PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for the next two enhancers in SL?????

krazii
12-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Okay, before this get's buried in the Suggestions Folder, I'd like to know what you all think of these two enhancer ideas.

1. The vanity enhancer (20 plat) - 100% reroll for a vanity. This would finally do away with the outrageous prices for vanities as they would be a bit more common.

2. The teleportation enhancer (1 plat) - immediately teleports you to the location of somebody else in the zone (a menu would pop up with the names of everybody in the zone). Note: STS, how about calling this one Krazii's teleportation enhancer.

Thoughts,

Silentarrow
12-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Okay, before this get's buried in the Suggestions Folder, I'd like to know what you all think of these two enhancer ideas.

1. The vanity enhancer (20 plat) - 100% reroll for a vanity. This would finally do away with the outrageous prices for vanities as they would be a bit more common.

Thoughts,

No,no, no, NO, NO that enhancer would be the end of my SL career. Non plat players already have a hard enough time making money with luck enhancers around!

plmafiaboss
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
I Like the vanities just the way they are personally. And if u type fwdslash who. With an actual forward slash. My iPod is messed up so I can't type it xD. But anyway if u type that it tells u everyone in ur zone

Paar
12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
If that first Enhancer comes Im out.. Do you know that, that would make the rich people richer? In SL of course and the second one would be a lazy device , I mean why cant you just click menu /Join?

drewcapu
12-20-2011, 09:12 PM
There already is a 100% enhancer for vanities.

It's called "wait a year for the Deal of the Day".

Pharcyde
12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Vanity enhancer = Me rage quitting.

There already is a 100% enhancer for vanities.

It's called "wait a year for the Deal of the Day".

Lmao...

Blind
12-21-2011, 12:19 AM
U better be sh**ting me mate. Excuse me i can't find another word. Are you crazy? Vanity enhancers?

If that happens i'm gonna delete my characters and quit.

wizardstarr
12-21-2011, 12:58 AM
U better be sh**ting me mate. Excuse me i can't find another word. Are you crazy? Vanity enhancers?

If that happens i'm gonna delete my characters and quit.

:X never seen that side of you blind lol

Phantasm0162
12-21-2011, 01:03 AM
I like the vanity enhancer mentioned just my opinion tho

wizardstarr
12-21-2011, 01:15 AM
I like the vanity enhancer mentioned just my opinion.tho

I would to but then vanity wont mean anything anymore best to leave it as it is :)

*prays for x rays or skull helm next time I run in numa/biosphere* what!?!:D

I can dream can't I? :)

Cahaun
12-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Sorry but I disagree about the vanity elixer on your thread. I don't intend to be mean but that wouldn't exactly fix the vanity. That would say that only plat users'll get the vanities. (Plus they drop from everything, except us, so the 100% will be brutal lol)
Don't be so discouraged at making ideas. I've been in the same position a few times. :)

Blind
12-21-2011, 01:44 AM
I don't intend to be mean
I do -_-

hahah yeah wiz, it'd just be ridiculous if it happened, every single guy would be running with x rays lol.

Skeletonlord
12-21-2011, 02:15 AM
I like the teleportation enhancer idea. This could get added to the game!

Kinect
12-21-2011, 07:24 AM
I do -_-

hahah yeah wiz, it'd just be ridiculous if it happened, every single guy would be running with x rays lol.
yup.. you know only blind can have visors.. you know because hes blind..? visors.. agh forget it!
yeah dont worry i agree with u too..
wait 30 minutes of every single monster you kill dropping a vanity for 20 platinum would not set the vanity prices right...that would make them worse then trash.. you know how in auction and stuff the rarity goes from
trash--->common---->uncommon-----> rare ------> epic------> pink----- vanity? well vanity would then be below trash and it would sell like crafting items for 0 credits

Kahlua
12-21-2011, 07:47 AM
yup.. you know only blind can have visors.. you know because hes blind..? visors.. agh forget it!
yeah dont worry i agree with u too..
wait 30 minutes of every single monster you kill dropping a vanity for 20 platinum would not set the vanity prices right...that would make them worse then trash.. you know how in auction and stuff the rarity goes from
trash--->common---->uncommon-----> rare ------> epic------> pink----- vanity? well vanity would then be below trash and it would sell like crafting items for 0 credits

Well considering the odds of rolling a vanity are extremely low, I don't think this would effect prices all that much.

Lets say the odds are 1 in 10,000. If you get a 100% reroll, your odds of rerolling a vanity are still 1 in 10,000...you just get a second chance at rolling it. It's like killing 2 enemies at once.

Hans
12-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Hey.

Sorry but it is a really bad idear to make a Vanity Enhance.

Whats the feature of Vanitys? Yes ! Not every player have it, its really rare and flashy!
Nobody wanna destroy the magic of Vanitys.

The teleporting one.... hmm i think there is no need because u can join via friendlist. Why using a enhance? totally redundant.

See ya

Kahlua
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Hey.

Sorry but it is a really bad idear to make a Vanity Enhance.

Whats the feature of Vanitys? Yes ! Not every player have it, its really rare and flashy!
Nobody wanna destroy the magic of Vanitys.

The teleporting one.... hmm i think there is no need because u can join via friendlist. Why using a enhance? totally redundant.

See ya

Example: join a game late, everyone is at the boss. Boom - teleport to the boss.

Matutd
12-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Well considering the odds of rolling a vanity are extremely low, I don't think this would effect prices all that much.

Lets say the odds are 1 in 10,000. If you get a 100% reroll, your odds of rerolling a vanity are still 1 in 10,000...you just get a second chance at rolling it. It's like killing 2 enemies at once.
U didn't really think that through... Lol
Ur getting 1 in 10,000, but u get 2 goes...
So really it's 2 in 10,000 chance for every mob killed, simplify that down u get 1 in 5,000 chance :(
So that is kinda a HUGE difference :/

octavos
12-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes im ready for a vanity drop elix. But i believe the reason why they wont...

-PLAN A-
step 1. Vanity is rare right then we go and find it.
step 2. ppl find rare vanity and sell it for millions :p
step 3. ppl want vanity, so they use plat to buy credits
step 4. Wow thats all i get for credits, but i really want it.

finally, you spent lots of real money to buy your vanity...but think of it like this your supporting devs :D
**But i really love these ideas!! but i just stated, why it isn't logical. sorry.

-PLAN B-
well, its logical that they might just put all of them on DotD, so yea save your money and buy platinum :D

-WARNING-
anything like "lev cap items" in another forum will not hit DotD, as stated by samhayne but other things are not guaranteed not to be there soon
So if it does show up there dont go on a "rage war". This is a fair warning, so if you use vanities for profit. be carful. so in a year it might be there.

We're sorry you feel as you do. We can well understand. Hopefully I can help you better understand our reasons - which I hope, in some small way, might make you feel better.

You see, we daily hear from people who say, "Whoa, that's cool, how can I get it" or even "I'd pay 1,000 plat to get that". I'm sure you've heard similar things when you log in to Pocket Legends and hang out in town with some of your unique items on. "Where can I get that" "How did you get that" "Cool!" That's all part of what makes those items awesome, they are rare and exclusive.

The Deal of the Day is a way that we can offer people access to such items, but in a limited scope. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone purchases Deal of the Day items. Actually, far from it. However, it is still a significant way that we can fund our operation to bring you Humania (the next content expansion coming to Pocket Legends next year) or new features like new leaderboards (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46145-Leaderboards-Soliciting-Community-Thoughts), vanity closets and the ability to play on your browser. Also, by only allowing such items to be purchased over the 24 hours that the Deal of the Day runs, it's still pretty exclusive. Sure, you'll see some people with them on as they show off their latest acquisition, but a month from now, I doubt you'll see everyone and their brother running around with them on.

I can only ask for your understanding, even in part. Thanks as always, for choosing to spend your time playing Pocket Legends. We know the game is better because of your involvement.

Yours truly,
Samhayne

Kahlua
12-21-2011, 06:18 PM
U didn't really think that through... Lol
Ur getting 1 in 10,000, but u get 2 goes...
So really it's 2 in 10,000 chance for every mob killed, simplify that down u get 1 in 5,000 chance :(
So that is kinda a HUGE difference :/
no, YOU didn't think that through.
Each chance is independent of the other.
It's a 1 in 10,000 chance, followed by another 1 in 10,000 chance.

krazii
12-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Example: join a game late, everyone is at the boss. Boom - teleport to the boss.

Bingo!

Also, regarding the vanity enhancer, Kahlua is correct, it's a roll followed by another roll. Chances are so low now and prices are so insanely high, especially for some particular vanitys (xray's, mech helment, etc), that increasing the supply of them would help bring prices down to a reasonable level. Nothing should cost a million credits (IMHO). I don't think any more of or give any special credit to any of my friends who have these "special" vanitys. I'd just like to be able to get a better chance of getting one and I'm willing to bet STS would agree as this would be a BIG money maker for them. Right now, I view vanity's as a vast untapped income resource for STS, time for them to wake up and open the spigot!

PS: I think the only people who have a problem with this are those that have the uber vanity and don't want others to have it so they can feel elite!