PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Nexus issues

Kahlua
12-19-2011, 05:41 AM
So I just bought the new Nexus phone, and it's beautiful. Best phone I've had yet. However, I've noticed when playing SL, my screen gets VERY hot, more so when plugged in charging. Also, when I try to do my usual movements I did on my Droid X2, I can't seem to use 2 fingers at once. If I'm running with the analog stick, I can't swipe my screen to turn. The same is true for shooting, and it seems that just tapping shoot doesn't work very often, and a much more aggressive tap is needed.

I know the phone is new, has a new operating system, and probably isn't patched or whatever for SL yet, but if you guys have any plans for this phone, please let me know! Otherwise, I'll just stick to chrome on my computer.

WhoIsThis
12-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Try lowering the brightness of the screen. It should make the phone cooler. Another option is to put the phone near something cool - but away from liquids or condensation. Maybe the fridge - it is suppose to remove moisture (but not freezer).

Right now, few Android apps properly support Ice Cream.

I don't know why the touchscreen is less responsive though - might be the issue above or it might be the phone itself.

Deathpunch
12-26-2011, 06:53 PM
I would be willing to bet that SL just hasn't been optimized for android 4.x yet. I would expect an update in the coming months to rectify this as more devices receive the update. Until then, if the issue is that bothersome for you, then using chrome may be your only option. Another idea would be if you have wifi to keep using your dx. The market and the app will still function as long as you have a wifi connection. Just a suggestion. :)

-----
Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!