PDA

View Full Version : Plat based auction system for igns

MajorProblem
08-11-2019, 12:11 AM

What about this?
I'm kinda still waiting for it.

zeptifyx
08-11-2019, 12:30 AM
+1 because this would help their money flow come from other things that aren’t events etc... also help people get some good names back again and see some good names back around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MajorProblem
08-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Idky these accs aren't getting deleted anyways after a while. What is the point to keep a acc alive which is already banned for years?

Iron.Emma
08-11-2019, 01:43 AM

What about this?
I'm kinda still waiting for it.-1 Again because of the plat-based system , it should be gold based too so its available for all and secondly people might be able to steal identities of old-famous banned players.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Spllitz
08-11-2019, 02:32 AM
-1 Again because of the plat-based system , it should be gold based too so its available for all and secondly people might be able to steal identities of old-famous banned players.

Sent from my Le X507 using TapatalkYes i totally agree to this + you get ign for free when you create an account so they should not sell ign's

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

VenomSet
08-11-2019, 02:33 AM
-1 bad idea imo

Vvildfire
08-11-2019, 04:43 AM
I like it, it'd be nice to see more cool names around. It doesn't harm anyone and doesn't give an unfair advantage to non plat users.

MajorProblem
08-11-2019, 04:51 AM
If it's for gold and not for plat, some rich players keep hoarding igns like the already do. And why stealing identities?
Let's take gym or hot as example, everyone knows they are banned anyways, for years.
Or add something like a stamp if u click on the name, where u can see when someone got the ign or only that its purchased with plat.
Let's be honest, ppl keep selling and buying igns anyways, so it would be a nice thing to make it legal to get a better name.
If we would talk about Marihuana the most would scream yay.

MajorProblem
08-11-2019, 04:53 AM
They are just players around which don't wanna see others with better names.

Abuze
08-11-2019, 05:28 AM
Don't need players swapping igns more often than they swap vanities.

VenomSet
08-11-2019, 05:42 AM
Scammer will plus 1 this

Kyptix
08-11-2019, 07:23 AM
I think this would be great if they can make it so you can see past owners newer igns or the dates where people changed their ign to what they have.

Dunno
08-11-2019, 09:10 AM
No ty......

Azerothraven
08-11-2019, 09:43 AM
+1 those who already have cool names don’t want others to have cuz they won’t be special anymore.

I am pretty happy with mine but I know some wanna change so why not.

Maybe do a mixture of plat and gold based name auction so everyone can have a chance?

Azerothraven
08-11-2019, 09:45 AM
-1 Again because of the plat-based system , it should be gold based too so its available for all and secondly people might be able to steal identities of old-famous banned players.

Haha not stealing if they bought it with gold/ plat. Either way if u are good friends with someone, u can tell if it’s them or not by sharing memory and convo flow.

Shredderjoe
08-11-2019, 10:03 AM
-1 these igns banned for a reason.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Azerothraven
08-11-2019, 10:23 AM
-1 these igns banned for a reason.

Igns aren’t the problems. The people behind them are and they are gone. Just like AL will be in few years time.

Shredderjoe
08-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Igns aren’t the problems. The people behind them are and they are gone. Just like AL will be in few years time.Well whatever sts decides, im hear for the ride [emoji14]

Spheresome
08-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Igns aren’t the problems. The people behind them are and they are gone. Just like AL will be in few years time.

A few years huh. That's optimistic

Willl
08-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Many people wants short igns that are gone..as justg suggested last year I think those igns could be like chests in auction all available for 100 plats or 1m gold and once you buy it and open chest the name will automatically replace your existing one.

To prevent illegal selling I think there are 3 possibilities:
-make those names on the accounts unchangeble/undeletable forever or,
-make ign selling legal, trough auction (possibility to turn your name into a chest) or,
-allow to buy only 1 of those chests per account.

To prevent a mess in arlor if those new people are scammers or illegal players, to make sure arlor is aware those igns are now new owners, sts could make a forum post with whole list of names will be released during this naming-event like a preview of the week...releasing all banned names..here is the list.

That s my opinion =)

slaaayerrr
08-11-2019, 10:49 AM

JustG already left sts, and AL/forum becomes better without him

VenomSet
08-11-2019, 12:36 PM
This is ridiculous. First come first serve, and btw Azerothraven, nobody forced you to name your character “Handsumlegend”
There are still plenty of short names to take, I created two character in last weeks and both have 4 letter names which were free.

Fyrce
08-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Names are mainly a player imagination issue. Whenever I want names, I always find short ones. Even just a few days ago. It is a lack of imagination issue.

revengee
08-11-2019, 12:49 PM
I want ign dom and revenge to rise from the grave :D

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Ipooponfifteens
08-11-2019, 02:06 PM
Instead of improving the game, people will open the same thread again. No wonder this community is thinking persimistic in some ways if you have a short name you have been lucky and if there are people who "hoard" names, this is no better way obtaining short names think about autoclick programs or something that makes it easy for certain people(cheaters) to get a name in a plat based auction. I have a short name myself, but i really don't feel special or anything, but okay, we live in a generation with lots of snowflakes.

Hopefully a developer will just cross this red and focus more on the recovery of PvP or other aspects of the game such as bugs, etc.

Azerothraven
08-11-2019, 07:19 PM
This is ridiculous. First come first serve, and btw Azerothraven, nobody forced you to name your character “Handsumlegend”
There are still plenty of short names to take, I created two character in last weeks and both have 4 letter names which were free.

What’s ur point? I came up with handsumlegend because I like it. Idc about length but there are people who does so why not let them have it?

Caielab
08-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Rbh I wouldn't really have a problem with it, I got a lot of good names myself and I dont really have a problem with Sts releasing perma-banned names, but I think the point you dont get is that you wont be able to buy it anyways, it will either be an incrementing system (1k -> 2k -> ... ) so whoever bids the most wins, which won't help you because good names will be bought by rich people, or a fix price system where you wont be able to buy a good name either since there are going to be bots that spam for good names.

I do agree tho that there has to be done something against the "name prices", we all know that there's a black market and afaik good names are being sold in a range from 20-100m, depending on whoever buys it.

I'd suggest a weekly contest, which lets people farm or create videos or whatever, like they did ot with jesters and journeyman(forgot the name, these brown-gold'ish heraldics).
This way there would be a fair chance for the best person to win the name.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

Teases
08-11-2019, 07:49 PM
I think a great way to reintroduce names back into AL would be like a purge, taking from Neopets (lol), they'll announce a banned account purge and names will be released at random times for players to try to get.

Caielab
08-11-2019, 08:12 PM
I think a great way to reintroduce names back into AL would be like a purge, taking from Neopets (lol), they'll announce a banned account purge and names will be released at random times for players to try to get.Bots will take them, dont really think this would work

Teases
08-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Bots will take them, dont really think this would work

I don't think bots can take /every/ single name thats reintroduced, and I would hope that if they do there would be safeguards in place.

Sometacoz
08-12-2019, 03:16 AM

Sorry sts this guy has become too arrogant to not care bout dev's feelings anymore. Ignore him

Iron.Emma
08-12-2019, 03:21 AM
What’s ur point? I came up with handsumlegend because I like it. Idc about length but there are people who does so why not let them have it?Well you are fighting people over this thread without any reason , seems like you are trying to get a personal favour if plat based ign system comes.

P.S- Who knows where all handsumlegend's gold comes from ^^

Azerothraven
08-12-2019, 03:39 AM
Well you are fighting people over this thread without any reason , seems like you are trying to get a personal favour if plat based ign system comes.

P.S- Who knows where all handsumlegend's gold comes from ^^

My only intention is giving player a choice if that choice makes them happy.

Don’t pretend to know me or how I make my gold thanks. Stick to OP.

Christmaztown
08-12-2019, 12:15 PM

What about this?
I'm kinda still waiting for it.

on one side it is really good because we can bring back old ign aswell as old lost gear as in leaderboard gear or even rare armor sets/banners/etc...
on the other side its really bad because old players who quit, the name had reputation with their ign's and new people could just spend alot of money on plat and buy the ign and then they could ruin the reputation of the old player possibly causing harm to others who trust the old ign.

its a good and bad idea at the same time. tbh i like it only because it brings back old gear but i wouldnt want this actually to happen due to the trust built up with igns.

Allset
08-12-2019, 12:31 PM
I think it would be nice if STS showed us a list of banned names that are free to take XD
I try every other day to get a cool name lol Although I already have one lol

Azerothraven
08-13-2019, 06:58 AM
I try every other day to get a cool name lol Although I already have one lol
Yea bro I think you are allset

swoutttt
08-13-2019, 08:32 AM
Asking plat (money) for an ign is against the TOS. Would be weird if Sts itself give the wrong example.
Just drop all the names ingame after an update and give the community a fair chance to obtain one or more igns :)

Agnes
08-13-2019, 11:08 AM
Asking plat (money) for an ign is against the TOS. Would be weird if Sts itself give the wrong example.
Just drop all the names ingame after an update and give the community a fair chance to obtain one or more igns :)Well, before al released we had an option to reserve al name for plat in star legends, that's how account bound names made :D

illumminati
08-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Hi

I would prefer if they made a list of banned IGNS and made them available as event rewards. Ursoth would be a good place to start.

Reward goes to the top 3 players of each class with a random selection process deciding who gets first pick and so on

Allset
08-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Names that are banned should be released in some fashion or another. Free or otherwise... It's not like STS can't do it because they can. The question is how do they want to do it?

illumminati
08-13-2019, 12:22 PM
Names that are banned should be released in some fashion or another. Free or otherwise... It's not like STS can't do it because they can. The question is how do they want to do it?

The biggest problem with releasing old IGNS is that most these people have been banned for bad reasons. Imagine getting the IGN of someone who was a Scammer or Very abusive or someone who booted every member of a previous guild? You may also get the backlash thats connected with it and be accused of things you did not do.

On the flip side you may get a scammer who scams then claims to be a “new owner” just to confuse others or cover his identity. I have had this happen to me previously as someone with a similar name to mine was a known scammer and got banned.

Disproof
08-13-2019, 01:01 PM
bad idea -1 from me

Allset
08-13-2019, 01:45 PM
This is just my 2 cents about the subject. With MMO where you can only use letters with names are especially valuable because you have only so many valuable combinations that you want. Names represents your char so even if “Omg or Abc” was a scammer I would want that name because you can see that before any style or vanity I have. Names in MMOs are valuable regardless of history...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Willl
08-13-2019, 02:49 PM
The biggest problem with releasing old IGNS is that most these people have been banned for bad reasons. Imagine getting the IGN of someone who was a Scammer or Very abusive or someone who booted every member of a previous guild? You may also get the backlash thats connected with it and be accused of things you did not do.

On the flip side you may get a scammer who scams then claims to be a “new owner” just to confuse others or cover his identity. I have had this happen to me previously as someone with a similar name to mine was a known scammer and got banned.

Even not releasing old igns there are always people who try scam saying "its me" and they just add 1 letter to the original player to fake people...I mean..just like trade window..igns..need be careful who to trust.

Maybe might be bit more cofusing..but this kind of scam still happen nowdays

illumminati
08-13-2019, 02:53 PM
This is just my 2 cents about the subject. With MMO where you can only use letters with names are especially valuable because you have only so many valuable combinations that you want. Names represents your char so even if “Omg or Abc” was a scammer I would want that name because you can see that before any style or vanity I have. Names in MMOs are valuable regardless of history...

Maybe in other MMOs names are valuable, but in AL names do not have value as u cant sell or trade them. Names may be desirable but they hold no value. Theres thousands of combination of names that are still available. I do not see what makes ABC more valuable than ABEDISHF. Both are worthless as u cant sell them

|Ares|
08-13-2019, 03:03 PM
What about the players that still play the game but their old accounts with the certain name got banned? I personally wouldn't like to see someone running around with my old name.

illumminati
08-13-2019, 03:15 PM
What about the players that still play the game but their old accounts with the certain name got banned? I personally wouldn't like to see someone running around with my old name.

Imagine someone who scammed u or destroyed your guild got banned and suddenly returned. Maybe the person behind it has changed but imagine seeing that persons IGN who hurt you everyday. Some things are best left forgotten

|Ares|
08-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Imagine someone who scammed u or destroyed your guild got banned and suddenly returned. Maybe the person behind it has changed but imagine seeing that persons IGN who hurt you everyday. Some things are best left forgotten

That's what I mean. Converting a name into a chest and then list on the auction house isn't bad idea.

Allset
08-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Maybe in other MMOs names are valuable, but in AL names do not have value as u cant sell or trade them. Names may be desirable but they hold no value. Theres thousands of combination of names that are still available. I do not see what makes ABC more valuable than ABEDISHF. Both are worthless as u cant sell them

ABC is the first three letters of the alphabet which is better than what you typed above imo. Names & phrase are worth money that’s why they can be copyrighted. Although it could get you banned in AL. STS actually owns the banned names in the game. Which means they could sell them or release them as they see fit. But I know they are actually pretty fair so they may just keep them banned because this thread is definitely on the -1 side with the community.

Dalmony
08-13-2019, 07:36 PM
+1 to NPC "Namingston" pops up in maps when u kill random mobs to offer u one random "rare" ign name for purchase for 5000 plat.

People can change IGN any time they want to hide/cover a trail anyway so... If people are willing to give money for these specific names then why not!

Some names can be sold for plat.... some names are priceless :3

:biggrin:

Crocodile
08-13-2019, 10:18 PM
I buy 'sts' ign for 1B.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tackled
08-13-2019, 11:06 PM
There is a story behind every ign. You will never be that person... be yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VenomSet
08-14-2019, 01:33 AM
Wow, you people must be proud for buying an IGN which was used to sell golds for real money or scamming.
Great reputation you will have!

Remiem
08-15-2019, 10:13 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback! This is definitely a polarizing idea and I totally get that. Ultimately, we decided not to move forward with this because of a lot of the reasons people mentioned. Confusion and drama from seeing banned names back in game, among other things. Of course, we'll let you guys know if this ever changes, but for now it's a no go and an opportunity to get super creative with your IGNs.