PDA

View Full Version : Basic Guide on how to play as an Operative

Silentarrow
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
First things first, you are the Damage Dealer of the team. Don't run around like you're invincible because... You're not! You're as fragile as an egg!! Stay behind you're tank at the start of each mob and always be ready to use stimpacks!

At the start of each mob you should be,
-Behind your comando(s)
-Next to your engineer

After the initial pull is done
-Wait for your engineer to use their buffs
-Find the mobs most threating AI (Note: Do NOT pick the tanks, I usually pick the mobs DPS and healers)
-Activate Buffs

Once combat starts
-Use lurch to get your threating target away from your teamates corner the AI into a wall and let them hae it! Make sure you are not surrounded! Multiple AI's against you will result in a death!

After your target is dead...
-Repeat, single out your next target and seperate tem from the rest of the battle.

When mob is dead,
-Get back next to your engineer, he is your life line.

Some examples of singling out a target

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/970a29e2.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Silentarrowszz/ab66fb7f.jpg

Notice how I am away from the rest od the mob.

How to identify the modt threating mob.
-This is mostly common sence! DPS, healing, and heavy damage mobs should be your target! I usually target them in this order.
1)Heavy Damage
2)Healing
3)DPS

I hope this serves some use :).

Ardon
12-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Snipers haha gotta love killing them.
Good guide btw. Simple, yet sends the point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

flashbackflip
12-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Nice one, though i'm not totally agree on some parts of it like 'no running around'..

Also, imo, snipers are not the most threat on Voleria. Purple scorn engies who push yo teammates to mines are, i think..

Seems like the time for my own guide is coming)))

Anishavie
12-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Good guide

Btw the purple scorn is my worst enemy not the sniper. I only got shot by the sniper two times in my life.

But the purple scorn have caused me to hit mines and knocks me down and doesn't give me enough time to heal

Kanozaki
12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
great guide , ops have to remember not to mindlessly spam skills ,

Ardon
12-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Good guide

Btw the purple scorn is my worst enemy not the sniper. I only got shot by the sniper two times in my life.

But the purple scorn have caused me to hit mines and knocks me down and doesn't give me enough time to heal

Ops don't trigger mines.
Are you an eng or com?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Anishavie
12-29-2011, 12:36 AM
My main is engi

I even pressed skills in the wrong order on my op because i am to used to the engi

Slant
12-29-2011, 12:57 AM
ops can prevent purple scorn from deploying those force shields

Kiyoko
01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Thank u very much :) Great guide BTW... only one problem, when I use lurch and they fall back my auto attack stops. Should I chase after them or let them regroup??....or will that result in them surrounding me and getting me killed?

Silentarrow
01-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Thank u very much :) Great guide BTW... only one problem, when I use lurch and they fall back my auto attack stops. Should I chase after them or let them regroup??....or will that result in them surrounding me and getting me killed?

Don't let them regroup, turn your auto attack back on and let him have it! :)