PDA

View Full Version : Fabz Rules!!!

Padamax
07-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Well Guys if u think Fabz is awesome,tell everybody here!
Aswell im collecting pinks for fabz :-)
If you wanna donate,please tell me:-)
thx

Pinks Collected yet:
Jewel Thiefs Scarab Bow (45)

Violentsaint
07-20-2010, 08:12 AM
isnt he the money hungry leader of the merchants guild?

ill give my pinks to people that need them, not to people that need money....

Banned
07-20-2010, 09:34 AM
isnt he the money hungry leader of the merchants guild?

ill give my pinks to people that need them, not to people that need money....

Agreed. Probably one of the biggest rats in Alterra.

Just realized how dorky that sounds. :p

Nouda
07-20-2010, 10:00 AM
lets see here
give items to violent and they go to someone who needs em

give to fabz and he sells them for profit...

Royce
07-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I mean I like Fabz (he is very straighforward as a merchant, and doesn't mess around), but I really don't get this thread. It's like "hey everyone let's take up donations for Walmart" :confused:

Padamax
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
lol epic fail thread

flaimdude
07-20-2010, 12:10 PM
lol epic fail thread

Yes it is, cause it started out with a begging post. Those never go well. ;)

Sugar_Skull
07-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Fabz & Padamax gave me an idea. Now when I farm in AO2, I check the stats of others. If one of my pinks look as if they would help, I give it to them.

King Kamehameha
07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I second Fabz is the best

Jstizar
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Never met him, but with a name like Fabz, I probably wouldn't like him.

Zeus
07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Fabz is awesome. Great player and there is nothing wrong with being a merchant, I am and I still share my profits occasionally as gifts.

smokester
07-20-2010, 05:26 PM
i give pinks to ppl who i see as it would help them out, to violentsaint for the giveaway, and to friends... but not to somebody whos gonna sell them for profit... GET RID OF THE GREED YO!!! ENOUGH SAID LOL

Violentsaint
07-20-2010, 11:04 PM
i give pinks to ppl who i see as it would help them out, to violentsaint for the giveaway, and to friends... but not to somebody whos gonna sell them for profit... GET RID OF THE GREED YO!!! ENOUGH SAID LOL

FLAWLESS VICTORY VIOLENTSAINT WINS! (o^-^o)

King Kamehameha
07-20-2010, 11:44 PM
How do you get a level 100 "pally" anyway

Jstizar
07-21-2010, 01:24 AM
FLAWLESS VICTORY VIOLENTSAINT WINS! (o^-^o)

Animality?

How do you get a level 100 "pally" anyway

He didn't, but gratz for noticing.

For someone that is so rich...I don't think I have ever seen Fabz in game.

Nouda
07-21-2010, 07:50 AM
fabz is usually in towne and to get to level 100 you need to be less gullable and buy all of the map packs that comeout after ao3

KingFu
07-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Fabz is cool, but why should I give a merchantman gear, when others could use it more? I'm fine giving away items, I usually don't give away items worth more than 200K, but I have given away 2 VERY pricey items in the past week, V-saint is starting to take over my greed, and turning it into selflessness. Lol.

NeverBackDown
07-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Dude stop being haters guys.. its all about Business..

Fabz
07-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Lol Padamax dont make theese silly threads, wont turn the haters to lovers just the opposite.
Fyi, ive given away 200+ pinks and 500+ purps if not more, im a businessman but not a greedy person.
Why do people notice me? Why not ginodiao pr ginosnow as hes called, he walks round towne saying "if u have more money than me ill give u 50k". Have I ever done something like that? No.. I bought tons of low lvl pinks and purps and gave away. Enough Said, thanks for noticing me :)

BeardedBear
07-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Hey guys, let's remember, it's just a game, I think some people are taking this "get rid of the greed yo" business waaaay too serious. Let's be honest, the only reason people give away items is because they farm the crap out of them and have tons that we can't sell, or just have plenty of money, myself included.

To call someone greedy, and for someone to even care that they are being called greedy, is just silly.

KingFu
07-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Lol Padamax dont make theese silly threads, wont turn the haters to lovers just the opposite.
Fyi, ive given away 200+ pinks and 500+ purps if not more, im a businessman but not a greedy person.
Why do people notice me? Why not ginodiao pr ginosnow as hes called, he walks round towne saying "if u have more money than me ill give u 50k". Have I ever done something like that? No.. I bought tons of low lvl pinks and purps and gave away. Enough Said, thanks for noticing me :)

LMAO, true, but how much gold does Gino have?

Violentsaint
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
i currently have 240 pinks, magority of them donated, and regardless of that i am accualy pretty poor, i dont even have 100k. nothing i do is for personal gain or profit.

ive never bought or sold a pink, i have around 80k gold just from farming and liquitating the junk items.

and i have nothing against people that sell items, unless they charge rediculous amounts for them.

accualy.. if the market value of somthing is a rediculous price (say anything more than 100k), and people say "im not greedy, its just supply and demand"

that bugs me...

KingFu
07-21-2010, 09:24 AM
i currently have 240 pinks, magority of them donated, and regardless of that i am accualy pretty poor, i dont even have 100k. nothing i do is for personal gain or profit.

ive never bought or sold a pink, i have around 80k gold just from farming and liquitating the junk items.

and i have nothing against people that sell items, unless they charge rediculous amounts for them.

accualy.. if the market value of somthing is a rediculous price (say anything more than 100k), and people say "im not greedy, its just supply and demand"

that bugs me...

The only supply and demand items in the game are PL shields, and some of the gear that no longer drops.

Violent is super generous, and in my opinion deserves some more than a Thoth Plasma, 80K seems decent on gold, but you want any? Or are you not taking donations? Lol

smokester
07-21-2010, 09:38 AM
yes like vio said the greed is the fact that items were selling at one million gold or even more which is ridiculous... when the economy was booming in the ancient swamp days not even the rarest pink which was the dreamers witch toad tiara was selling more than 250-300k... the greed is apparent here as ppl are charging ridiculous amounts of gold for items... yes business is business but some ppl are taking it too far... show some human generosity/courtesy but then again these greedy ppl aren't gonna change their ways which saddens me :(

FluffNStuff
07-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Greed begets greed. If someone were to give me a thoth talon or a Galzyx Staff I would love to give away all the pinks I am not using. But since not everyone has someone handing them legendary items, we got to sell our junk to earn enough the old fashioned way.

KingFu
07-21-2010, 10:53 AM
yes like vio said the greed is the fact that items were selling at one million gold or even more which is ridiculous... when the economy was booming in the ancient swamp days not even the rarest pink which was the dreamers witch toad tiara was selling more than 250-300k... the greed is apparent here as ppl are charging ridiculous amounts of gold for items... yes business is business but some ppl are taking it too far... show some human generosity/courtesy but then again these greedy ppl aren't gonna change their ways which saddens me :(

I'm gonna e honest and say if I had a one of a kind tradable, beastly, item, I would sell it for a lot, but no purpose in charging a lot when you can just farm another, that's why I take offers... XD

Greed begets greed. If someone were to give me a thoth talon or a Galzyx Staff I would love to give away all the pinks I am not using. But since not everyone has someone handing them legendary items, we got to sell our junk to earn enough the old fashioned way.

I would give ou one but I have many, many people in that line for me...

Thelonearcher
07-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I've given out 2 mil ...... Befor gold was tradable I bought ursan warlord armor and gave it away 2
million worth if anyone had forgotten.....

Banned
07-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I've given out 2 mil ...... Befor gold was tradable I bought ursan warlord armor and gave it away 2
million worth if anyone had forgotten.....

1) I don't believe anyone mentioned you, so why try to put yourself in the spotlight?

2) I personally think you were just doing all that to get rid of your rep as a troll.

Lawlessomega
07-21-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't know fabz personally but I've talked to him and he seems nice. As for the whole greed thing I like to give away my pinks and purps even though I'm comletely broke most of the time. If I have no need of an item it's yours if you use it and your kind and polite. I think the most I've ever had gold wise is around 10k I'm always giving it away to help others or pay mages that constantly heal me. Lol I'm not trying to make myself sound like a saint or anything it's just how I play and enjoy this game. I'm an epic fail at selling so that's another reason why I give my stuff away. If you see me on ask me and chances are I'll give you stuff or money. Thank you to all my friends out there who invite me and deal with my strange humor.

Beckon
07-22-2010, 07:30 AM
I find it interesting that Fabz is taking heat from people who aspire to be more noble by giving away their pink items rather than selling them. How noble is it to take every opportunity to flame him in the forums? If you want to be a nice guy and give away your pinks that's great. In fact, I need a lvl 45 Khafra Helm or Cloth of Thoth if anybody wants to send one my way. But I think it is more Violent than Saintly to attack Fabz for what he chooses to do in the game. He was fair and courteous when I sold him a few pinks he was looking for. If he tried to rip me off I might complain but why be mad at him just for organizing merchants and selling items to people that want them? Without some of the people in his guild I probably wouldn't have some of the items my characters are using right now.

I've got almost 100 pinks, level 30-45, all character types. I'm getting tired of looking at them filling up my inventory slots so if the merchants want to buy them I'll sell a bunch of them wholesale. If I spot someone in game that looks like they need an equipment boost I'll give them something that will help. But I spent a ton of time farming to get my Desert Dagger of Horus, so I'm looking for a serious buyer for that.

Royce
07-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I find it interesting that Fabz is taking heat from people who aspire to be more noble by giving away their pink items rather than selling them. How noble is it to take every opportunity to flame him in the forums? If you want to be a nice guy and give away your pinks that's great. In fact, I need a lvl 45 Khafra Helm or Cloth of Thoth if anybody wants to send one my way. But I think it is more Violent than Saintly to attack Fabz for what he chooses to do in the game. He was fair and courteous when I sold him a few pinks he was looking for. If he tried to rip me off I might complain but why be mad at him just for organizing merchants and selling items to people that want them? Without some of the people in his guild I probably wouldn't have some of the items my characters are using right now.

I've got almost 100 pinks, level 30-45, all character types. I'm getting tired of looking at them filling up my inventory slots so if the merchants want to buy them I'll sell a bunch of them wholesale. If I spot someone in game that looks like they need an equipment boost I'll give them something that will help. But I spent a ton of time farming to get my Desert Dagger of Horus, so I'm looking for a serious buyer for that.

No one is flaming Fabz. There are more posts saying he is a decent guy than otherwise here. The flaming in this thread has more to do with Padamax's OP concerning donating items to a merchant (obviously ridiculous), and the messed up economy in general (which no one blames Fabz for ;) ). And good luck with your dagger. I have no idea why, but nobody at all is buying them.

Beckon
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Fabz has his supporters and his detractors, obviously. I wasn't trying to be specific to this thread with my post. I just wanted to point out that in general the people I've seen on the forums that post negative things about Fabz are at the same time trying to portray themselves and their way of doing things as positive. Maybe I'm the only one that sees a contradiction there. But Fabz was called "the biggest rat in Alterra" and greedy in this thread, both of which are just as ridiculous as Padamax's OP... ok, maybe not quite that ridiculous.