PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite "cap" and why?

Lalaanica
08-07-2019, 02:02 PM
I began this game when 85 cap was already in place, so I cant speak to the other caps before this.

But my favorite 'cap' has been 100, and here is why.

Quests for exp, and grinding for quests. There were a lot of get 100 crystals from Mox, or get 100 keyshards.
Grinding took a while, and most of it I did without a pet.

You could pull the whole map. which we did, then hit them with the winterberry staff.

because of the quests many multiple people were grinding map after map, it was a lot of fun.

burntoutdex
08-07-2019, 02:19 PM
my favorite cap is the current 110 cap.

the drops are so nice, the ebonthrax boss is challenging, and the pvp is amazing.

not to mention the new boat racing feature.

it's a blast!

XghostzX
08-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Balefort Sewers (56 Cap) will always reign as my favorite cap. Engaging PvE content, a competitive, non-toxic PvP community, great friends and memories -- the game truly felt like an extension of me at the time. An experience like no other :)

Duckypowerz
08-07-2019, 03:30 PM
77 was my favorite cap because farming lust sets was fun and somewhat challenging plus it was always profitable when merching, it felt like a perfect balance and of course pvp back the. Was more active and fun than now.

Mastervoodoo
08-07-2019, 05:46 PM
By far the best cap extension we’ve had is hands down l77 cap raise. Sure it was a remake of crystalline but you could farm all the L75 gear and farm the crystals you needed to craft it into lustrous. The golem boss was challenging and fun and profitable, every few runs someone in the party was getting a good drop. The pvp was more balanced than I have ever seen before in pl history, even more so than 56-71. Pvp was incredibly active due to the ability to farm and craft sets was fairly easy and maintained a good price in the cs. If there’s one cap I’d like to see a private server for its definitely l77. Wish there had of been a tournament then.

#waydog2020
08-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Balefort Sewers:

-amazing, tight-knit, warm, and friendly community (I met people then that I still speak to today)

-complex, competitive, balanced, entertaining PvP across the board

-rewarding PvE for everyone (something that has failed to be replicated)

-no inflation

-little to no botting

MageFFA
08-07-2019, 09:50 PM
56 or 76 for me. I lean more towards 76 for the high pace PvP. As a archer and a dex mage with fiery/burning bush. A great competitive(toxic) community that I enjoyed dearly. Considering I am a veteran of the late great MW2 Multiplayer setting so I kinda fit right in.

I enjoyed playing PvE in 76 especially after the burning forest dungeon became free. Hell I can't even count anymore but I had to have ran slayer a thousand times and still to this day haven't gotten a starry drop. Tried to solo the onyx like Ape did, Tsk regretted that. Good times.

Xyzther
08-07-2019, 11:12 PM
61 and 76 were the most fun for me. 61 was a very short lived cap so I never really felt ‘burnt out’ from grinding the same thing over and over again. 76 was very fun because while it was long, that’s where I made many of the friends I still have today. Also besides savage being slightly strong, 76 pvp was relatively balanced and was super fast paced and enjoyable!

Stephencobear
08-08-2019, 12:30 AM
Sewers era,
ppl were still hyper aware of what each class needed to do in each variance, combos mattered. Lower level sets were viable in pvp o.o
Then after that nuris for the demonic crafting challenge
Humana was fun too but I was spending hella plat so it should have been ;P

Congeniality
08-08-2019, 12:54 AM
I really enjoyed 76. On the prior couple caps I had played mage and bird, but frankly sucked. I started playing fox and really liked it. It also sucked, but at least it was fun :) !

Fwend
08-08-2019, 03:26 AM
I loved many campaigns due to the challenge of farming:

• I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of farming during 71 Humania when STS released the premium plat map Mystery Mash, to farm the boss fight Guru AychTu', where the EMS, ESB and the EWT was looted.

• One month later the Forgotten Treasure dungeon event was released where we farmed forgotten weapons.

• On month after that was pre - Black Smoke Mountain and the Fire Forest dungeon with the ichor quest, where black dragon gear was farmed as well as awarded the 71 fire elites.

• A little more than a month was Black Smoke Mountain 76 campaign and the fast cap of Level 76 in 4 days with the award of the Elite Fossilized Dragon Egg and Elite Cut-Throat title.

• Two months later the new Vixen Ranger and Rhino Paladin Classes where introduced and the fast cap of Level 76 in 4 days rewarded the Overachiever's Helm.

i also enjoyed Ancient Caverns level 77 campaign due to the most greatest group of farmers in my beloved guild <Pure Life Elite>.

Waug
08-08-2019, 08:08 AM
My favorite cap yet to come unless 110 is one. I believe in you Pocket Legends.

AOE ftw!

ImRandy
08-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Humania lvl71 was best cap ...it was the most creative ... offered the most content ... and the items that came from that cap are still the most desired items today.

Manonthemoon440
08-08-2019, 08:42 PM
76 playing with all my old friends pvp was great then and the game was more active

Kingzila
08-17-2019, 03:23 PM
The beginning year of 76 I'd have say was the funnest cap by far with the community being super active, friendly & more less not content starved to the point where recycles had to become a thing, add the fact that plat was easy to come by so farming & playing with people was fun & easy & you get just a great time to play pl & have good time. Now it just seems like a chore to even get on it sadly.

Snakespeare
08-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Believe it or not, we were once frantically farming frog hats from a one hit wonder witch.

Kazori
08-25-2019, 01:14 PM
Mine was definitely the 25 cap