PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still using OS 3.1.3 on an iPhone 3G

v5point0
07-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I haven't updated to 4.0 and I was wondering for those who have done so especially on an iPhone 3G, do you experience any problems? I know there is a noticeable slowdown since the 3G's hardware was originally designed for 2.0.

For those who haven't are you guys experiencing any problems?

Royce
07-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm on a 1st gen iPod touch, so am stuck with OS3, but so far so good... *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*

Jstizar
07-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I also have a 3g and my friends with a 3g that upgraded say it is noticeably slower with it.

v5point0
07-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I also have a 3g and my friends with a 3g that upgraded say it is noticeably slower with it.

Noticeably slower playing PL or in general. Leaving the OS at 3.1.3 is not such a good idea as well since Apple's iPhone server only signs the latest OS release. So say in the event that you try to restore your phone with 3.1.3, you will be screwed. I could be mistaken, but this was the case with the minor iterations.

Mr2hitk0
07-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Noticeably slower playing PL or in general. Leaving the OS at 3.1.3 is not such a good idea as well since Apple's iPhone server only signs the latest OS release. So say in the event that you try to restore your phone with 3.1.3, you will be screwed. I could be mistaken, but this was the case with the minor iterations.

Na u can restore 3.13.. you just cant restore TO 3.13.. what I mean is.. say you have ios4 and you try to downgrade it will try to connect to apple's server and it won't let you.. DO NOT UPGRADE TO ios4

Jstizar
07-20-2010, 11:47 PM

Noticeably slower in general, meaning it would be even slower when playing PL.

v5point0
07-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm on a 1st gen iPod touch, so am stuck with OS3, but so far so good... *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*

Na u can restore 3.13.. you just cant restore TO 3.13.. what I mean is.. say you have ios4 and you try to downgrade it will try to connect to apple's server and it won't let you.. DO NOT UPGRADE TO ios4

Noticeably slower in general, meaning it would be even slower when playing PL.

There goes my plans of upgrading. Let's hope PL keeps 3.1.3 on the supported list long enough till we have enough money to get our new mobile Apple hardware

Jstizar
07-21-2010, 01:14 AM
There goes my plans of upgrading. Let's hope PL keeps 3.1.3 on the supported list long enough till we have enough money to get our new mobile Apple hardware

Haha I have the money for the mobile hardware...Just not sure I want to purchase yet. I'm not exactly ecstatic about the iPhone 4g and can't decide If I should just wait it out till next summer.

v5point0
07-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Haha I have the money for the mobile hardware...Just not sure I want to purchase yet. I'm not exactly ecstatic about the iPhone 4g and can't decide If I should just wait it out till next summer.

There will always be something better in the future and its inevitable that what you buy today you will compare with the future releases. Why are you not excited about the iPhone 4, is it coz of the issues we have been hearing out lately?

Jstizar
07-21-2010, 08:38 AM
There will always be something better in the future and its inevitable that what you buy today you will compare with the future releases. Why are you not excited about the iPhone 4, is it coz of the issues we have been hearing out lately?

Well, the issues don't bother me so much, only about .55 percent of phones actually have the reception issues. Any other issue that is being talked about is happening to even less phones and is rare at best. Sure this was supposed to be Apples perfect product but I'm not really surprised lol. Even though Apple is now giving out free cases with the 4g to counteract the antenna problem present in a minority of the phones, I'm not excited to get a 4g because on September 30th they will stop giving away free cases and reevaluatue whether or not to continue with the case giving or just fix the phone. This prompts me to maybe wait until that decision, and if they decide to fix the phone, it will probably take a couple more months to get one and by that time I might as well wait until next summer. On the other hand they could just screw it and decide to keep giving out cases on September 30th which would mean I waited for nothing. Basically I'm not excited because at least to me, it isn't a cut and dry choice like it should be.

FluffNStuff
07-21-2010, 09:21 AM
I got the iPhone 4 and loving. Just let me say that playing Pocket Legends is night and day compared to 3G. If you had a 3GS, would say wait, as a lot of the great features I love about the 4 are already on the 3Gs (Multi Task, Hot Swap, Voice Control, speed) but if you are still on the 3G, ditch the dinosaur. (or if you can find a cheap one without a new contract, grab a 3GS)