PDA

View Full Version : suggestion: Give Officers the ability to promote or demote guild members

Skeletonlord
12-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey guys. Was in game just now, and jus thought of an idea. How about STS let officers promote or demote other guild members as well as invite. I constantly keep going to the guild list to find I can't promote members, since I am an officer for the guild.
What do you think of this idea? I know someof you may disagree, but some may agree. Post your thoughts on this thread and I'll get back to you.

Veoveoveo
12-21-2011, 03:11 PM
I kind of agree with you...:

Our GM, hasn't been on for a few weeks, due to some problems. Some guild members had left, but most did not. One person, I really wanted to promote because of his generosity and loyalty. I met him in Balefort... and I had forgotten officers can't promote.

However, if this happens, what's the point of being a GM? I don't think the GM could do anything else members could.

Maybe the GM could have an option, let officers promote too.

Piosidon
12-21-2011, 03:17 PM
I think the better solution is to just make co-guildmasters. The maximum a guild can have could be 3 (not including original guild master)

vulgarstrike
12-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I think there needs to be a tier in-between officer and guildmaster.

Additionally, the tiers should have hierarchical powers.
Officers should be able to assign people recruiters, guildmasters assigns officers, etc. Of course, all power is inherited as the pyramid goes up.

Redbridge
12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm not part of a fully functioning guild but I can understand for larger guilds how the current restrictions could cause a few logistical issues.

Create a new teir maybe? Guild Owner... All Guild Masters get promoted to Guild Owner and the new Guild Master posts can do everything except sell the guild? Number of Guild Masters would be restricted to 1-3 to prevent/limit pressure on Guild Owners to fill these posts with 'unreliables'

Still not certain it's a vital need for guilds but I do think there are several 'improvements' that are essential for the development of guilds... This extra rank, guild bank, guild stash, etc

EDIT: Ninja'd by Vulgarstrike.....lol