PDA

View Full Version : Important! SOPA please watch and take action!

PatsoeGamer
12-19-2011, 05:39 PM
This is real, SOPA has been passed.

If you live in the US, please take action

http://youtu.be/JhwuXNv8fJM

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Time to move to Canada.

Buubuuftw
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I dont understand. What does SOPA do anyways?

Zeus
12-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Time to move to Canada.

Meh, I'm going the France! :D

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Basically - The Federal Government gives corporations 100% power to censor as they see fit. If walmart doesn't like that youtube has videos of walmart employee's slacking off, walmart can take it as far as to trying to get youtube shut down. Just an example, but a very likely event that will be happening all over the internet.

Skeletonlord
12-19-2011, 05:48 PM

I think SOPA is a new law that has been passed in The US which blocks certain websites. Correct me if I'm wrong. For example YouTube may be blocked and you can't access it. This I think is being passed everywhere in the world.

Buubuuftw
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM

Basically - The Federal Government gives corporations 100% power to censor as they see fit. If walmart doesn't like that youtube has videos of walmart employee's slacking off, walmart can take it as far as to trying to get youtube shut down. Just an example, but a very likely event that will be happening all over the internet. *puts serious face on* Has this already gone into effect?

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
*puts serious face on* Has this already gone into effect?

Law has been passed. You won't see immediate effects, but plan on seeing major restrictions take place on websites like youtube, twitter, and facebook. Hell, even these forums will be effected. Copy righted content gets posted here all the time.

Example - SOPA gives a corperation full permission to prevent this from happening -

http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/mcdonalds1-537x402.jpg

5-10 years, pages like youtube could be shut down altogether.

WoundedEagle
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Law has been passed. You won't see immediate effects, but plan on seeing major restrictions take place on websites like youtube, twitter, and facebook. Hell, even these forums will be effected. Copy righted content gets posted here all the time.

Example - SOPA gives a corperation full permission to prevent this from happening -

http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/mcdonalds1-537x402.jpg

5-10 years, pages like youtube could be shut down altogether.

Yeah! Smart idea to post then.............................................. ..

Ivan Johnson
12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
I see this law lasting real long *sarcasm*

To my knowledge, as long as the party, for lack of a better word, posting the copyrighted content isnt using it for any finacial gain then no infringment is going on. Also I believe this goes against the constitution so im pretty sure the Supreme Court will be looking into this not long after their decision over whether or not Obama-care is legal.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I did just advertise for Mcdonalds, and I didn't make any financial profit :).

PatsoeGamer
12-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I think SOPA is a new law that has been passed in The US which blocks certain websites. Correct me if I'm wrong. For example YouTube may be blocked and you can't access it. This I think is being passed everywhere in the world.

It will affect us all, world wide, where global audiences use US websites like youtube, facebook, photobucket. Whole sites will be shut down. This is big.

Ayc2000
12-19-2011, 07:13 PM
wow...............what is the government trying to do? instead of focusing on these topics that aren't even that important,why don't they try doing things to relieve national debt, to lower the unemployment rate...if youtube or some other big site gets shut down, that's going to leave thousands unemployed...causing the economy to be FLOODED with people looking for jobs, so the outcome is unhappy and unemployed america. this is abuse of government and company power.
-.-

Otukura
12-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Meh, I'm going the France! :D

I wonder who convinced you to do that...

Growwle
12-19-2011, 08:05 PM
How does this not violate the constitution?

Ayc2000
12-19-2011, 08:07 PM
How does this not violate the constitution?
some of the laws now violate the constitution or violate previous laws XD