PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Jangle's Personal Feedback/Suggestion on PvP Beta

ProSophist
12-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Since Flip has mentioned that they would like the community's input about the current PvP system, I decided to make my own personal feedback regarding the new Star Legends PvP System.

First off, I would like to thank and applaud the Devs for finally giving us PvP.
The current system is amazing considering that it is still in beta stage.
However, it definitely needs A LOT of work.

With this being said, here is my list of what needs to be worked on:

GENERAL

Knockdown/Stun skills should STOP all attacks
As most of you know, being stunned still allows you to use auto-attack and being knocked down still allows you to both auto-attack AND use skills.
Suffice it to say that the community would definitely love if all stun/knockdown skills actually stops their opponent from attacking. Afterall, in PvP games, that is what those skills are for.

Known issue(s): Players can auto-attack while under Suppression. Players can auto-attack and use skills while knocked via Neuron Stomp, Singularity, and Lurch.

Map Variation
The new map are great, but it gets old too fast, especially if someone PvPs a lot. I would love to see a variety of PvP maps based on the campaign maps, just like in PL.
PL boasts maps inspired by AO3, Balefort, Forest Haven, etc.
I think I speak for the whole community when I say that we would all be ecstatic to see a PvP map that resembles any of the campaign maps.

CLASSES

Commando

The Gravity Well Issue
The other day, Flip said in game that "some skills work differently in PvP." Whether the missing pull effect from GW was intentional or not, it DEFINITELY has to be implemented in game. Just like in PL, it was crucial for Bears to get close to other classes with the use of Beckon. It is similar with Commandos. Neuron Stomp is realistically the only trap skill the Commandos have which only has a 6m range. If Commandos can't get close, a good Operative or even an Engineer can easily pin down or kite a Commando to death. There were several times that I had to rely on luck just to get close on my opponent.

Other known bug(s): Nebula not dealing damage in PvP.

Operatives

Great as it is!
Out of the 3 classes, so far Operatives are the most balanced and the alpha-dog in PvP(My personal opinion). They deal MASSIVE amount of damage, but not to the point that it is ridiculously overpowered. As a Commando, I've had my fair share of troubles when it comes to fighting then in PvP, but I have no complains about them. I think once Engineers gets their much needed buff, they would at least have a chance of fighting the good Operative players.

Overall, I like how Operatives scale in PvP.

Other known bug(s): None at the moment. Please feel free to point them out if you know any that exists.

Engineers

Mediocre survivability/damage
Engineers got the short end of the stick with the PvP addition. Their survivability and healing are mediocre at best, and their damage capabilities are worse than Coms and Ops. Obviously, they should not be as good as Operatives in terms of damage, or as good Coms in terms of survivability, but the class definitely needs a minor revamp.

Here are a couple of suggestions that may fix this problem:
1. Make instant heals(similar to PL) OR increase the amount of heal per tick in PvP.
2. Add a minor increase of damage done by DoTs, and/or speed up the time of its damage.
3. Transference needs to work properly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there ya have it STS! This is my personal input in regards to the current PvP system.
I will update this whenever I get an epiphany or if I remember something worth mentioning.
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give you guys an 8.5/10.
Thank you for taking the time in reading this and hopefully, we would all see some improvement soon! :)

Draopwnzall
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I like your punctuation. :D!

Ebalere
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Good feedback Pro, I agree on all points. One minor thing, gravitron Slam is also a "trap skill" and you mentioned com's only have neutron stomp. I highly agree that commandos need grav well to work, even though it will only make you more unstoppable.

Personally though, I think coms would be a little too powerful if they had gravity well, gravitron slam, nebula, and neutron stomp. Between those 4 skills and opposing fighter wouldn't be able to move, ever, and if they could, they'd be slowed and getting stomped. To fix nebula and gravity well, I feel they'd have to nerf something else, or commandos would become quite overpowered, since a good commando can still whip a good operative the way things are now.

Engineers are only slightly underpowered, if all skills worked like theyre supposed to (suppresion, transference), and a slight boost on DoT power, a skilled Engi should be able to take down the other classes. I know some of the more skilled engis have given me a run for my money with suppresion and then decay & pain, while kiting and healing. I say don't boost the heals toooo much. Maybe 10 more health per tick, with the first tick happening as soon as you press the skill.

Leave the ops how they are, maybe decrease the cooldown on blur by 2-3 seconds.

Let's hope they're saving the last skills for pvp balance as well. Com's could use a dodge boost, ops could use a debuff maybe or something, and engi's could use a crit buff similar to amplify pain.

Hope my feedback was constructive. Grats on the tourney win brother!

Killerade
12-20-2011, 03:26 PM
As an OP i thought Comms are alpha dogs! Nice dodge, amazing hp, amazing regen rate, amazing armor. Everytime i fight them my mentality is if I don't miss, they dodge it. If they didn't dodge it they are the armor to lessen it. Furthermore, to compliment the armor is their HP and healing skills. I mean you can beat them but i have to use all the tricks up in my sleeve and keep a cool head or else im dead.

Engineers is a class to be reckoned with once they are fixed. Morfy does an excellent job with his engineer considering that they do have the short end of the stick. Btw i think transference still heals the enemy.

I agree with the map variation. 1v1 needs more....stuff in it like give us a chance to use the environment around us just like 3v3.

Hullukko
12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Btw i think transference still heals the enemy.

Yes. Thade said somewhere it needs a client update and thus won't be fixed until January unless something critical shows up.

morfic
12-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Awesome feedback Pro!

Commando:
The tank class. These guys should have tons of defense and take a while to kill. All the while taunting and turning auto-attacks to them, and pulling all enemies to them while using CC. However, the damage should not be the best.

Operator:
Damage class. These guys should be able to dish out a ton of damage, and have a high dodge, but be squishy. A glass cannon if you will. Their main goal is to dip in, open a can... and dip out.

Engineer:
The healing class. These guys should be squishy, but with healing powers and support buffs out the wazoo. Our damage should be crap beyond crap, but our survivability and asset to the team unparalleled.

-----------------------------------

I am not too sure if mando's should have better survivability than Engineers.. I agree they should have tons of defense and hitpoints and take a while to kill, but I not sure if they should have higher survivability. In my opinion, Commando's should have decent damage and take a while to kill, and Engineers should have crappy damage and take forever to kill. Good strategy should be required to take down an Engineer, and the Engineer should have to wear his opponents down. We are healers, surviving and healing is what we do...not damage. Let us survive and whittle the opponent slowly over time.

------------------------------------------

Current Problems That Need Addressing:

1) Stuns and knockbacks still allow attacks. I kind of like this aspect. It makes it essential to use stuns and range. More strategy = more fun. However, I would not be opposed to my suppression and pain being more worthwhile.

2) Engineers suck at PvP. To be honest, Engineers are not too bad. The ONLY issue with them, that allows everyone to stomp them into the ground, is not quiiieeeete enough healing. I dare say that when they fix Transference, you will see an influx of Engineers that seem impossible to beat. A majority of my fights end up a close one. If I had a nice fast instant heal AND extra damage like Trans...well then, I would be satisfied I think. Or if the heals on Empathy/Leech were scaled back up. That would do it as well.

3) Gravity Well does not work. This is a big issue for Mandos. Tanking and being up close and personal with them is what they do. It is my opinion that it needs to work correctly, but maybe their damage needs to be scaled down a bit (don't lynch me). Even if they are given more defense in lieu of damage, they are meant to tank, not curb-stomp. Regardless, they need their ability to pull people to them.

4) OP's can't do enough damage. ... Nahhhhhhh Just kiddin' ;) They are fine.