PDA

View Full Version : Returning player/worth the come back

Littlegold
08-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Hey my fellow Arcane legends players! Most of you prob don’t know me but I’ve been playing AL for some time since 2015 but in and out lately. Afew months ago I decided that I wasn’t going to play this game anymore and gave away everything I had. Now I see what I did was most likely bad, considering that fact that I have that AL fever again lol.

Anyway my question is this, is it worth coming back, and technically starting from the beginning?

Best, LG

Stephencobear
08-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Is the grind gonna be fun? If you have experience you have an idea what to expect.
I did the first couple caps here, then gave away all and went back to pl until 56 to start over.
It took forever and a lot of events until I got up.

Is the challenge of coming back seem more of a bummer, rather than a challenge that you can do, when you think of it?

Ckash
08-19-2019, 01:43 AM
Just come back, play as you go. Once you played AL its hard to forget, because it entertained you. Been here since the start of AL here and there. Always have a spot in life for AL, even if for just 20mins.

Yes, play again.

Browdy666
08-19-2019, 07:09 AM
Yes, play again. Soon expansion with cool things besides lvl 76 cap mmmm ;)

VenomSet
08-19-2019, 07:18 AM
Yes, play again. Soon expansion with cool things besides lvl 76 cap mmmm ;)

Its not soon, cinco and futumsh actually said that.

Deeus
08-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Yes, play again ;)

Vvildfire
08-23-2019, 02:01 PM
I came back from roughly 2017, the user interface has become leaps better and it's the change I love the most:
>The items now stack in the inventory, each stack only counts as 1 inventory slot;
>You can buy/sell il bulk in the auction;
>You can move entire stacks (or # amount) to/from stash;
>The notifications that appear on screen (jewel farming*, kill 200 mobs quest) no longer lag behind and don't endlessly clutter the screen long after you're done;
>The crafting interface has been improved to minimize scrolling, since a lot of craft able items have been added.

*(Jewels replace gems and go from +1 to +9 stat; there are also health, mana, armor, damage and crit jewels.)

Other gameplay changes that might excite you:
>There are more minor events;
>There are now skill masteries that improve them (not just buffing damage), and ultimates that cost 10 skill points each;
>There are hotbar slots on the screen for super quick loadout and pet swapping (or chest/elixir opening) without accessing the inventory;
>There are gear sets: if you wear all or a # amount of pieces you gain a buff (some are restricted to one expansion);
>There are Haste sets that give you 200% movement speed, they're really useful and I can't live without it now that I've had a taste;
>Your gear can be "awakened" to give you additional buffs (+% stats, armor, movement speed, boss damage, etc.). This is really important if you're an avid pvp player or leaderboard runner, otherwise it's great for pve;
>There's a yearly, energy-free event where you can farm almost any egg in the game, from common to arcane;
>Leveling for the first ~50 levels is quite easy, since story quests give insane amounts of experience.

Things that might turn you away;
>Leveling gets really tedious at higher levels (100k points per level for the latest cap). However, several daily quests now give exp ranging from 150 to 1,750 depending on the expansion; they can give you 30+k exp in one day. You can get free 50% elixirs by watching a 30 second ad. A player told me they stack with 60% and elite runner elixirs for 60k exp/day, but I haven't tried it.
>Energy essences and crafted energy kits are deleted at the end of each event, no more hoarding them.
>Awakenings made low level twinks really hard to kill, because of ridiculously high armor.

Badzauberer
08-24-2019, 06:16 AM
ill come back just for friends. the content of the game are almost the same every year. i dont pve because its boring.

mod
08-25-2019, 03:17 AM
The game is garbage unless you have some nostalgia towards it.