PDA

View Full Version : Platinum user explained

flashbackflip
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
I've been reading 'plat/no plat leaderboards (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46197-Plat-users-and-No-Plat-Users-Leaderboards)' post recently and noticed some conceptual tension between platinum and non platinum users

I would like to add my point of view for this matter

Frankly speakin, we are all different here - some are 10 y.o. and spend all their holidays to smash scorns.. Others are 30 y.o. and spend their holidays with their kids

Some honorably grind and reach 41 with 100.000 kills, others honorably grind to 41 on enchancers scoring 20.000

But at the same time we ARE quite similar

The score difference doesn't mean that some 41s, with 23k killed can handle a toon worse than others 41s with 233k - after some quantity of runs we all know maps and enemies well, so the point is WE ALL ARE HARDCORE... LOL some, like Pablobobchan, are HARDEST-CORE;))

Personally, i'm 33; have wife and 4y.o. daughter; senior and responsible job; not so much time to grind, but i have a decent salary - so why not compensate time with cash? We all do so in real life when buying a milk carton, not going to countryside in search for a cow...

So, i use x3 xp or even x4 xp enchancers to lvl (but surely not all the time)
And i'm doin this lvling the fun way - running full-map runs, learning tactics and helping newbies
Does that make me a bad player? I guess not..
Does this make me a bad person? Definitely not

Peace ya all

P.S.
Don't forget, please, we all are on the same side!

Don't think 'VS.' - better think 'TOGETHER' (unless u r in 1-1 PvP session) ;))

Lazaras
12-21-2011, 11:54 AM
While I like the fact there is seperation between those who use enhancers vs those that don't (load up on stuff that lets you run faster, hit harder, etc is a huge advantage) I like your sintement that we need to not go all baww at eachother over who has and who hasn't or who's taking 'the easy way' and who's 'being a cheapskate.'

flashbackflip
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
those who use enhancers vs those that don't (load up on stuff that lets you run faster, hit harder, etc is a huge advantage)

Personally, i use these combat buffs only as 'daily free' and mostly when group suddenly separates as half of the ppl quits the map.. Or when running solo

Rittik
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry but i didnt meant to provide tension...All Players are respected and all are hardcores 40-41!...
I just wanted a different leaderboard stat...thats it :)

Fac3bon3s
12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
What I think happens is that some of the younger folk forget that the characters in the game are that. Just characters, with people behind them. People have feelings. And can some times get upset, be happy, and over react. What it comes down to is everyone has the freedom of choice. If we choose to spend our/others money on plat. We have that right. I am sorry some of you don't have the means to purchase plat. Just remember. The ability to purchase plat comes from some one working hard in real life to provide this.

I do what I can in game to help. By giving away excess inventory and answering questions. Try to do the same.

Nightarcher
12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I love platinum users! Some of my best PL/SL pals live by the stuff. They're hardcore too. ;)

--

But it's the Enhancer system I hate. Enhancers will always be an unneeded advantage in my mind, especially when it comes to luck. With this system, the people who can (or are willing to) buy more platinum are the people who will get the best drops with the greatest frequency. Having to grind 1/4 the time to level... I can live with that. But it's harder to see people rerolling every drop to get an Epic or Legendary item. Simply put... it's discouraging.

Rittik
12-21-2011, 01:39 PM
I love platinum users! Some of my best PL/SL pals live by the stuff. They're hardcore too. ;)

--

But it's the Enhancer system I hate. Enhancers will always be an unneeded advantage in my mind, especially when it comes to luck. With this system, the people who can (or are willing to) buy more platinum are the people who will get the best drops with the greatest frequency. Having to grind 1/4 the time to level... I can live with that. But it's harder to see people rerolling every drop to get an Epic or Legendary item. Simply put... it's discouraging.
I completely agree

PablobobChan
12-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I've been reading 'plat/no plat leaderboards (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46197-Plat-users-and-No-Plat-Users-Leaderboards)' post recently and noticed some conceptual tension between platinum and non platinum users

I would like to add my point of view for this matter

Frankly speakin, we are all different here - some are 10 y.o. and spend all their holidays to smash scorns.. Others are 30 y.o. and spend their holidays with their kids

Some honorably grind and reach 41 with 100.000 kills, others honorably grind to 41 on enchancers scoring 20.000

But at the same time we ARE quite similar

The score difference doesn't mean that some 41s, with 23k killed can handle a toon worse than others 41s with 233k - after some quantity of runs we all know maps and enemies well, so the point is WE ALL ARE HARDCORE... LOL some, like Pablobobchan, are HARDEST-CORE;))

Personally, i'm 33; have wife and 4y.o. daughter; senior and responsible job; not so much time to grind, but i have a decent salary - so why not compensate time with cash? We all do so in real life when buying a milk carton, not going to countryside in search for a cow...

So, i use x3 xp or even x4 xp enchancers to lvl (but surely not all the time)
And i'm doin this lvling the fun way - running full-map runs, learning tactics and helping newbies
Does that make me a bad player? I guess not..
Does this make me a bad person? Definitely not

Peace ya all

P.S.
Don't forget, please, we all are on the same side!

Don't think 'VS.' - better think 'TOGETHER' (unless u r in 1-1 PvP session) ;))

Lol thanks for mentioning me there. ;) Yep, I agree. In the end, we are all hardcore. :L Plat or no plat. ;D

Kanozaki
12-21-2011, 01:59 PM
agree completely , lets not try discriminating based on if they spend plat or not because remember, Plat runs this game.Behind all of the fancy gear is another human being just like you, be mindful of that. Lets try and make as fun of a gaming experience STS meant SL to be.
Kano.

LelouchX
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM
agree completely , lets not try discriminating based on if they spend plat or not because remember, Plat runs this game.
+1. If nobody bought plat, STS wouldn't be able to provide this game free to those who don't buy it. And personally,when i get home from a 10 hour work day and i have 2-3 hours to play (much less than many others play might i add), and some of that time is spent running a guild (with tons of help of course), i don't respond well to being criticized by people for using it to help me level. Not everyone who is "anti-lix" criticizes, some just don't like to use it, which is their choice. Others do however, and since i don't look down on people for NOT USING plat, i don't want to be looked down on for USING it.

With all that said....

Can't agree with you here. Any lix shortens the time it takes for anything, whether it is xp or gear. if i had an extra 5 hours a day to play, i could farm without the lix, but i don't. Me choosing to spend my hard earned money on something that will allow me to get gear so i can keep up with others who have time to farm this stuff for hours a day is my choice. STS would have gotten about $50 from me since i started playing their games if they didn't use the lix system, instead of the few hundred they have gotten. It was well said by kanozaki, plat pays the salary of the people who make this game, and that allows them to provide it free to those who either don't want to or don't have the means to get plat.

Nightarcher
12-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Can't agree with you here. Any lix shortens the time it takes for anything, whether it is xp or gear. if i had an extra 5 hours a day to play, i could farm without the lix, but i don't. Me choosing to spend my hard earned money on something that will allow me to get gear so i can keep up with others who have time to farm this stuff for hours a day is my choice. STS would have gotten about $50 from me since i started playing their games if they didn't use the lix system, instead of the few hundred they have gotten. It was well said by kanozaki, plat pays the salary of the people who make this game, and that allows them to provide it free to those who either don't want to or don't have the means to get plat.

Good points my friend. :)

I agree on one issue: paying. I'm fine with spending money on games, and I spent plenty on PL to unlock dungeons and content when it was first released. Vanities too are a nice thing to spend some plat on, as many look quite snazzy. However, the point I was making was that Platinum today is all about the advantages it can give you. In my mind, this is such a skewed idea, because what point is there to an MMO if you don't play it to show how good of a character you can create using skill, effort, and dedication?

Food for thought. :)

TheChairmaker
12-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Lol thanks for mentioning me there. ;) Yep, I agree. In the end, we are all hardcore. :L Plat or no plat. ;D
Uh huh, although you are obviously extremely hardcore. I look a bit pathetic in comparison. *holds up chart of Pablobobchann's xp gain versus Zakalwe's xp gain*

flashbackflip
12-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Sorry but i didnt meant to provide tension...All Players are respected and all are hardcores 40-41!...
I just wanted a different leaderboard stat...thats it :)

No offence, bro! I see your point clear! I just noticed this tension 'in the air', not in your post))

Slant
12-22-2011, 04:38 AM
hmm know many heavy plat users in the game, havent seen too many abuse it, but they have got rich, this has to do both with the elix and the auction slots, maybe they should stop calling the game free to play or balance the gap between plat users and non plat users.

the xp elix used 2x and 3x on 2 caps, and no elix for one cap, finished all with multis, they just look good and dont really help that much, grinding to cap is equally mind-numbing with and without elix, but thats just imo

I agree with Nightarcher's points, the miner's elix doesnt turn 5 hours of farming into 10 minutes of farming, more like 48 hours to 30 minutes for some areas... this is just waay too much... the old elix without the higher level locked drops did that, by giving two clean rolls across the board, the new elix just allows those with plat to get tons of credits, which means those not using plat will have a hard time earning the best in game gear and vans

flashbackflip
12-22-2011, 04:54 AM
the miner's elix doesnt turn 5 hours of farming into 10 minutes of farming, more like 48 hours to 30 minutes for some areas... this is just waay too much... the old elix without the higher level locked drops did that, by giving two clean rolls across the board, the new elix just allows those with plat to get tons of credits, which means those not using plat will have a hard time earning the best in game gear and vans

Maaaan! I've tried that stuff a couple of times, but surprisingly, it just gives you more TYPE VIII FLASHGUNS instead of random orange stuff.. LOL.. Actually, i got more purple drops without this 'miner's luck' than with it..

And as far as i understand, this elixir doesn't escalate chances of vanity.. Or does it?

Slant
12-22-2011, 04:59 AM
ok Im using Neutronic, Gallowtech and Iridium gear as an example - this is the level 20 twink gear and fetches decent prices at the market, without miners elix, 100 runs gave maybe 9-10 elite chests on Rockfall, and one of them maybe gave a green drop. So to get a compelete set, the figure was around 500 Runs. With miner's elix, you get a green item with every elite spawn, so thats basically two sets for every 100 runs. If you have alts, one sitting with the elix, and one clearing the map till an elite chest appears, you can stretch the miner's elix for about two days lol, good drop every 20 seconds - even better if you combine miners elix with speed elix

elix does not affect vans, in fact, elix basically means you wont be getting vans because your drops are locked to one level better

flashbackflip
12-22-2011, 05:32 AM
ok Im using Neutronic, Gallowtech and Iridium gear as an example - this is the level 20 twink gear and fetches decent prices at the market, without miners elix, 100 runs gave maybe 9-10 elite chests on Rockfall, and one of them maybe gave a green drop. So to get a compelete set, the figure was around 500 Runs. With miner's elix, you get a green item with every elite spawn, so thats basically two sets for every 100 runs. If you have alts, one sitting with the elix, and one clearing the map till an elite chest appears, you can stretch the miner's elix for about two days lol, good drop every 20 seconds - even better if you combine miners elix with speed elix

Wow! I'm feeling naive .. Lol

Never thought of this type of pro-farming. Thanks for sharing

My view of the process is going from the game enjoyment, not posession.. So i just go to promising levels like Dead-man's cave or Numa zones with or without luck elix and trying new pve tactics. Solo or helping dudes to lvl. Often get good drops of tech with or without elix..)

After all, the real hunt is vanity, right?)) and its chance is totally random

I like your ninjutsu though. Really pro style

P.S.
Maybe thats why i'm not that rich. But on the other hand, i feel broken only after new custom set.. in between i just spend cash on stims and that's not much

LelouchX
12-22-2011, 10:11 AM
because what point is there to an MMO if you don't play it to show how good of a character you can create using skill, effort, and dedication? Food for thought. :)
Many others say this in another way after you, but i picked this bc i feel it implies me spending 90% of my free time on this game, even if it is only 3 hours a night, means i'm not dedicated. Using plat doesn't make someone not dedicated. Ask any of my guildies how dedicated i am even though they only see me a few hours a day.

I agree with Nightarcher's points, the miner's elix doesnt turn 5 hours of farming into 10 minutes of farming, more like 48 hours to 30 minutes for some areas... this is just waay too much... the old elix without the higher level locked drops did that, by giving two clean rolls across the board, the new elix just allows those with plat to get tons of credits, which means those not using plat will have a hard time earning the best in game gear and vans
Also false. Guess how long it took me to get 1 legendary gun using the miner's luck? about 15 hours of farming. and i saw 2 people not using the miners luck lix get one before me. And i have barely any credits too. the 20k (which is not really a lot) that i have is ALL from selling crafting mats.

hmm know many heavy plat users in the game, havent seen too many abuse it, but they have got rich, this has to do both with the elix and the auction slots, maybe they should stop calling the game free to play or balance the gap between plat users and non plat users.

Also, in less than an hour on any given night that i chose to spend my time in this way, i have gotten 50 plat from FREE offers. You download an app, run it, then delete it. You can use this plat to buy some auction slots, or a couple miner elixers. It is FREE TO PLAY, you do not HAVE to buy plat.

Sorry, i'm very adamant about this stuff.

Lazaras
12-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Sadly these free offers are not useable for Chrome users (even facebook liking is a no-go since there's no way to link your game account to facebook.)

Do intend on dropping money after the holiday silly is over with to get a few basics like a second char slot, more inventory space, stash space, things like that.

Walkhardd
12-22-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm 25 years old, married with a young daughter..I work 50-70 hours a week, and simply dont have the time to grind like the kiddos..the only way I can realistically get to cap, is by loading up on plat..I make a pretty good living, so I'm not spending the"milk money" on it (maybe the beer money tho : o) players like me make this game free for you :)... Just my 2 c

Lazaras
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Trust me when I say I appreciate it. After all they didn't have to go with the freemium model and could've gone pay to play.