PDA

View Full Version : Winter Festival - Drop Rates?

Fac3bon3s
12-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Ok Facebones here. Back with another thread about the disappointing drop rates in the new Winter Festival map. And my concerns about the Winter Item pack.

I have run the Festival map more than 15 times now on several different level scales. Level 10-30-40. I haven't had a pink drop for me yet. But when some one lower than I joined a couple times they have received pink drops. What are others experiences with the drop mechanics? What level were you or the person who got a pink drop. Please only honest info.

Now my issue with the Festival item pack. I have purchased 3 now. And no reindeer. In the description it says either the snowman emblem or the reindeer pet. If I have already received the snowman emblem should that not make my next pack purchase include the reindeer pet? It doesn't say there is a chance at pet. It says one or the other. If I knew it would be a rare chance at the pet I would not have purchased 3 packs totalling 90 plat just so I could have 3 snowman emblems. I think the description should be more clear. Because your chances at getting the pet are quite a bit lower than the emblem and the description does not indicate this.

Over all I am pretty disappointed with the holiday content. As it is the holidays one would think there would be a more generous nature to the content. But to me it seems more like an added waste of plat. I had no problems with spending some plat on it at the beginning of the release. But as it continue's and my luck has not changed I feel the intentions were less than generous.

With the release of Voleria with it. And the fact that people would be spending a lot of plat to gain experience there I would of thought the Christmas content would be less of a plat pit than it is.

I don't know if my luck is just terrible or if this is the case for everyone. But I would likely have a different opinion if my luck with the Item pack and drop rate were better. I want to know if anyone else has had the luck I have or lack there of.

I guess after thinking about it for an amount of time my consensus is that anyone who has purchased multiple Christmas Packs should have received a Reindeer pet. What is the harm in at least doing that?

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 02:33 PM
1.) It is all about luck. It is a fairly decent drop rate, but considering you pay per instance, its pretty horrid. Levels really don't matter. The drops are absolutely random. Those people who got pink drops and were lower level were just luckier then you were. I have ran the map 25 times now (all tapjoy platinum) and I received one pink. My bad luck was I got the bad engineer elf shield that is worth like 2k in the cs. On the other hand, other players are experiencing extreme luck. Like getting Old Man Winter on 2 runs in a row (A cool 2m profit..)

The item pack is a gamble. You have a 50/50 chance of getting the reindeer. But as a lot of people are gambling 5-10 times before getting one, makes me think it is rigged...

STS made the holiday content more expensive because they say that they need some income, since they gave Valeria free (Even though tons are dropping tons on elixirs).

MeGaDuMb
12-19-2011, 02:34 PM
i got a reindeer immediately. I agree the checkout should look for what you don't have and give at by default...
the Christmas droppings are disappointing indeed.

BodMaster
12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
1. Having pretty good luck on the WF maps, but I have put alot! of plat into them too, i have had alot of pinks and 1 vanity (my first ever).

2. I bought 5 and no luck (at which I quit trying), some bought 10 no luck, other bout 1-3 and got it. Total luck, by the looks of it. (same as the cat pack, got my Chairman Meows after 1-2 tries, others 10-15 (not mentioning names) no Meows)

Rodvik
12-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I got my reindeer after 3 buys.

drewcapu
12-19-2011, 03:52 PM
0 for 7. LOL

And that's why I call them gambling packs.

I really wish they'd put those pets as dotd. It'd save people the hassle of spending 100s of plat only to have a ton of inventory killers.

Snakespeare
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Two buys, no reindeer, but that day R.I.V.E.T. went on sale for 250 so I stopped buying holiday packs and grabbed the DotD.

In 20 runs I got 2 pinks (level 40 nutcrackers, level 10 elf shield) and one vanity (smooch).

Fac3bon3s
12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Awesome. Great info everyone. I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one Ed Neezer has duped. As well as having others in a similar situation with the Christmas pack. Maybe I will try one more.

Post 500 ftw.

Thanks to your feedback I gathered the courage to purchase one more pack.