PDA

View Full Version : Engineer's Commandments

Lazaras
12-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Because I like the Commando thread yet feel more than ten will find their way here.

1: Thou shalt Heal and Revive, for it is thine primary function. Yes you can cast Area of Effect spells, but you are the primary group healer and the ONLY way to revive downed members in a run outside of platinum spending.

2: Thou shalt let the commando go ahead of you into the swarms of enemies. Thine armor is superior to an Operator's, but not by enough that you can tank.

3: Thou shalt carry lots of mana potions. Thine skills are paramount to keeping a group moving through hordes of pirates/Cultists/Bugs/Aliens. Without your skills thou art simply a poor man's commando, a /very/ poor man's commando at that.

morfic
12-20-2011, 02:40 PM
1: Thou shalt Heal and Revive, for it is thine primary function. Yes you can cast Area of Effect spells, but you are the primary group healer and the ONLY way to revive downed members in a run outside of platinum spending.

They are on their own. I discarded revive in favor of better skills for PvP.

STRIKE ME DOWN STS GODS WHO HATH MADE THESE COMMANDMENTS!

Lazaras
12-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Mine so far only take into account PvE or group PVP. Solo Pvp.. well.. you're on your own.

Killerade
12-20-2011, 02:57 PM
thou shall not rush into Vol 4 in front of the group go in the middle of a mob, cast transference, watch the mob devour you coz u attracted their attention then turns into the rest of the group...kills the group while you cry "rezz me" lying on the floor knowingly yur the only engineer in the party.

Chabone
12-20-2011, 03:32 PM
amen

Chabone
12-20-2011, 03:33 PM
#4 Thou shall not die in a group of com and op

serprus
12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
#5 Thou shall yell at coms or ops if they are following you just because you are a higher level and then when you stop to let them go ahead...they stop

Fac3bon3s
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Instead of hating on engys why not create one so it is no longer an issue?

LelouchX
12-20-2011, 04:20 PM
2: Thou shalt let the commando go ahead of you into the swarms of enemies. Thine armor is superior to an Operator's, but not by enough that you can tank.

Want a list of names of people that have watched me prove this false? i hate playing com so i tank on my engi. when newt joins a run, there is always a healer and a tank, even if there are 4 ops there. Sure, if there is a com that can out aggro me, then they can tank.

Lazaras
12-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Oh I'm not talking about people who know enough of the ins and outs to make the tricky bits like tanking with the crappiest armor in the game work. I'm talking about your average folk/newbies.

BodMaster
12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
#5 Thou shall yell at coms or ops if they are following you just because you are a higher level and then when you stop to let them go ahead...they stop

That makes me laugh so much! Its like your the com do your job :O

LelouchX
12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh I'm not talking about people who know enough of the ins and outs to make the tricky bits like tanking with the crappiest armor in the game work. I'm talking about your average folk/newbies.
haha, i see what you mean. although i still think it is better if you get rid of rule #2. it's entertaining to watch noobs rush mobs themselves and die. i need that laugh every once in a while.

#4 Thou shall not die in a group of com and op
i suggest adding to this "but if you do, plat rez yourself so you can do your job and heal/rez others

Dazamo
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Thou shalt not leave the group to rez a member who ran off on their own and got killed. Unless the group agrees to wait for your return.

Chabone
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
How about if he trips a mine or have bad lag

Dazamo
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
How about if he trips a mine or have bad lag

Then he did not run off in his own, did he?

Commanderkeen
12-20-2011, 06:37 PM
thou shall not rush into Vol 4 in front of the group go in the middle of a mob, cast transference, watch the mob devour you coz u attracted their attention then turns into the rest of the group...kills the group while you cry "rezz me" lying on the floor knowingly yur the only engineer in the party.
Lol ain't that the truth just because u have a shield does not make u a commando engis

Lazaras
12-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Do not blow all your mana in a single rush of 'spam everything in your spell slots so you'll have no mana for continued heals'. This goes triple if you're out of mana potions.

FYI. I'm an Engineer.

BodMaster
12-20-2011, 06:58 PM
In the words of Thren:

"When in doubt spam healz and get out" xD

Fac3bon3s
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
To be fair engys mana and mana regen was nerfed pretty hard in the new content release. So as I use an engy with my main. Have patience with us. We do what we can. We are the only class that really needs to pay attention to what others in the group are doing. Everyone else can tank and spank.

Garvhoz
12-20-2011, 08:10 PM

That makes me laugh so much! Its like your the com do your job :O

Yes its so freaking hilariouse when they stop I go ahead of the highest lv and then I stop, cause I like showing my commando dominance:D just kidding I still keep on going

Slant
12-21-2011, 03:06 AM
engie is the trickiest

stay alive
watch the tanks health - if the op rushes, wait to rev

some people play at a slower pace though, using as little mana as possible, with a tank like this you need loads of patience one think that works is to keep the mando between the enemy mob and yourself, this way it forces them to tank, especially if you are a higher level and easily get the aggro

flashbackflip
12-21-2011, 04:49 AM
To be fair engys mana and mana regen was nerfed pretty hard in the new content release. So as I use an engy with my main. Have patience with us. We do what we can. We are the only class that really needs to pay attention to what others in the group are doing. Everyone else can tank and spank.

We all respect you, engies for your true involvment and tricky ways to rev us, ops even if we r behind enemy lines))

If i may add a point:

Thou shall heal skillfully so others don't even notice being injured

i've ran with such masters and wish all could do that

LelouchX
12-21-2011, 10:30 AM
We all respect you, engies for your true involvment and tricky ways to rev us, ops even if we r behind enemy lines))

If i may add a point:

Thou shall heal skillfully so others don't even notice being injured

i've ran with such masters and wish all could do that
i've never had anyone complain if i don't rez them right away. i try to get heal going on whole group but if the only engi, its hard and not my fault if i heal, the op rushes sniper, and i'm concentrating on keeping the heal up on the tank so that we can all stay alive. if i'm not the only engi, i tend to try to keep the rusher healed bc i'm an agressive engi to begin with and like to rush myself, and the other engi always seems to stay with the rest of the group so it works out well. i think people need to realize too that good engis will use their rez for buff every minute (try to keep it up on whole group constantly - i forgot who said it, but we need this mana regen), and if someone dies the instant they rush a group, chances are i'm in cool down bc i will use it to buff right before the first mob.

Cahaun
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I've done that heal so they don't notice before. I ran the ruins as an engie with a full group of ops and still defeated the guardian. I like refering to this accomplishment. :)

LelouchX
12-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I've done that heal so they don't notice before. I ran the ruins as an engie with a full group of ops and still defeated the guardian. I like refering to this accomplishment. :)
my first attempt tanking SY5 on newt was with 4 ops, group stayed wit me for over an hour farming. thats my only accomplishment to brag about.

Liathea
12-21-2011, 07:27 PM
if the op rushes, wait to rev

I resent this. I can keep myself alive while rushing just fine. :P

Lazaras
12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
My biggest Engie claim to fame was doing a MF run as the only Engie in the group and us not getting wiped any.

SpaceCowGirl
12-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm getting pretty tired of "new" players who pick Engineer class and heal only themselves when only their health goes down.

I'm also getting tired of asking, " [IGN], Can you please heal us? Thank you very much!<3".

I'm disturbed @ the amount of players who rudely tell you after asking nicely for a single heal, "You have stims don't you?". Yes, I have stims. But if I have 2 engineers in the game I don’t know why my finger is constantly on my health stim.... --_--'

I play all three classes, If my group doesn't have an Engineer i switch out my Op for my Engi and spam my own Mana stims to try and keep my group alive... and if i see a player get lurched out and go flying... *weeeEeeeeee*... I try and spam empathy on the group then leave and cast transference near 'em. If I see the group struggling in a mob, I suppress so we can regroup. I’m not the greatest Engi cause I chat 2 much or get distracted and stop and miss or go mia*blush*. But for most part… I do that with a group i know can handle their own. I heal and buff. I also always try offer and ask the Engi in group if they have enough Mana Stims if I see their mana drop from awesome heals and usually spot ‘em freebies for keeping us alive. What goes around, comes around.

Some players are just selfish.

Team game. I don't know why I have to ask you to look out for us, thus why I stick to a small friends list and don't join random games that often. I run with same like 10 people usually, lol. I just get way 2 annoyed if I have to ask more than 3 times nicely to heal the group. I mean, I try to help lower level sometimes when a random player asks, and I have plenty of stims to keep myself alive, but when I see all the other players around me dying as an Op and u r just standing there... it gets my blood boiling and I will end up bailing the run. There are 3 classes, if you don't like healing your teammates. Pick a different class. [End rant].

mmm.. yesh, i'm bored. lol

Garvhoz
12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
^
I have had that a few times before it would be 2ops and 2comm and we would all go and defend the only engineer cause we thought he would heal in return for our defending him and once I notice he/she isn't healing I just let him/her run off on their own. I dispise all engineers that cant/dont know how to/wont heal. If your going to be a engineer max out empathy before anything else and use it