PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to enhance current options in the game

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 02:34 AM
This thread was inspired by nazgulking. Hence the similar context :P..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45943-Ultimate-suggestion-thread

Quests - 99.9% of quests are worthless.

Make quests longer and more complex with a higher gold and exp reward
Make special vanities per each dungeon instance that you obtain after completion of all quests in that area
Make one epic vanity for completion of all quests.
Make more specialized quests like cyber quests

Crafting - Right now, crafting is such a bad system

Make crafting materials dungeon and level based.
- Each dungeon should have its own unique crafted items. Only crafted gear on that level set can use that particular material
Lower droprate of crafting materials. Crafted gear should be valuable.
Make a leveling system - Higher levels can craft higher gear
Make recipes a one time use. Once you use them, you forever know the recipe
Make sets customize-able.
- Add 1 additional gem spot per every 5 levels of crafted gear. But the thing is you don't need one gem in particular. You can put whatever gem you want into that spot and get whatever stat effect desired.
Make super rare gems with very good stats.
Make certain tier 1 crafted materials and gears untrade-able, so players have to play through the content to get the gear they desire

Guild - Kinda pointless at the moment.

Add a guildwars PvP map. Made to fit a large amount of players were guilds can face off.
Guildwars pvp leaderboard - shows which guild has had the most guild vs guild victories
Guild bank - suggested many many times
Goals and Achievement board - Higher ranking members can post guild goals or guild achievements on a board in the guild hall.
Guild Message box - Recieve special guild messages in a inbox that can be checked online or offline
Citizen Voting Booth - Non guild players can vote in towns for the "best" or most "helpful" guilds, highest voted guilds get spots on two new leaderboards
The Gold fountain - Guild members can contribute to the gold fountain in the guild hall. At the end of every week, a random member is selected and gifted all the gold. If a player is kicked from the guild, gold is returned. If the player leaves the guild, the gold remains. Every day players get a Voucher for a chance to win it. Every 10,000 donated gives a additional Voucher. More Vouchers = higher chance to win. Random drawing decides the victor.
Public guild recruitment boards - Players can purchase advertising space for guild advertisement. Players can request to join the guild from there, all requests go to specified officer for approval.
Guild Hall of Fame Leaderboard - Shows which guild has the highest leaderboard ratings of all time.

pvp - What can I say? The entire system is bad.

Additional suggestions - Make it worth while to play all the way through the map, instead of players farming one map "hotspot" for drops or exp.
Add more super rare vanities to the maps to increase replay value.
Make more then one tier 1 armor set.

Have sub-skill points. Players can achieve additional skill and statpoints by ways other then leveling. Great for twinks as these would take time, gold, and lots of work to achieve.

Conradin
12-19-2011, 09:11 AM
I really like the guild ideas and we need pvp rewards bad.

MightyMicah
12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Overall, great ideas! I like it.

Skeletonlord
12-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I think these ideas are really constructed and cleverly thought through. I love each and every idea, and I think that at least half of these ideas might get added!
Really nice ideas pharcy!

WhoIsThis
12-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I'd have to disagree with making crafting gear too valuable and too hard to get.

It would worsen the rich-poor gap currently in PL. IMO demonic pushed things too far. 9 million for a set? The current drop rates are fine. It takes quite a bit of effort to get the crafted sets (a couple of million gold), which is enough. It also seriously hurts PvP players, who don't have as much money since they spend more time PvPing and less time farming/merching.

The rest I agree with.

PatsoeGamer
12-19-2011, 06:05 PM
I really like these ideas, especially about the quests! Make them longer, and make them more interesting. I would like more in depth stories to the quests - overall GJ!

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I'd have to disagree with making crafting gear too valuable and too hard to get.

It would worsen the rich-poor gap currently in PL. IMO demonic pushed things too far. 9 million for a set? The current drop rates are fine. It takes quite a bit of effort to get the crafted sets (a couple of million gold), which is enough. It also seriously hurts PvP players, who don't have as much money since they spend more time PvPing and less time farming/merching.

The rest I agree with.

I see what your saying.

I personally would love to see some sort of compromise made though. Nontradeable materials and crafting sets would make it so that a rich player can't buy their way to end game tier 1 within the first week. But also it means that Solely PvP players are at a disadvantage, because they now have to spend more time in story mode and less time in PvP. I kinda liked what runescape did, were they introduced hard work and achievement into pvp. Like the nontradeable level 90-99 stat potions that put super and barbarian potions to shame. I also liked how questing gave you a advantage in PvP - because quests unlocked cheap and very PvP customized gear, but the quests took a lot of time to achieve.

Idea - What if we have several sets all with several different purposes? The storymode sets would be catered to more effective map clearing. While PvP players can earn KP (Kill Points) and exchange them for high end gear catered towards making a player more effective in PvP.

Also, remember that there would still be tradeable boss loot and tradeable crafted gears. So rich still get what they want, perfectionists who complete the game 110% get what they want, and PvP'ers get what they want.