PDA

View Full Version : whatS happening?!?!!!?!!

DanielRH
12-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Goddd.... THAT WAS THE LAST ITEM I HAD THAT HAD NOT BEEN SOLD OFF TO PEOPLE FOR PLAT :'( :'( :'(

FOR I MISLY 45 PLAT..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DARN DEAL OF THE DAY, CANT BELIEVE IT...... THE SNOWMAN HELMET.. is on the deal of the day. :'( :'(

SRY DEVS, THIS IS A RANT, please excuse me. I AM AT THIS MOMENT, VERY SAD.

Buubuuftw
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Ummmm...what?

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 07:12 PM
If it makes you feel any better... Me and a ton of my friends aren't going to buy it.

Ummmm...what?
DOTD

Buubuuftw
12-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh is this like the time where Big Luck was sold for 70 plat and made it "not unique?" Thats what im picking up from this...

Whirlzap
12-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Goddd.... THAT WAS THE LAST ITEM I HAD THAT HAD NOT BEEN SOLD OFF TO PEOPLE FOR PLAT :'( :'( :'(

FOR I MISLY 45 PLAT..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DARN DEAL OF THE DAY, CANT BELIEVE IT...... THE SNOWMAN HELMET.. is on the deal of the day. :'( :'(

SRY DEVS, THIS IS A RANT, please excuse me. I AM AT THIS MOMENT, VERY SAD.

Wow..to see the ever so calm, quiet, tranquil and unbreakable Daniel the invincible genius actually BREAK...QQ.

Can I quote this:D?

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 07:15 PM
STS should have made the snowman helm 500 plat... OR BETTER YET.. Please stop releasing old items for sale.. Please

nobody would have complained about that.

Whirlzap
12-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Dan's not conplaining. He's sad.
Anyways,

WHATS HAPPENINGGGGGGG....

Well, Daniel, PL is just going under a revolution!
Before: Old Times(Dan, you're gonna cry when you read this) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9396-Proof-Royce-is-a-Dev&highlight=Fnord)
After:

Woot! Level 66 with new Elite Vanity! Plus 500 Plat Helm!

Zeus
12-20-2011, 07:22 PM
I think we've established that practically nothing escapes the DOTD. :( At least you still have your halloween vanity! :D

DanielRH
12-20-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm so sad, annoyed, pissed off... what happened to the pl we all loved?

Buubuuftw
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM

Money happened...

DanielRH
12-20-2011, 07:25 PM

Money happened...

What made the sudden change? New dev? Board of directors decided to take a new course of action?

Aikiebo
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM
STS should have made the snowman helm 500 plat... OR BETTER YET.. Please stop releasing old items for sale.. Please

nobody would have complained about that.

It seems to me that these items are very popular. Why else would they keep bringing them back to DoTD?

Nick41324
Money happened...
+1
(I'm actually not on a computer so you just have to imagine I added a +1 to your reputation)

Mothwing
I feel your pain...I sorta got pissed when everything went "elite". The new caps all the vanity gear. PL just took a turn for the worst imo. Kinda off topic but...

TheSnowman
12-20-2011, 07:29 PM
I still have one Christmas-yish Helm left : my beloved Red Winter Festival Cap.

Though I bet that will appear on Dotd soon too :(

DanielRH
12-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Please help me keep this on topic, I would really like something from a dev and this will just get locked if it goes onto other stuff.

Samhayne
12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Hey Daniel,

We're sorry you feel as you do. We can well understand. Hopefully I can help you better understand our reasons - which I hope, in some small way, might make you feel better.

You see, we daily hear from people who say, "Whoa, that's cool, how can I get it" or even "I'd pay 1,000 plat to get that". I'm sure you've heard similar things when you log in to Pocket Legends and hang out in town with some of your unique items on. "Where can I get that" "How did you get that" "Cool!" That's all part of what makes those items awesome, they are rare and exclusive.

The Deal of the Day is a way that we can offer people access to such items, but in a limited scope. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone purchases Deal of the Day items. Actually, far from it. However, it is still a significant way that we can fund our operation to bring you Humania (the next content expansion coming to Pocket Legends next year) or new features like new leaderboards (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46145-Leaderboards-Soliciting-Community-Thoughts), vanity closets and the ability to play on your browser. Also, by only allowing such items to be purchased over the 24 hours that the Deal of the Day runs, it's still pretty exclusive. Sure, you'll see some people with them on as they show off their latest acquisition, but a month from now, I doubt you'll see everyone and their brother running around with them on.

I can only ask for your understanding, even in part. Thanks as always, for choosing to spend your time playing Pocket Legends. We know the game is better because of your involvement.

Yours truly,
Samhayne

Mothwing
12-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey Daniel,

We're sorry you feel as you do. We can well understand. Hopefully I can help you better understand our reasons - which I hope, in some small way, might make you feel better.

You see, we daily hear from people who say, "Whoa, that's cool, how can I get it" or even "I'd pay 1,000 plat to get that". I'm sure you've heard similar things when you log in to Pocket Legends and hang out in town with some of your unique items on. "Where can I get that" "How did you get that" "Cool!" That's all part of what makes those items awesome, they are rare and exclusive.

The Deal of the Day is a way that we can offer people access to such items, but in a limited scope. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone purchases Deal of the Day items. Actually, far from it. However, it is still a significant way that we can fund our operation to bring you Humania (the next content expansion coming to Pocket Legends next year) or new features like new leaderboards (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46145-Leaderboards-Soliciting-Community-Thoughts), vanity closets and the ability to play on your browser. Also, by only allowing such items to be purchased over the 24 hours that the Deal of the Day runs, it's still pretty exclusive. Sure, you'll see some people with them on as they show off their latest acquisition, but a month from now, I doubt you'll see everyone and their brother running around with them on.

I can only ask for your understanding, even in part. Thanks as always, for choosing to spend your time playing Pocket Legends. We know the game is better because of your involvement.

Yours truly,
Samhayne

Makes sense but...Even if everyone doesnt buy DOTD, its still available to them, making it sorta, well, un-unique...

Register
12-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Makes sense but...Even if everyone doesnt buy DOTD, its still available to them, making it sorta, well, un-unique...

Lol, its a 24 hour sale, its still going to be somewhat unique....Boast the items to newer players if you want...

DanielRH
12-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Its just that, there is nothing now that seperates us oldies from noobs, and yes now everyone is walking around with snow helms, even my brother. And there's no difference, heck even a -2011 on the DOTD one would make me feel better.

Also, there's lots of other items u guys could have done, and for 45 plat it is not exclusive. That only 5 more plat then a balloon! I get your profit reasons, but maybe consider adding a date to the dotds.

so, when does my community shield appear on DOTD? That would earn ya guys a bundle of cash :'(

NotYoCookiez
12-20-2011, 07:39 PM
There is always something that you could get to show that your a "vet" that no one else can buy from DOTD or anytime else and that's the level cap vanities :D

Mothwing
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Lol, its a 24 hour sale, its still going to be somewhat unique....Boast the items to newer players if you want...

Not really my point...I just want the items to be at the value they were when they came out. Not to make other players jealous. Thats sorta the point. Every generation gets their benefits, but unfortunately the "oldies" get the most benefits in this case. "The early bird catches the worm..."

Buubuuftw
12-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I get your profit reasons, but maybe consider adding a date to the dotds.

I agree! Adding a date and making a slight change in the look MIGHT solve our issue!

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Its just that, there is nothing now that seperates us oldies from noobs, and yes now everyone is walking around with snow helms, even my brother. And there's no difference, heck even a -2011 on the DOTD one would make me feel better.

Also, there's lots of other items u guys could have done, and for 45 plat it is not exclusive. That only 5 more plat then a balloon! I get your profit reasons, but maybe consider adding a date to the dotds.

so, when does my community shield appear on DOTD? That would earn ya guys a bundle of cash :'(
I wish they would add a tiny bit of difference to change this years items from last. Even a simple twinkle from his eye would be nice :(

Samhayne
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM

It won't.

Buubuuftw
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
I wish they would add a tiny bit of difference to change this years items from last. Even a simple twinkle from his eye would be nice :(

Beat ya to it! XD

Elyseon
12-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Same thing I thought when I saw it, it was the one thing that distinguished that i had played 1 year. They already brought back, decorated antlers, big luck, big love, now my oldest item is the party hat, very sad, very very sad,

javiemma
12-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Since you devs have brought back my snowman head, now for tomorrows dotd I want last years pumpkin head. Ty

Mothwing
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Not even a slight change though...a MAJOR change. If the item stayed the same or even the slightest color difference the players wouldnt be able to tell the difference between two yearly items.

TheSnowman
I thought there was an idea a while ago of having a veteran rewards systems in place. Is this still going to happen as I've not heard anything about it in a long time?

I presume it's just been pushed back in favour of more important things but it would still be nice to here some news on the matter.

DanielRH

+1!

Oh... wait... what? My brother has one, so far I have seen 30 people who have em that got em 2 min ago.

Could you guys please please please add a date to the description, and please try and keep the super exclusive ones... well super exclusive. Remember the red antenna? Very rare right, description says "You were there!" Then u put it in the DOTD. They were not there! Grrr. Still pissed.... a date would help some.

Beanmachine
12-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry Daniel to hear this.
I know what it feels like to have a rare item, and then the next day everyone has it.
I wish I could make you feel better, last time I was mad, I took a 3 month break and I don't want that to happen to you.

Buubuuftw
12-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I thought there was an idea a while ago of having a veteran rewards systems in place. Is this still going to happen as I've not heard anything about it in a long time?

You mean founders helm? Or if it's something different then I have no clue...

Mothwing
12-20-2011, 07:49 PM
+1!

Oh... wait... what? My brother has one, so far I have seen 30 people who have em that got em 2 min ago.

Could you guys please please please add a date to the description, and please try and keep the super exclusive ones... well super exclusive. Remember the red antenna? Very rare right, description says "You were there!" Then u put it in the DOTD. They were not there! Grrr. Still pissed.... a date would help some.

+1

I still think every generation/year needs its own items guys...Just putting a date on the title wont solve it unless we can see inside their account. Get creative! If new and exciting gear came out every year we wouldnt be having this chat.

Samhayne
12-20-2011, 07:49 PM

I presume it's just been pushed back in favour of more important things but it would still be nice to here some news on the matter.

Veteran Rewards are in work. We have the system built to grant items based on account date, the team is putting together the reward items. Look for more details after the first of the year.

Mothwing
12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran Rewards are in work. We have the system built to grant items based on account date, the team is putting together the reward items. Look for more details after the first of the year.

SWEEEET!! See Dan, we oldies still have a chance...This way all vanity items can be available to everyone. One question, what join date will the first item be given out to? And do we have to pay? Please...no.

Samhayne
12-20-2011, 07:55 PM
SWEEEET!! See Dan, we oldies still have a chance...This way all vanity items can be available to everyone. One question, what join date will the first item be given out to? And do we have to pay? Please...no.

No paying that I'm aware of. Join date is based off your game account creation date. I think there's a command in game to list your account's creation date.

DanielRH
12-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Thing is that I missed the founders helm by a couple weeks, I was semi annoyed by this but OK, cause I had my "veteran reward" in vanities that... hell not even all the vets had... it made me feel good... I could walk proudly into a pvp game... now I walk in and someone wearing the helm says "don't you think 45 plat was alot? Spent most of my plat on that..." and I feel like crap, I don't even have a way to say no! I did not buy thus helm! I actually got those 200 snowballs from killing snowmen!

It WAS my veteran reward. Now I have nothing. Makes me sad :'(

Mothwing
12-20-2011, 07:56 PM
No paying that I'm aware of. Join date is based off your game account creation date. I think there's a command in game to list your account's creation date.

Awesome! Thanks Sam :)

Buubuuftw
12-20-2011, 07:57 PM
+1

I still think every generation/year needs its own items guys...Just putting a date on the title wont solve it unless we can see inside their account. Get creative! If new and exciting gear came out every year we wouldnt be having this chat.

Very true Moth! There NEEDS to be a noticable difference or else how can we tell? Even difference in coloring would be nice. Like the origianl Big Luck is green but the DotD version is yellow or something?

On another note, cool new sig Moth! Umadbro?

TheSnowman

That's nice to hear, perhaps it will mean threads like these become less frequent and veteran players won't kick up a fuss about an old item appearing on Dotd. Though until that time I will remain disappointed about old items returning.

Matutd
If u look at my account in menu, I think u can see it. Also, I'm not entirely sure, I think u can see it when u look at platinum purchases

maneatingtree
12-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Aww does this mean soon the pumpkin helmet will be dotd to? Im not holding back Necro! You better hide devs! (lol jk but plz dont dotd that to :()

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 08:01 PM
it was my veteran reward. Now i have nothing. Makes me sad :'(
give this man a founders helm!!

Matutd
12-20-2011, 08:01 PM
give this man a founders helm!!
seconded!

Nick41324
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Oah god O.o the only cool thing I have is a mini ice bunny ear :( please don't make them return :'(

Samhayne
12-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Oah god O.o the only cool thing I have is a mini ice bunny ear :( please don't make them return :'(

Hate to tell ya Nick, but the Easter event will likely return as it did last year. I'm not sure where the perception that events wouldn't come back came from. In every other MMO I've played or worked on they have. Maybe it's the fact that PL is more "casual" and all item drops can be traded, where in many other MMO's there is the concept of no-trade items for about everything?

Whirlzap
12-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Hate to tell ya Nick, but the Easter event will likely return as it did last year. I'm not sure where the perception that events wouldn't come back came from. In every other MMO I've played or worked on they have. Maybe it's the fact that PL is more "casual" and all item drops can be traded, where in many other MMO's there is the concept of no-trade items for about everything?
Even though I hate it, I'll have to agree with Sam on this one.
From playing many MMOs and games, yearly events are usually repeats.

By the way, Sam, can you tell us why there can't be a single little change in the name of DoTD stuff?
It would fix a lot IMO.

Matutd
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Maybe give him a mouldy carrot nose?
It has been there for a year

DanielRH
12-20-2011, 08:16 PM

The problem was not that it came back the same, I would have no problem with that. Its that the same items came back with the same looks, the same stats, the same name and description... no -2011 on it. Nothing. No distinction at all.

And the problem with Halloween us that the drop rates were very high, which inflated the market.

Samhayne
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
By the way, Sam, can you tell us why there can't be a single little change in the name of DoTD stuff?
It would fix a lot IMO.

Because it needs to get done and put into a push. I know the Marketing Team has been working to improve the Deal of the Day offerings. I'll bring this up with them again to see if we can't accomplish it. It's a good request.

RedRyder
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Look at the bright side kiddo, we got it for 10 plat and they're getting it for 45 lol.

Palyna
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
awww our unique snowman helmet is on deal of the day. Many people did asked me where did I get that snowman head~ now they can get it at 45 plats~

WoundedEagle
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Spacetime Nexus -> Purchases. I had snowman helm before I made this account. Sorry for you sadness Daniel. Feel free to shoot me a pm or text me if necessary. I can see how upset you were. After just reflecting and not quitting to help the game. Just released STS. You could fix it and make it more expensive. Did you guys ever consider putting a set of items or even one item for the release of each campaign...for free. Users could say they obtained them from release.

blurryeyes
12-20-2011, 08:34 PM
I was one of the guys who asked 'where did you get that helm' before lol

sorry to see you guys concern but I'm pretty happy I got my snowman helm for 45 today

But yea i don't mind if they had a twist in the looks or name, I'd still buy it cause its awesome and I missed last year's winter event

nmyxspaceship
12-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Idk what to do! Buy the helm or wait to see if new xmas vanity is out? I have all holiday items fron last year except this...

I do agree it wasnt so smart to bring past items, they should have improved it to make it worth the money. The item set from last year looks as if its over 75 plat, i got it for 15. I guess its just how much youll pay to fit in with everyone else...

cjackyo
12-20-2011, 08:51 PM
There is always something that you could get to show that your a "vet" that no one else can buy from DOTD or anytime else and that's the level cap vanities :D

Soon enough it will be a dotd.......

Hankomachos
12-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Although it'll never happen, DOTD should be for ALREADY available items for a cheaper price, not bringing back items.
Like elixirs, cowboy hats, etc.

And to add to the exclusiveness, the brought back items should ( if they are) be brought back for a more expensive price. E.g: Snowman for 500 plat. Makes it available, however less people would pay. So "veterans" can say "I didn't pay 500 plat for that."

Catch my drift?

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I think we've established that practically nothing escapes the DOTD. :( At least you still have your halloween vanity! :D

The only thing so far that has escaped the deal of the day are the persistence items, a few of the special shields (ex: Goa and community), and founders helm. Otherwise ... it's all up for grabs more or less.

Rare
12-20-2011, 08:59 PM

Hey Sam, would you by chance know the command? I looked at all the "/" commands but didn't see anything relevant.

On another note, I saw several other commands I never noticed before. Like "guildhall". However, I tried to use it and got the message "this feature requires a subscription" or something like that. Maybe that's for another thread after I've looked to see if someone else has asked already.

Epic Unicorns!
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
I hope to god the exact same rabbit ears are not released...I would be devestated if I wasn't the only happy bunny of Forst Haven :'(

Kingofhurtz
12-20-2011, 09:11 PM
No. No. No. No. I quit. Jk...

Ghastly
12-20-2011, 09:11 PM

Your mom happened lol jk but money.

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 09:16 PM

You guys should try a new tactic that is very successful.

Make every single event totally unique - but make all items trade-able. That way in 4-5 years, players start obsessing over old items and thus, stimulated plat purchases in a attempt to obtain gold/credits needed for it.

Example - WoW: 3 million gold pumpkin head
RS: 4.7 billion gold Blue party hat.

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I think based off this we can draw the following conclusions:

1. Anything that is not considered super unique (ex: GoA shield) or special (persistence items) may someday be on the day of the deal

2. All holiday and special event items that are "unique" will someday be featured again

3. On the plus side, if you missed some event, sooner or later, you can have that item again ... for a certain amount of plat (usually quite a bit, so you REALLY have to want it if you want to buy)

4. Finally, there are very few "unique" items in PL and holiday items are not unique, so don't assume that in the future

Edit:

I think that we, the community should have some voice in what should be considered unique and not suitable for repurchase. It's clear that this issue is important enough to many players.

At the same time, if we as a community do this, we must think of new deals. These deals must be likely to sell and to generate enough plat to make up for any losses.

MightyMicah
12-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I was hoping they would do something as simple as changing the scarf color to red. Think about it. That would solve my problem with it...

Edit: in fact I would buy another!

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I hope to god the exact same rabbit ears are not released...I would be devestated if I wasn't the only happy bunny of Forst Haven :'(

Don't be surprised if they are. See 2 posts above.

kiitz
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I am probably going against the current of most of the people on the forums with this post... but I'm gonna say it anyway!

I don't understand why you guys have to look different in order to feel special. Having a hat, or stick or shoe that not very many other people in the game possesses does not really make all that much of a difference. People won't suddenly want to spend more time with you. It doesn't make you a better player.

Actually, I think I understand -- you want to stand out. You want to be able to say, HA, I was here before you, so that makes me better than you. You want to be a part of the "in" crowd. You want to be one of the "haves" and in order to be a "have" there must be "have nots".

If I want to stand out, I just try to get the best gear, understand my class, play it to the best of my ability, and be a nice, kind and helpful person. That way, people remember me not because I joined the game before them and have something that they can't get, but because I am a good player and contribute to the community.

PL can still be great, even if you don't feel like you are some amazing "old-timer" to be identified by and worshipped for your so amazing one of a kind hat. On the opposite end of it, instead of trying to keep things exlusive so you can feel special, maybe you can welcome the fact that new players can also experience the cool things you have.

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 09:26 PM
I think based off this we can draw the following conclusions:

1. Anything that is not considered super unique (ex: GoA shield) or special (persistence items) may someday be on the day of the deal

2. All holiday and special event items that are "unique" will someday be featured again

3. On the plus side, if you missed some event, sooner or later, you can have that item again ... for a certain amount of plat (usually quite a bit, so you REALLY have to want it if you want to buy)

4. Finally, there are very few "unique" items in PL and holiday items are not unique, so don't assume that in the future

Edit:

I think that we, the community should have some say in what should be considered unique and not suitable for repurchase.

Re-introducing old holiday gear is really good for the mass population of the game, since a lot of the players missed old events, and a lot of the players are likely to quit after a few months. So to them, they are still unique, but to us 1%, it ruins the holidays.

So I already know that Sam will reply back to my idea as "We would but we need to make ends meet, and it would exhaust a lot of resources to make every event unique". But here is the thing - It is a long term investment as a gaming company. A few unique trade-able events here, and 5 years from now, new players might be just obsessed enough to drop 2000 plat in order to obtain enough credits/gold to buy a super rare vanity off someone. I know players in WoW spent thousands and thousands on 3rd party gold. STS has first party gold, so why not? :P.

PL can still be great, even if you don't feel like you are some amazing "old-timer" to be identified by and worshipped for your so amazing one of a kind hat. On the opposite end of it, instead of trying to keep things exlusive so you can feel special, maybe you can welcome the fact that new players can also experience the cool things you have.

Heheh... Look at it from this point of view. A lot of players enjoy to play PL, because of the fact that they are unique to 95% of the game population.

Example: I got onto PL and put on ALL of my old christmas gear and went afk in father frosts room thingie. I didn't get on to socialize or to run the dungeons, I got on to be unique. So yeah... it is a elitist thing. I need to look unique

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Re-introducing old holiday gear is really good for the mass population of the game, since a lot of the players missed old events, and a lot of the players are likely to quit after a few months. So to them, they are still unique, but to us 1%, it ruins the holidays.

So I already know that Sam will reply back to my idea as "We would but we need to make ends meet, and it would exhaust a lot of resources to make every event unique". But here is the thing - It is a long term investment as a gaming company. A few unique trade-able events here, and 5 years from now, new players might be just obsessed enough to drop 2000 plat in order to obtain enough credits/gold to buy a super rare vanity off someone. I know players in WoW spent thousands and thousands on 3rd party gold. STS has first party gold, so why not? :P.

That is true - hmm. It's not an easy dilemma. Somebody is gonna get mad either way. Perhaps allowing them is the lesser evil ... for certain items at least.

Still, I don't want to wake up one morning, log in, and find say, a GoA shield, a crown of persistence, or something like that on sale for 2,000 plat. There should be some clear line between what to expect on the deals and what should not be expected.

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 09:39 PM
That is true - hmm. It's not an easy dilemma. Somebody is gonna get mad either way. Perhaps allowing them is the lesser evil ... for certain items at least.

Still, I don't want to wake up one morning, log in, and find say, a GoA shield, a crown of persistence, or something like that on sale for 2,000 plat. There should be some clear line between what to expect on the deals and what should not be expected.

Here is the line -

Items purchased with platinum are not immune to the DotD

Items earned through hard work or dev reward are immune. Antennae's, CoP, droid suit, SoG, Founders helm, ect.

Quest items are not immune - Snowman head was a free quest item.

Edit: On runescape, I remember the riot that happened on W1 and on the forums, because players were mad about rare item hording and that it should not be allowed. If it was ever implemented here, 5 years down the road, that is a battle the devs are going to have to face.

I would say the fairest but still profitable system is to allow all holiday or special event content to be trade-able. In runescape, they moved from trade-able to untrade-able, but they had the funds to do so. I guess we are stuck with either:

Excessive use of old content and hope for some really cool new content
All new content, but very dull and boring, due to budgets
All new content, all trade-able, huge money maker down the road. It can be as simple as giving out santa hats like they did on SL. That way budgets don't get hit early on.

Otukura
12-20-2011, 09:41 PM
@Phar, Many antennae are for plat.

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 09:45 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrues9J0BH1qjajw4.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm. Done...

WhoIsThis
12-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Well, from what I can see, the decision has already been made. Excessive old content with some new content.

There's a lot of less that is well, unique enough, not to appear than even we can imagine it would seem.

Jugernugett
12-20-2011, 09:47 PM
What do u mean?

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
What do u mean?

To which post

maneatingtree
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
How bout these vanitys are tradable?

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 09:51 PM
What about SOG? It cost plat

uh really? Since when did they start offering the shield of gratitude for platinum? (Not sarcasm, real question)

NECROREAPER
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM
If I want to stand out, I just try to get the best gear, understand my class, play it to the best of my ability, and be a nice, kind and helpful person. That way, people remember me not because I joined the game before them and have something that they can't get, but because I am a good player and contribute to the community.

For some of us, including myself in particular, it isn't a sense of 'exclusiveness' or 'elitism,' but actually a sense of identity. If I didn't wear my pumpkin, who would I be? Just another random guy, but *because* of that pumpkin head that I never take off, I'm known as 'that guy who wears hate armor and the pumpkin all the time,' or 'The Pumpkin King' (actual things people have said to me). If the old pumpkin returned as a DOTD, I'd not only lose exclusivity over an item, I'd lose my identity, as now everyone could run around, looking *EXACTLY* the same as me, something that can now be accomplished with the selling of the snowman head and those who would always wear it around. If it were sold, people could one easily impersonate me and smear my reputation and possibly even Slander my name, something I'd get very upset about.

In short, yes, there are certain items that I and many others would prefer to stay exclusive. Again, sometimes it isn't always a matter of elitism or standing out from the crowd, but something more meaningful.

Ivan Johnson
12-20-2011, 10:09 PM
uh really? Since when did they start offering the shield of gratitude for platinum? (Not sarcasm, real question)
You get it when you spend 30 plat.

Otukura
12-20-2011, 10:10 PM
[IMG]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm. Done...

Was that at me, the thing about Antennae, or both?

You get it when you spend 30 plat.

When did this start? Wasn't it that if you spent more than 30 plat before they made the main spine free, you got it?

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 10:13 PM
In short, yes, there are certain items that I and many others would prefer to stay exclusive. Again, sometimes it isn't always a matter of elitism or standing out from the crowd, but something more meaningful.

Dude, I'd freakin rage quit on your behalf if pumpkin head goes as DotD. My entire time here at PL, I've always known you as the crazy fun dude in the flaming pumpkin. It would be a very sad day if I ever saw anyone with your look..

TBH - I once considered that outfit, but strayed away because I knew it was your thing :P.

Was that at me, the thing about Antennae, or both?
When did this start? Wasn't it that if you spent more than 30 plat before they made the main spine free, you got it?

Antennae.

And wow... Not long before we see "Buy instant veteran status and earn the highly exclusive Founders Helm! 30 plat DEAL OF THE WEEKZ!!"....

Ivan Johnson
12-20-2011, 10:13 PM
I read it somewhere around here. Im pretty sure my friend got one when he spent 30 plat, which I believe was like a month after the spine was made free.

NECROREAPER
12-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Lol, thanks for the kind words Phar.

I just hope my words get across to those who don't understand the other aspects of vanity exclusivity.

CrimsonTider
12-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Mark my words: Crown od Persistance soon to follow.

MoarPewPew
12-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Mark my words: Crown od Persistance soon to follow.

If STS wants to make cash fast just put the community shield in there for 500 plat and the GOA shield too. :P If that happened I would die from laughing.

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Hell, you can buy a dev account for 500 platinum. Stats, special items, and red name included.

MoarPewPew
12-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Hell, you can buy a dev account for 500 platinum. Stats, special items, and red name included.

Oh and Do not forget! 250 Plat for a droid costume! jk lol

NECROREAPER
12-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Guys, let's keep the plat flaming down please we don't want the devs to come in here and lock yet another great thread. This one has a lot of great points in it, and it'd be great if it could stay open so the devs could see em all.

I know you guys are joking and just messing I'm a serious manner as we often like to, but a lot of newer players may see this and feed off of what we post, and we, as the 'veteran' players need to be setting a prime example of how to appropriately voice our concerns to STS.

MightyMicah
12-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Agreed. Save the kidding for the kidding thread ;)

NECROREAPER
12-20-2011, 11:56 PM
All jokes aside, I'd die of laughing at how ridiculous it'd be if those things got sold for plat.

And then I'd take you all with me :victorious:

Nick41324
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm kind of excited/nervous to see what dotd is on Xmas eve and Xmas day :D

(put this shield as dotd xD even tho it's one of a kind)

BTW: thank you sam for the antenna lol

zeusabe
12-21-2011, 12:33 AM
What's the PL world coming to, GoA's/Old timers starting petitions, ranting...things are getting more exciting that's for sure XD By the way, there is another way to be different...well not entirely, but at least, you'll belong in a smaller group of people who has it...I'm talking about that 500plat omnipotent crown of dreams XD Thanks.

Ivan Johnson
12-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Edited to save flame

NECROREAPER
12-21-2011, 12:50 AM
I think that post would be best suited for a PM, Ivan. It's only likely to cause flames and more trolling.

Ivan Johnson
12-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Ya ur probly right. Editing it out

blurryeyes
12-21-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm kind of excited/nervous to see what dotd is on Xmas eve and Xmas day :D

(put this shield as dotd xD even tho it's one of a kind)

BTW: thank you sam for the antenna lol

wow that shield never came out right?

I do remember there was an orange shield exactly like that that came out on halloween day

modredd
12-21-2011, 01:15 AM
It's getting a little hot in here!
I have to say reading these forms over the last 2 weeks this has been the worst P.R. disaster I have ever seen for spacetime studios and really any company since new coke was created in the late eighty's or clear pepsi in the early ninety's.
Morale is so low and peoples attitudes are so poor I don't know how the developers are going to turn this around?
I have resigned from the game but I also do not want to see it implode or be gone within 3 to 6 months if this continues.
Maybe everybody that is upset just needs to relax take the holiday off come back at the beginning of the new year and you know absence does make the heart grow fonder. the game will be here when you come back.
That way the people that are ambivalent to what's going on can enjoy the game freely without all the negativity and hostility.
Spend time with your friends and family, what ever your religion and whatever holiday you celebrate this is a time of love understanding compassion just put the computer/ cellular device down.
This snowball is getting bigger and bigger and everybody is making it larger and it's not going to have a good ending so my opinion is take a break.
I think everyone is inherently clear the disappointment the majority of the players are feeling and I think the developers don't need to hear it every minute of the day on every post by every person.
I am not for either side I just believe that beating a dead horse has no purpose!
Happy holidays to everybody and have a Happy new year

razerfingers
12-21-2011, 01:42 AM
This is the reason i rage quitted sadly

CodyBearr
12-21-2011, 01:44 AM
I gotta say as a long time player that joined right after Christmas last year it isn't our fault we discovered this awesome game slightly later then everyone else who hates the fact they came out with items that so many players including myself wish we could of gotten... Honestly I can't began to tell you how Many moths I wanted a pumpkin head or a snowman head! Atleast we payed 45 plat and not what it cost last year (25plat)

But all in all I see why so many are upset but I for one and super happy to finally have it and luckily have plat at that moment :-)

CodyBearr
12-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Hey Daniel,

Yours truly,
Samhayne

:-) well said
And I'm one of the many people that didn't get big luck twice (first time on st partty's I passed then dotd I didn't have that much plat & my GF who I live with said I couldn't buy any at that moment haha) so I missed out again & now I rarely see it)

Elyseon
12-21-2011, 01:53 AM
I gotta say as a long time player that joined right after Christmas last year it isn't our fault we discovered this awesome game slightly later then everyone else who hates the fact they came out with items that so many players including myself wish we could of gotten... Honestly I can't began to tell you how Many moths I wanted a pumpkin head or a snowman head! Atleast we payed 45 plat and not what it cost last year (25plat)

But all in all I see why so many are upset but I for one and super happy to finally have it and luckily have plat at that moment :-)

Can I have some contest vanities too, it not my fault I'm not as good as some other people.

Why didn't u bring back pumpkin helm then?

So is it safe to say that PL discourages unique gear collecting? If that is the case idk why I'm getting it. I just like to look unique, right now the typical player is simply a crafted 65 with the 3 piece elite vanity set. So variety is kinda nice. Oh and I have my hardlight shield, u better not bring that back.

Samhayne
12-21-2011, 01:57 AM
wow that shield never came out right?

I do remember there was an orange shield exactly like that that came out on halloween day

As I said elsewhere previously, there is an orange color version of the skull n crossbones shield that was part of our Halloween Pirate stuff. I nabbed the black and white versions of the shield to use for pvp rewards. Hahahabirdy won one in the recent 1v1 tournament that Absolutepally ran. We are doing a Mage 1v1 next with the same prizes.

Elyseon
12-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Maybe make new items as DotD, a silver omnipotent crown with blue eyes would be cool. A pet wolf pup, many possiblilties. Mainly what is happening is the older players feel like we should get more respect as we have supported the game longer financially and with ideas. But we feel like the things that we have served long to earn are being thrown to anyone who dishes out plat. I for 1 did not get a pumpkin helm and I respect it as the right of players older than me to keep it as an exclusive token they earned. I don't see why it is necessary for these unique antique to be given to anyone.

WhoIsThis
12-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Lol, thanks for the kind words Phar.

I just hope my words get across to those who don't understand the other aspects of vanity exclusivity.

Thew way things are going, the pumpkin head is not sacred based off our earlier analysis. IMO don't be surprised if it actually does end up on sale or if the future Halloween events reuse it - this year, remember the reindeer antlers were reused and the old ones featured (even though they were the same).

maneatingtree
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Isnt it possible to add smoke to the older versions? Ice smole to old snowman helmet and doom items smoke for the pumpkin helmet.

arischal
12-21-2011, 08:39 AM

I'm waiting to buy the veterans helm I missed out on cuz of android ( my friend got one and he doesn't even play anymore )

NECROREAPER
12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Isnt it possible to add smoke to the older versions? Ice smole to old snowman helmet and doom items smoke for the pumpkin helmet.

Eww no, I don't like the smoke. I like them how they are now.

Pimpslide
12-21-2011, 04:33 PM
LMAO Dan, thanks for giving me the laugh of my forum life.

Props for the initiative! :D

FluffNStuff
12-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Will the crown of persistence be a DOTD or will it be part of an elite vanities plat pack?

Otukura
12-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Will the crown of persistence be a DOTD or will it be part of an elite vanities plat pack?
Both.

drewcapu
12-21-2011, 10:34 PM
As I said elsewhere previously, there is an orange color version of the skull n crossbones shield that was part of our Halloween Pirate stuff. I nabbed the black and white versions of the shield to use for pvp rewards. Hahahabirdy won one in the recent 1v1 tournament that Absolutepally ran. We are doing a Mage 1v1 next with the same prizes.

Do you have a shield maybe with a 49ers logo? I'm not into skull and crossbones too much.

If so, maybe I'll actually try pvp!

Otukura
12-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Do you have a shield maybe with a 49ers logo? I'm not into skull and crossbones too much.

If so, maybe I'll actually try pvp!

You're in the Bay Area? :O

Nice post count :p

ghost.mw
12-21-2011, 10:38 PM
The only vanity that no new player will ever have or have the chance to have it is the founders helm

Rare
12-21-2011, 10:42 PM
The only vanity that no new player will ever have or have the chance to have it is the founders helm

That sounds like a challenge lol

Nick41324
12-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Ewww no, I don't like the smoke. I like them how they are now.
Sparkles FTW

SUPAPRODIGY
12-22-2011, 02:29 AM
they better not put the Xperia play Buttons on DOTD or i will ragequit and run over a tree. i feel special im like one of the few that wears them anymore :)

Nick41324
12-22-2011, 02:43 PM
they better not put the Xperia play Buttons on DOTD or i will ragequit and run over a tree. i feel special im like one of the few that wears them anymore :)
Tons of people have them, but they rarely wear them.
Mine sit in my stash collecting dust xD
And I believe devs still give them out, or they have recently

Mothwing
12-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Tons of people have them, but they rarely wear them.
Mine sit in my stash collecting dust xD
And I believe devs still give them out, or they have recently

Its because its probably the weirdest looking vanity out there. IMO, antennas are the best...if any more go on DOTD theres something wrong...Heres an idea: Feature one rare vanity every month for a shorter ammount of time. Like, lets say 12 hours instead of 24 that way theyre not AS common as if they were 24 hours. This way people have access to them but they still have a little value to them.

Beanmachine
12-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Its because its probably the weirdest looking vanity out there. IMO, antennas are the best...if any more go on DOTD theres something wrong...Heres an idea: Feature one rare vanity every month for a shorter ammount of time. Like, lets say 12 hours instead of 24 that way theyre not AS common as if they were 24 hours. This way people have access to them but they still have a little value to them.

Then its wouldn't be DOTD, it would be DOTHD (Half Day):P

But seriously they shouldn't even be re-using...at least change some feature/color.

Mothwing
12-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Then its wouldn't be DOTD, it would be DOTHD (Half Day):P

But seriously they shouldn't even be re-using...at least change some feature/color.

Then for the other 12 hours they could feature another discount.

Swimmingstar
12-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I still have the shield of gratitude. Hope it's not coming back.

DanielRH
12-24-2011, 11:47 PM
The usefulness for this thread has come to an end, locked.