PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand reporting now...

Urqui
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
A while ago a player was announcing free platinum through a website(SCAM!)
I reported him & kept doing what I was doing
Now I see this guy again announcing the same crap!?
http://i41.tinypic.com/e0kjld.jpg
I always thought these people were banned on the spot
What the hell...

p.s. Don't get suckered into getting free plat, that's impossible

Ayc2000
12-21-2011, 11:42 AM
They can't ban them right then and there, they probably haven't even gotten the email. I think it takes maybe a day or so for the ban to occur. The devs get a bunch of bans everyday so maybe they haven't gotten to yours yet

Cahaun
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Tell the guy out in town. Announce next to his text "Srry this guy is a scammer. There is no free plat at all (Don't be stupid)"

Skeletonlord
12-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Don't worry! The devs are usually really busy and can't just ban people. Email support about it could be an option to you

Samhayne
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM
I'll check what that guy is doing and if so, ban him right now.

The others are correct that it can take a day or so for us to get to reports, depending on the ticket load to our Support Team.

Thanks for the head's up!

Samhayne
12-21-2011, 11:56 AM
FYI... he was already banned.

LelouchX
12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
not realizing i wasn't really reporting properly, i pm'ed sam screenshots a few month ago (first time i reported anything) when someone made some inappropriate remarks to my female toon. he took care of it right away. i know things tend to take a little longer reporting through the support. i wonder if it is advised for these blatant types of things (like the scam you reported, or the sexual solicitation i received), to report it via PM to a dev. i know they are all busy though, i just feel some extremely serious violations of TOS are better dealt with sooner rather than later. feel free to ignore these ramblings of a madman, just thinking out loud and i gotta get back to work anyway.