mean that I just lost arcane egg because of reroll ? Or

Spheresome
08-05-2019, 06:47 AM
I think luck has played a factor. I switch between using luck and not using luck when i'm bored, and I have been overall luckier when using luck.
The first two days of the even I used luck and looted 2 Arc MM, 1 KNK, and Heroic Geroge. The next two days I use no luck and only get 3 heroic eggs (can't remember names). Today I resumed using Luck and got Heroic magma, SNS, and 3 lesser Heroics.

I use luck now from my hisha all the time and I will be using it the rest of the event. When my friends ask why i just say superstition :)

Thewolfbull
08-05-2019, 07:44 AM
When I getting heroic egg by reroll does it mean that I just lost arcane egg because of reroll ? Or

If your first drop is a mythic and it rerolls, it rolls again on all other items so second roll can be anything from common up to heroic/arcane but if second roll is under mythic rarity you just get the mythic from first roll, if it's higher than mythic you get that instead. Mythic can reroll to any rarity above mythic so can be arcane or heroic they don't go in order if first roll was mythic.

Tldr: luck does help on mythic rerolls but it's a very low chance of being better.

Kingdawnage
08-05-2019, 09:10 AM
I thought luck doesn't affect egg drop during this event

Kingdawnage
08-05-2019, 09:16 AM
I need to know if luck actually affects egg drop.
Because some people say it does while some say it doesn't

swoutttt
08-05-2019, 10:24 AM
I looted 2 arcanite eggs so far.. both on a reroll. The heroic pets i looted h mishi h magma etc was without reroll. I think reroll inceases your chance on arc eggs.

Alwarez
08-05-2019, 11:19 AM
I think that dude lives without any rerolls just fine, as for me, I only get RICKrolled

illumminati
08-05-2019, 05:43 PM
I have looted 2 arcanes and both were without reroll but the few arcanites and heroics i have looted were all with rerolls

Moscu
08-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Thanks I needed this. That means I literally have a lot of bad luck (on RL).
In the whole event I have only looted 3 Heroics, Many mythics, and one without counting legendarys, etc.

marzeg
08-06-2019, 03:01 PM
thank god someone posted this because it's getting dangerously scary that a large part of the community believes that the developers of the game implemented a luck system with the soul purpose of making people unlucky. yikes.

Fyrce
08-06-2019, 04:26 PM
People probably reroll out of vials. Other than that, keep running everyone.

Ebereasider
08-06-2019, 04:42 PM
People probably reroll out of vials. Other than that, keep running everyone.
Vials are lone item in a different loot table, so doesn't get rerolled:

What about the drop chances of Vials in Arena Chests and Elite Shuyal, Tindirin, and Planar Tombs? How can a Rare item be more rare than a Mythic item?Individual items or item groups can also have different drop rates. It's possible for a 'rare' item to have a lower chance to drop than an 'epic' item, or less of a chance than another rare item in the same loot table. Also, most of the potential vial drops are from a loot table that only has the vial, which wouldn't be affected by rerolls.

Vvildfire
08-07-2019, 03:07 AM
It's just my personal experience, but using Luck % did reroll Heroic eggs for me. It's just very uncommon. I also rerolled a bunch of rares and epics, but the Heroics I got were rerolled.

will0
08-07-2019, 03:20 AM
i dont use any hisha AA or what just timur as passive so far 2 x hmishi + arc DB, i heard people loot more than me using other pets

Trolmurk
08-07-2019, 09:38 AM
I've looted two heroics without any luck at all in my equipment, pet, nor I was using any luck elixir. My teammates weren't also using any luck pets that game, so I think it all comes down to RNG if you get lucky or not, but I guess a tad bit of luck doesn't hurt.

Motherless_Child
08-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Read what the dev said, I've even painted it red, if you get arcane on 1st try, it will not trigger any reroll

I think what they are trying to say is that if the initial drop is Heroic or Arcane, the item itself will not change to another because it's top tier rarity. I do not think they were trying to say if the item is Arcane or Heroic the RE-Roll message and effect will not happen. Besides, how do you know that the Chester was not a mythic or legendary pet before the RE-Roll??????

Kaziscate
08-07-2019, 11:44 AM
I need to know if luck actually affects egg drop.
Because some people say it does while some say it doesn't

Luck does in fact affect egg drops... sometimes. It's because of how the loot table for Egg-Zavier is set up.

Kaziscate
08-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Can confirm, I was the reroll.

All jokes aside, luck helps.