PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to Rant a bit.

YYZ????
12-21-2011, 04:54 PM
There have been many decisions made by STS that players have had issue with.

The players seem to be vocal about both praise and criticism.

Our negative comments usually come via the forum. Lots of ranting, raging, quitting etc.

Our praise comes in many forms. One is via the forum where we can let the devs know we like what they do. Another is voting, like on mashable. We can also praise by liking on facebook, following on twitter, etc. but the most important way we can thank the devs is by buying plat.

I have done all of the positives, including baking a cake for PL's birthday which I shared with a classroom of 8th graders. I carved a pumpkin depicting a PL character, which I shared with the neighborhood. I liked both games on FB, follow on twitter, shared with many friends, and most importantly bought plat.

Hopefully that is enough praise/positivity to allow me to share some criticism.

Most of this has been shared by others, this is just my take/opinion.

Plat elixir generation. By promoting and discounting plat elixirs. The game seems overrun with high lvl players that still have not learned team dynamics. To me nothing better than a well equipped team with players that know their roles & skills. This type of play is becoming harder to find.

2nd Halloween & 2nd Winter Fest.
2nd Halloween was to me a complete debacle. Not being able to host games led to alot of problems.

2nd Winter fest - pay for instance?
Lucky for me I did not buy until I read the details on forums. I did end up buying a couple runs to get the quests but since I paid plat, and did not want someone stealing my one boss chance I solo'd both maps.*

At one point in time I remember STS wanting to make PL more of a team game. Recent decisions are clearly contrary to that.

"Deal of the Day" (dotd)

Putting previous quest items up on the dotd just seems wrong. I had to kill 200 snowmen to get my snowman helm, (400 for 2). Now players just need to pony up some plat. I am all for offering previous plat items like big luck. But quest items! Where does it stop? I want cyber gear for 50 plat!

Ok, that is enough complaining.

My Christmas wish is for the devs to react to recent problems by making well thought out, long term decisions. I have been playing for over a year and feel if they make decisions based on obtaining new players and keeping old we will all benefit.

Pandar
12-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi YYZ!

Thank you for your post. We've received a lot of feedback over the last week or so about exactly the things you mentioned. The team has taken all of the feedback very seriously and apologizes for the way some things were messaged. They will be taking everything into consideration as we plan to launch some incredible new content in 2012!