PDA

View Full Version : After 7 years; do devs still not consider giving us more skills?

VenomSet
08-08-2019, 06:38 AM
I dont mean more skill slots (however this would also be nice because sometimes playing as a rog in PvE can be boring i dont know about the other classes)

Ps what I am saying here is only my PvE perspective because I do not PvP

I mean we actually need more skills, dont we?
Almost every rogue, warrior and mage setup looks the same, everyone uses the same because some skills are just useless (hate to say it).

I think it is appropriate that after 7 years we can request some new skills for all classes.
Yeah, we got Skill Masteries (wow, same Skills we already have just upgraded > doesnt count)
And we got an Ultimate which is pretty nice to run 200% faster for me BUT I can maybe use it 1-2 times in a map so > doesnt count either.

So basically only minor skill updates in these 7 years of playing.

I can only speak for myself here right now, but please give us 1 or 2 events less this or next year, and focus your time and money and dedication and creativity on some actual skills which are permanent and add some fun.

Thanks in advance,

Venom

slaaayerrr
08-08-2019, 09:10 AM
i'll prefer if old useless skills, passives, masteries, ultimates will be improved instead of creating new skills

Azerothraven
08-08-2019, 09:19 AM
What a horrible idea nty

Perceval
08-08-2019, 10:21 AM
Pretty sure they said something along the lines of the current skill system coding being fragile last time someone asked about this

VenomSet
08-08-2019, 11:17 AM
i'll prefer if old useless skills, passives, masteries, ultimates will be improved instead of creating new skills

Thats an idea too, yes

VenomSet
08-08-2019, 11:21 AM
What a horrible idea nty

I respect your opinion.
But still, could you explain your statement in a little more detail.
For example, why do you think its an horrible idea?

SlaveKnight
08-08-2019, 11:56 AM
I agree with you... If they don't want to create new skills, they could at least improve some useless skills like Rallying Cry, that ability it's just useless for PvE and PvP...

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

Teases
08-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Ultimates weren't added too long ago, and that was another way of customizing your playstyle and the like. I think a whole overall of the skill system is just, a lot.

Stephencobear
08-08-2019, 08:20 PM
In pl all tanks have a skill that is just like the terror blade proc that pulls in crowds, I wish tanks here had that option. It REALLY helped people to work on team dynamics, which is lacking in al.

Also rework old useless skills would be nice as mentioned.

Azerothraven
08-08-2019, 08:36 PM
I respect your opinion.
But still, could you explain your statement in a little more detail.
For example, why do you think its an horrible idea?

too much work. previously dev said it would cost wayyy to much resources and will create further game imbalance. they like the game the way it is now and dont want to spend the next 6 months changing and fixing and refixing a new skills and adjusting them with gears etc

i think if u are bored then take a break or play a different game and come back later.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
08-08-2019, 09:15 PM
Hopefully fix curse skill for mage in PVE, so it does what it says.

Korabiv
08-08-2019, 09:17 PM
I’m not sure adding new skills would be the best idea for the game right now. However, I think it would be nice to buff some of the useless skills. Some examples for each class:

Rogue: shadow veil
Currently: overall pretty useless as damage buff doesn’t stack with pet or elixir buff (most people have these). No real purpose for this skill.
Idea for new: add a 15% crit buff for standing in it and/or add +primary stat equal to player level (so a level 71 rogue would receive +71 dex). This would add an offensive option to make this skill useable.

Mage: curse
Currently: not sure about pvp but it does absolutely nothing in pve. Damage done to enemies is so small it’s not noticeable.
Idea for new: make it similar to the bs staff proc. Before the staff got nerfed, the “curse” that came from the proc was very good and did high amounts of damage. If the skill curse was buffed to levels similar to this, it might make mages more useful against bosses, especially the hard hitting ones.

Warrior: rally cry
Currently: buff is pretty much useless. Not worth investing a skill slot at all as it gives no offensive boost and overall bad defensive boost.
Idea for new: similar buffs to the shadow veil I mentioned above. Give it a stat buff (or multiple). Warriors are not very good in boss fights, and people don’t want to run with more than one in a pt. In order to fix this, it would be interesting if rally cry buffed nearby allies with %boss damage (50% for example). This would make warriors desirable at bosses.

I think these are the main “useless skills” people would want to see buffed. These ideas might also better balance the game so it’s not rogue legends anymore, but all classes can be equally useful.

Tuhguhbuhbuh
08-09-2019, 10:49 AM
I’m not sure adding new skills would be the best idea for the game right now. However, I think it would be nice to buff some of the useless skills. Some examples for each class:

Currently: overall pretty useless as damage buff doesn’t stack with pet or elixir buff (most people have these). No real purpose for this skill.
Idea for new: add a 15% crit buff for standing in it and/or add +primary stat equal to player level (so a level 71 rogue would receive +71 dex). This would add an offensive option to make this skill useable.

Currently: not sure about pvp but it does absolutely nothing in pve. Damage done to enemies is so small it’s not noticeable.
Idea for new: make it similar to the bs staff proc. Before the staff got nerfed, the “curse” that came from the proc was very good and did high amounts of damage. If the skill curse was buffed to levels similar to this, it might make mages more useful against bosses, especially the hard hitting ones.

Currently: buff is pretty much useless. Not worth investing a skill slot at all as it gives no offensive boost and overall bad defensive boost.
Idea for new: similar buffs to the shadow veil I mentioned above. Give it a stat buff (or multiple). Warriors are not very good in boss fights, and people don’t want to run with more than one in a pt. In order to fix this, it would be interesting if rally cry buffed nearby allies with %boss damage (50% for example). This would make warriors desirable at bosses.

I think these are the main “useless skills” people would want to see buffed. These ideas might also better balance the game so it’s not rogue legends anymore, but all classes can be equally useful.

I really hope that devs take up these suggestions. It would overall give us a good gaming experience for new and old.

Kyptix
08-09-2019, 02:56 PM
I understand when people say that "oh they will have to spend to much time on this", but wtf... After 7 years, if its even been that long, I would think STS could be capable of creating a few new skills. A game that has had millions of downloads and probably made a DECENT amount of money SHOULD produce good content. Other games (which make less profit) create new content all the time. Instead of recoloring skins, using the same events every year, not adding a single new npc, they could actually try to fix the game. I mean ffs, there are bugs from YEARS ago that are still in the game... The most recent good update to AL was the stacking update. Sometimes I wonder if the staff members of STS are running out of funds, or they are just lazy... Like, I understand you still make money everyday if you do nothing, but you could triple or quadruple the amount of money by getting new players.

At this point though, the game is kinda screwed. Any new player will discover that every other player looks OP and everyone has OP gear, OP pets, expensive vanities, already lvl 63+. The only way for this game to be saved is for STS to create new towns, new map, new items, new vanities, new pets, new skills, ect.
If you don't agree with me, that's fine. I don't care. But I think it should be said that STS needs to step up their damn game. Like sh*t dude, maybe make a new rolling spinny thing that you get to roll for free every day, or maybe just add a "daily rewards" thing for logging in every day. Maybe create a new PVP map, or a new town. Maybe add a betting system. Maybe bring back old vanities. Maybe REDESIGN the forums, so that each section fits the game it's about. (AL, PL, ECT)

God damn it, why did Justg have to leave.

Stellarstorm
08-09-2019, 03:53 PM
We do hv ultimates

VenomSet
08-09-2019, 03:56 PM
We do hv ultimates

You didnt read what I wrote, right?

Korabiv
08-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Some ideas for new ultimates. The goal would be to try and better balance the game.

Mage: Deal massive damage to a single target that insta kills any minion. Deals an additional 500% to bosses.
This would essentially give mages the ability to kill off a specific big minion as well as give mages more usefulness in boss fights. Imo, mages already have best ultimates and it would be hard to replace energize.

Warrior: Buff all nearby allies with 100% boss damage for 10 seconds. Also adds 50% armor to all allies for this duration.
The goal here would make warriors relevant in boss fights, as well as buffing the parties armor during non-boss fights. The current state of warriors makes it very difficult for harder maps to be run with more than one in the party. Hopefully this would help fix that problem.

Rogues: Create an aura around the rouge that does damage to nearby enemies for 15 seconds.
The idea for this would be similar to the “ignition” proc of the flame forged daggers, only that the rogue can still use skills while it is up. Rogues have probably the worst ultimates, and this would give them a more offensive choice.

Let me know what you guys think. Again, the purpose would be to try and better balance the game. Right now, all classes do well with dealing with mobs, but rogues excel when it comes to boss fights, making the other classes much less useful. These ideas, as well as the changes to skills I mentioned in my previous post, would give all classes a more equal value.

SlaveKnight
08-09-2019, 06:34 PM

I think these are the main “useless skills” people would want to see buffed. These ideas might also better balance the game so it’s not rogue legends anymore, but all classes can be equally useful.+1. Warriors are pretty much useless against bosses, and curse does nothing

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

schrodinger's cat
08-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Im not fearful what new things will come (although changing stuff like sound effects has potential to do a lot of harm). The new items and procs like speed sets, spirit weapons and ultimate skills keep the momentum alive, but how about fixing whats wrong? Rogues shouldnt shoot thru rocks, lets start there and move forward.

slaaayerrr
08-10-2019, 12:47 PM
So, now all i do is laugh too because if i wasnt id be crying. So lets laugh together. Haw haw.

Rogues shouldnt shoot thru rocks, lets start there and move forward.
hmm... i guess its time to laugh together again ;D haw haw haw

but seriously, rogues shot thru rocks only because theres some casting time of aimed/nox (rogue use nox/aim before hided behing rocks, but theres still casting time, and u see it like 'rogue shot thru rocks'), no problem, just decrease casting time and u will never see it "thru rocks" again, and will never been prepared to get aimed at ur face haha
and why its again we talk about rogues? fireball/frost bolt have same mechanics, isnt it? or just remember that axe which can pull "thru rocks"...

Browdy666
08-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Common guys, rogue shots thru rocks, warrior pulls thru rocks, mage can do the same with frost bolt. Where is the problem?

Fiasaria
08-10-2019, 01:41 PM
sacrificing events for skills makes no sense. my guild is dead af when there are not events and boom 30 plus online during event weeks

schrodinger's cat
08-10-2019, 02:23 PM
hmm... i guess its time to laugh together again ;D haw haw haw

but seriously, rogues shot thru rocks only because theres some casting time of aimed/nox (rogue use nox/aim before hided behing rocks, but theres still casting time, and u see it like 'rogue shot thru rocks'), no problem, just decrease casting time and u will never see it "thru rocks" again, and will never been prepared to get aimed at ur face haha
and why its again we talk about rogues? fireball/frost bolt have same mechanics, isnt it? or just remember that axe which can pull "thru rocks"...

Because rogues were specifically mentioned in the glitches section of forum where someone pointed this out. The response made by Futumsh said he knows about this and isnt going to do anything. Its a tracking issue that should be looked into and would greatly help matters in pvp and pve as well.

slaaayerrr
08-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Because rogues were specifically mentioned in the glitches section of forum where someone pointed this out. The response made by Futumsh said he knows about this and isnt going to do anything. Its a tracking issue that should be looked into and would greatly help matters in pvp and pve as well.

that bug was fixed, btw reported by rogues, cus rogues arent selfish :)
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?424312-Glitch-pressing-skill-twice-messes-things-up

schrodinger's cat
08-10-2019, 05:54 PM
that bug was fixed, btw reported by rogues, cus rogues arent selfish :)
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?424312-Glitch-pressing-skill-twice-messes-things-up

I dont see the relevance of ur post and my comment. Thanks.

slaaayerrr
08-10-2019, 06:21 PM
I dont see the relevance of ur post and my comment. Thanks.

same as i dont see the relevance of your comments and this thread

illumminati
08-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Just give us the ability to create our own toon with 4 skills of our choice from all the current classes. Just for PVE of course. That would be badass and give this game an interesting twist.

May be just a far fetched idea and terrible in practice, but it sounds good in my head :)

VenomSet
08-11-2019, 02:16 AM
Just give us the ability to create our own toon with 4 skills of our choice from all the current classes. Just for PVE of course. That would be badass and give this game an interesting twist.

May be just a far fetched idea and terrible in practice, but it sounds good in my head :)

Lmao would be funny to see wars and mages with aimed shot.... or rog and mage screaming for juggernaut xD

merlintrue
08-11-2019, 08:59 AM
All the pretending we know what it cost for sts and other mad up gossip aside, I +1 this idea more skills would be cool I do prefer more character options tho saw a post on that and how some many cried it won't fit a imaginary story line that doesn't exist here lol

Remiem
08-15-2019, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback! It's really helpful to hear more about what you guys want in game. As far as I can tell in the general pulse of the community, balance is a big priority for most of our players, and as you guys well know, new additions must be added with caution and careful planning. We'll definitely keep all this in mind, though, as we continue working on new content and updates!

alonehope
08-16-2019, 05:52 AM
Hopefully fix curse skill for mage in PVE, so it does what it says.

+10000
even in pvp, it doesn't reflex a lot of damage also if it could only reflex and done get some hit would be better because mages should be able have some op skill too we only have a shield that only up for some sec and rouges could spam aim shot and dash into it until we dead :|
make mage better curse skill could be better also others skill u all can work on it :)

alonehope
08-16-2019, 06:02 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback! It's really helpful to hear more about what you guys want in game. As far as I can tell in the general pulse of the community, balance is a big priority for most of our players, and as you guys well know, new additions must be added with caution and careful planning. We'll definitely keep all this in mind, though, as we continue working on new content and updates!

in mus, mages use the same curse and even wars cant do anything whit it if they hit someone hard will die, also those we hit into them will get almost no damage best opinion for curse skill I recommend is add some amount of damage taken to mages and whoever touched by curse if attack anyone, not mage only or only mage that way could be so unbalanced, get like at last 50% of his attack back into themselves.
right now if mages use curse on a rouge and don't have any shield and get hit by a rouge combo they will die and rouge won't... it does not make sense curse could be super op skill for mages also in PvE too we all know u guys can work some on it after cap 61 most of ur focus was on rouges and they all are almost super op right now like they don't need anyone else 4 rouges = super fast pt... make game balance :))ty guys
and sry for bad English

alonehope
08-16-2019, 06:10 AM
Im not fearful what new things will come (although changing stuff like sound effects has potential to do a lot of harm). The new items and procs like speed sets, spirit weapons and ultimate skills keep the momentum alive, but how about fixing whats wrong? Rogues shouldnt shoot thru rocks, lets start there and move forward.

well in aimshot thing it's pretty unbalanced if they hit in max charge crit they like have +160% crit and if they hit ebon procs they will die but ... it's not better at last make aimshot less buffing or more cdr? rouges pretty could spam it until they ran out mana now if they have Mishi they can spam it until every one dead as i said vs mage they will spam it into a mage shield if they don't have ebon staff. making game balanced mean every class should have a way to beat other classes :)