PDA

View Full Version : Solution to Boring Campaigns?

Epic Unicorns!
12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
We all complain that the new campaigns are boring. It isn't really the dev's fault. They have said at one point that the content has to be reused to be able to fit so much into a tiny mobile sized app. What if they made a PL two? After a certain level you would have to get the new application. That way, content could be new and less compressed! You would all be in the same server as well, and same towns as lower leveled players...but if you tried to switch from Fang to Forest Haven, you would have to switch applications. There could be an in-game way to switch flawlessly. It may be tricky to work with it but I think that it would be worth the trouble, because you could have beautiful new campaigns Like Voleria, and not have to reuse everything. SL will also eventually get to this point where nothing is new, so why not try to work with PL to try to implement this with SL too? Please offer any thoughts of feedback to this idea! Also, thank you to Pharacyde for helping me with this epiphany!

mackjack
12-19-2011, 10:07 PM
This would only work for the towns' and dungeons' models and textures, but doesn't solve the problem of gears that are equipped by the players.

For example:
PL1: for players levels 1 ~ 75
PL2: for players levels 76 ~ 150

PL1 and PL2 can have different textures, maps, mobs, bosses, all that. But what happens if a level 150 player enters Forest Haven (level 1 PL1 town), or a level 1 player enters Necropolis (level 150 PL2 town)? For PL1 to render a level 150 player with level 150 gear, and PL2 to render a level 1 player with level 1 gear, both PL1 and PL2 would need the same database containing all possible equipment models and textures.

Also, what's to prevent a level 150 player with level 150 gear from playing a level 1 dungeon? So both PL1 and PL2 will have to have the ability to render all possible gears and equipment, which means that you can't cut down the size of the database by much.

I like your thinking, but automatic transitioning between applications won't work unless there are some restrictions in place (e.g. level 76 and higher players enter PL1 towns and dungeons naked). But if you put these restrictions in place, you don't need separate games -- a single game with access to 2 distinct databases should work.

Epic Unicorns!
12-19-2011, 11:20 PM
I was thinking they could pretty much be the same thing but the onky difference would be accesible dungeons. For example, you are lv 100, and you are in the PL2, but to go somewhere like Forest Haven, It would be a new game. I think a good parallel would be having an SD card in your phone. You have two that have the same core applications and data, but with a few applications different. You have SD Card1 and you play PL on that one, but in order to play Angry Birds you have to switch to SD Card2.

Conradin
12-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Btw sts only plans to make it to lvl 100. So only 44 more lvls of gear. Anywas a dev would have to answer to this- i lobe the idea but dont know f it can be done.