PDA

View Full Version : Offline Playing

Lebowski
07-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Hello! I play PL on my iPod and there are times where I am not in any kind of WiFi range. I am suggesting a possible offline mode for playing like single player campaigns or maps. Thanks for reading.

FluffNStuff
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
To allow offline playing would mean there are characters not stored server side. This opens up the game to a whole host of hacks. Very Dangerous.

Arjun
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah yeah. . . sounds like a plan. With loots. Lots and lotts of loots. Tho I got a feelin that many of the 'purists' are going to scream havoc and let slips the dogs of war at even the slightest hint of any such idea. . .It's an ON-LINE MMM thingie .. . is what they is going to say.

I know cause I axed Paul and he said they wont like it.. . the suggestion of an Off-Line mode. . . But I do. . .

flaimdude
07-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Hello! I play PL on my iPod and there are times where I am not in any kind of WiFi range. I am suggesting a possible offline mode for playing like single player campaigns or maps. Thanks for reading.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Only if the offline modes were downloadable, completely separate from the online game, and your offline character couldn't access the online server. But even then, I still don't like it, just because it opens up security flaws.

Snakespeare
07-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I suspect the DB is too big to upload/download, or possibly too complex for mySQL? Seems like an awful lot of data.

Arjun
07-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Uh-oh. . . .Didnt consider all the technical mumbo-jumbo involved in it at all.

Mr2hitk0
07-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Hope they do this.. I'm going to be having fun if your stuff gets tranferred into online ;) You know those lvl 1's with all the best weapons in imob? that's me..

Elffy
07-22-2010, 01:19 AM
I play on 3G at work all the time.

v5point0
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah it would be complicated and am not sure if it is even technically possible but it would be great if you can. More like google's offline mode but really am comparing apples and oranges; email to an mmo? I don't think so.