PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate suggestion thread

nazgulking
12-19-2011, 02:04 AM
Hey there folks,

since I still love this game, even if I don't like one bit the direction it is taking, here is my list of wishes for the future of PL, taken from other MMOs I have tried:

- Maps:
As for now the maps are instances, in the general meaning of it (not from the technical point of view), I think Pve maps should be divided into 2 types: Instances and Terrain.
The Terrain ones are maps like Croc Feud, where mobs respawns and large enough where all level can joins. Here is where you would be grinding your experience. At some ends of the map there would be entrances to the Instance maps.
Instance maps are the normal campaigns we have now. They can be paid or free and are level locked (which means that only certain level toon can enter it).
In the Terrain maps you can gain trash, uncommon and rare gear. In the Instance maps only epic and legenderary item drop.

- Quests
In my opinion, the quests should drive our way to the top level for that camapaign (Terrain + Instances). You can grind, but that would take longer than choosing the quests. The daily quests should drop a second type of currency, which can be used for further purposes (access to minigames, buying gear and so on). There should be also epic quests that take several camapaign to be done.

-Crafting
As for now crafting is nothing, we let someone to do the dirty work for us. I would like to see gathering skills and professions which you can level. The materials to search for would be of 2 types: Normal ones which have to be gathered in the Terrain maps, and Special ones which drops from mobs (maybe only from Instance's mobs).
There will be two types of recipes: normal which requires only normal material to be crafted, and special ones which upgrades the best loot and requires special material too.

-Guild
As for it is now there is no to little reason to join a guild. Let the guilds have levels. The more levels your guild have the better the benefits are. You can buy levels with drops from particular daily quests made only for guilds. These can be obtained from boards within the Guild hall itself. The benefits can range from discounts on elixir on buff you can get on your toons.

-Pet
As they are now, they are just vanities. Let them be leveled. They could offer only buffs and you would have to feed/train them to gain better buffs. This could be a good Gold sink.

-Skills
After we have finished to max them all out, they will raise their cap. Not good.
Here is a idea. Let certain skills have a max cap, let's say 5. Others will have no max cap. Let's have passive skills too. Let's have special skills gained from specializations... You know the rest.

I won't say anyting about PvP since I don't like it as a concept. I will let others say their opinons about this matter.
I don't think devs will take this suggestion into consideration, but I will write my opinions nonetheless.

Suggestion delivered.

prouzi
12-19-2011, 04:47 AM
The maps only drop purples and pinks?? Wow we would be really rich lol.

nazgulking
12-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately I had little time to elaborate my idea. To respond your concern, keep in mind 2 things.
First I have in mind Terrain maps to be easier than Instances and the Instance map would drop mostly epic items. Secondly I would like to have more time to spend on crafting rather than farming it. This means that to craft my item, it will take a long time.
Besides I would like to see a system where I can choose what stats to put into my crafted items. Not huge advantages, but still things that can advantage my class in battle.

Arterra
12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
terrain/instance maps differences is a GREAT idea... it might also help out with towne design, as right now most are just circular hubs since they need all the exits to different areas... one entrance to the towne, one exit to next towne, and path to relevant terrain map. from the terrain map you walk towards each instance.

that is, of course, if we ever bother walking. people are too used to simply creating a game at a instance. The instant gratification argument is too strong to devolve into a travel-necessary game (or a true MMO...) so for all of us hoping for a grand, open world, probably never going to really happen.

PatsoeGamer
12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Like the suggestions esp, pets :)

Whirlzap
12-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Here's some feedback:
Phar, like always bro, your ideas are unmatched and your language is smootthhhhhh......
Anyways.
The Terrain ones are maps like Croc Feud, where mobs respawns and large enough where all level can joins. Here is where you would be grinding your experience. At some ends of the map there would be entrances to the Instance maps.
-In some other games like WOW, (not comparing PL to WOW), there are always free play maps, where any amount of people can enter and kill the monsters, and the monsters spawned every 10 seconds or so.
This terrain thing is a VERY good idea, for people to socialize together while grinding.
Having some hard mini-bosses spawn would be a good idea too.

As with the pets, currently all pets are attainable only from forms of Platinum.
Perhaps STS could give a chain of quests that would ultimately give you a free vanity pet.
I also think that there should be a vanity pet and a regular battle pet.
Anyhow, great idea.

As with guilds, the possibility of having more stats from guilds would inspire guild members to cooperate together and know each other better in trying to achieve goals.
I think there should be more exp given during full guild runs or something.

Last of all, don't lose hope.
Sure, these ideas sound crazy and will probably take a few thousand pages of scripting or whatever to implement, which may be the reason they have not been used, but something similar could be seen later on.
Phar, you should start playing the game competitively again, and see how much it's changed since Sewers.

nazgulking
12-20-2011, 02:08 AM
This is my own suggestion, Whirlz :) Ty for the speech :D Phar has its own thread ;)

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 02:59 AM
This is my own suggestion, Whirlz :) Ty for the speech :D Phar has its own thread ;)

This made me LOL ;)

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/dejavo.jpg