PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Chester/The re-gifter/Arcanite chester passives

Thewolfbull
08-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Chesters passive says: Increased chance on dealing damage to increase gold drop rate 20% for nearby allies.
The Re-gifter passive says: Increased chance on dealing damage to boost gold loot 25% for nearby allies.

Does this mean that chesters passive only increases the chances of a mob dropping a pile of gold, and because of that it is useless on bosses as a boss can only drop 1 pile of gold anyway?

While The re-gifters passive increases every single pile of golds amount that drops?

Also wondering if the 25% chance to increase gold drop rate on arcanite chester can stack with chesters 20%?

Browdy666
08-18-2019, 07:44 AM
Yes they can stack. I saw 3 buffs in pt.

Thewolfbull
08-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Yes they can stack. I saw 3 buffs in pt.

That doesn't prove it stacks if they are giving different buffs though, but with the same icons.

I think a dev is the only one who can answer this, someone told me a dev explained the differences to them before but I can't find it anywhere on forums, must of been in chatbox at some point and chatbox stuff gets deleted after a certain point.

Ravager
08-18-2019, 03:52 PM
Chester passives increase the gold pile value despite the awkward wording. I tested this a while back. I never tested the other pets.

Thewolfbull
08-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Chester passives increase the gold pile value despite the awkward wording. I tested this a while back. I never tested the other pets.

How can you test this? As far as I know there is no mob or boss ingame that has a set amount of gold it drops every single time.

Ravager
08-18-2019, 05:06 PM
How can you test this? As far as I know there is no mob or boss ingame that has a set amount of gold it drops every single time.

The way I did it, I ran hauntlet a few dozen times. I took note of the lowest and highest values for the gold piles. I then ran hauntlet a few dozen times now with the pet summoned (Chester). Took note of the lowest and highest gold pile values again. Take note of the difference. If there's no dev response, probably you can test it similarly by running in a 3 man group and each time swapping in or out the pets you want to test.

Browdy666
08-18-2019, 07:14 PM
That doesn't prove it stacks if they are giving different buffs though, but with the same icons.

I think a dev is the only one who can answer this, someone told me a dev explained the differences to them before but I can't find it anywhere on forums, must of been in chatbox at some point and chatbox stuff gets deleted after a certain point.

Yes i mean that. 3 different buffs with same icon. Anyway lets wait for devs here.

shadowronn
08-19-2019, 02:34 AM
Oh no, you have committed a very big mistake, this is a pet related question and must be posted in the relevant section which is ''AL pets''. Now if someone searched for this they won't be able to find it. How very sad indeed. Posted this because I am not a developer nor am I anyone in the position to tell you what to do.

Thewolfbull
08-22-2019, 09:36 AM
Got a reply from a dev for anyone else who wanted to know.

slaaayerrr
08-22-2019, 09:46 AM
at lvl40+ no difference in description, both increase gold drop rate