PDA

View Full Version : PvP Spectator Idea

Buffedbear Pl
12-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I was thinking...while I was PvPing...wouldn't it be awesome to have people cheering you on and watching you fight? If there were 3 extra "spectator" slots in a PvP game, 3 slots per team, these 6 people wouldn't be in the game, but they can still watch the action and chat. I think it would be helpful in a tournament too, you could have a spectator who acted as a ref. Just a little idea I thought of, feel free to post your questions/comments. May edit if I think of anything else...

NotYoCookiez
12-20-2011, 01:41 PM
I was just going to write a post similar to this lol !

I'm new to PVP so I want to just watch people fight so I can learn what to do and what not to do :D

Almost cheering them on would be a great idea to make PVP fights more fun!

PatsoeGamer
12-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Its a great idea! Its been suggested before on an even larger scale I think.. I'd like this too :) Like Gladiatorial combat, and the mob all watching on lol I dont think this is gonna happen in the near future because of the limitation of players in one game. But I do believe there's a pvp channel on youtube where fights are recorded between large players so they can be viewed... It'll happen even more now as you can play PL on chrome, so its easier to record, and better quality recording

Buffedbear Pl
12-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Its a great idea! Its been suggested before on an even larger scale I think.. I'd like this too :) Like Gladiatorial combat, and the mob all watching on lol I dont think this is gonna happen in the near future because of the limitation of players in one game. But I do believe there's a pvp channel on youtube where fights are recorded between large players so they can be viewed... It'll happen even more now as you can play PL on chrome, so its easier to record, and better quality recording

Oh ok. Are there any threads you can point me to where this has been discussed? I would like to see what other people think about this and where this is going.

Zolum
12-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Sounds great. I know some games that do this and it is so fun to watch fights. I think this is a great idea!!! I look forward to this being accepted.

Mystery Man
12-31-2011, 10:40 PM
I like it as well. Sunds pretty fun. I have never heard of this sort of thing being done. I would like to see it go on the game.

Jugernugett
12-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Great idea. Never thought of that:D

Cahaun
01-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Yea I first started the idea in my thread. PvP Beta Suggestions (something like that). One of the devs (Thade I think) said they are looking into it. I'll get the quote.

Cahaun
01-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys, just wanted to let you know I'm reading these and have new fixes / features in the works.

I won't be adding gambling to Star Legends. It simply doesn't lend it's self to the kind of game play we wish to foster or give us the kind of attention we want.
Here you go. This was Thade's post.

Zolum
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Do you guys think that the game will accept this idea about spectating. I would like to see this put on both games. Maybe the players can even bet coins on players in the pvp game. If the player that was chosen wins, the person who placed the bet gets double money in return. If the player that was bet on loses, then the host of the game gets the coins. This will help circulate coins in the game and will also put some more excitement into pvp matches. But some matches may be faked so that the better will win tons of money. For example, an unfair match is set up on purpose. One side does not even fight. Making a certain player on the other team win the match. Then the better wins double his money. Maybe there is a way that someone can ref the game. Then scandals won't happen.

Nick41324
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
I really like the betting idea, but with lag as terrible as it is in pvp, it would be near impossible to have all buff/skills going without there being any lag with more than 5-10 people in the lobby.

Zolum
01-02-2012, 04:29 AM
makes sense. Maybe spacetime can update the game so that lag is not as commen. I bet they could, if they wanted to anyways.

MightyMicah
01-07-2012, 10:57 AM
I really like this! It would help so much when learning a new build!

Cahaun
01-07-2012, 11:12 AM
And right after the post in which Thade says "No gambling", people think of how to put gambling in.

XghostzX
01-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Seems kind of a cool idea. Like if there's some epic fight going, players could spectate. But not too many or that would override the game.

superme
01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
That would be really awesome because sometimes I just want to watch people fight.

Buffedbear Pl
01-07-2012, 09:05 PM
And right after the post in which Thade says "No gambling", people think of how to put gambling in.

It doesn't hurt to dream about it ;)

Anways thanks guys for the feedback I really hope STS implements this somehow. Maybe with the new 1v1 maps? 1 fighter per team with 2 spectators? Ahhhh so many ideas! :hororr: