PDA

View Full Version : Dps vs dmg

picklewickles
08-29-2019, 09:19 AM
Hey,

I was actually wondering what is the difference between dps (damage per second) and dmg (damage)

Could anyone actually explain it?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

slaaayerrr
08-29-2019, 09:33 AM
things which depends on your DMG: damage from skills, damage from some procs, hp/mana regen from some skills
DPS was supposed to show attackspeed*damage from regular attacks, but its just useless and broken stat, forget about it

Christmaztown
08-29-2019, 11:14 AM
Hey,

I was actually wondering what is the difference between dps (damage per second) and dmg (damage)

Could anyone actually explain it?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

well Dps (damage per second) will tell you your attack speed, so for like a regular hit lets say you do 1k dmg per hit without using any skills, then use a skill and its 3k damage, ur stats tell u how much damage u can do per second from DPS, so like if i regularly do 1k damage - 2k damage, my dps will be between 1000-2000, crit also applies to DPS, damage will tell u how much damage you can possibly do. the more damage you have, the more crit/DPs you will have.

slayer's version is much simpler and easier to understand than mine is but wahtever xD

goodluck!

Ebereasider
08-29-2019, 11:55 AM
DPS was supposed to show attackspeed*damage from regular attacks, but its just useless and broken stat, forget about it
Actually, DPS = Damage/Attack speed of weapon
But yeah, we can forget about it as players now uses skills all the time

Dalmony
08-29-2019, 12:51 PM
DPS = "damage per second" that your weapon can do, using your basic weapon attack. I believe it is determined by your weapon attack speed and the damage per hit it does.

Damage is a multiplier and is used to work out how much damage your skills do.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

BaronB
08-29-2019, 01:22 PM
DPS = "damage per second" that your weapon can do, using your basic weapon attack. I believe it is determined by your weapon attack speed and the damage per hit it does.

Damage is a multiplier and is used to work out how much damage your skills do.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

This here is pretty bang on

1 <3

shadowronn
08-30-2019, 03:49 AM
Simply put, damage matters and dps does not.