PDA

View Full Version : I have a question regarding hitboxes in pvp

InsanitrisesAL
09-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Alright so obviously this only applies to your basic attack because skills auto target , is it possible that says wars might be picking up mana packs when otherwise the other 2 classes would have due to warriors having a larger hitbox than the other 2 classes ?

Spooked
09-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Either i can't read or you formulated it wrong but whats the exact question?

InsanitrisesAL
09-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Either i can't read or you formulated it wrong but whats the exact question?

Well I'm perfect English hehe , my question is : would it be possible that wars can pick up mana packs even when the other 2 classes step on the pack first in PvP due to warriors having a larger hitbox than the other classes , it seems so sometimes

Faotblack
09-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Alright so obviously this only applies to your basic attack because skills auto target , is it possible that says wars might be picking up mana packs when otherwise the other 2 classes would have due to warriors having a larger hitbox than the other 2 classes ?The hitboxes must be same for all classes or...am I wrong?

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

InsanitrisesAL
09-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Stupidity rises

Your calling me stupid because I tried to actively make my guild better by recruiting you , and even complimented your PvP

InsanitrisesAL
09-13-2019, 03:32 PM
The hitboxes must be same for all classes or...am I wrong?

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Larger characters usually have bigger hit boxes than smaller ones in game , if not always if I'm correct . but I'm unsure whether the hitbox is scaled differently for attacks and items pick up range

BaronB
09-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Your calling me stupid because I tried to actively make my guild better by recruiting you , and even complimented your PvP . your the retard

There is a term that’s used when you try to lure people away from their current respective guild/group/workplace etc... that term is known as

“Poaching”

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190913/ff2f047bad0355079b006b2c7b2c2752.jpg

Hope that screenshot helps so you’re not mistaken into thinking I’m talking about eggs when I say you were trying to poach not recruit ^.^

An because it’s a pretty low and sneaky along with frowned upon to usually do so might also explain where some of the disgruntlement might be coming from?

Agony Uncle Bs services are free tho don’t worry ;)

1 <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaronB
09-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Alright so obviously this only applies to your basic attack because skills auto target , is it possible that says wars might be picking up mana packs when otherwise the other 2 classes would have due to warriors having a larger hitbox than the other 2 classes ?

And I would imagine each items has its own hit box area and whoever enters that area first gets the pick up, and each persons area size is the same so it’s a matter of who gets it first but if a skill draws a char into a items hitbox before other players get in there then the pickup goes to that person so I might be behind u running for mana pack but if Gale pushes me ahead and might seem we both got there same time but game picks up I used skill to get there before you reached there...

And that’s an absolute half educated guess and could be completely wrong [emoji23]

1<3

Futumsh
09-13-2019, 03:50 PM
All player classes have the same radius for collision / combat purposes.

Fearrr
09-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Lmao I swear this dude makes a Pvp War Hate Thread every other week smh. Stay tuned for his next thread lel 😂

Razererxx
09-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Lmao I swear this dude makes a Pvp War Hate Thread every other week smh. Stay tuned for his next thread lel ��

Guy literally just asked a question.Politely.

Fearrr
09-13-2019, 04:38 PM
Guy literally just asked a question.Politely.
He has a bunch of these types of threads about Wars and Pvp. But hey your right though! I was being funny.... I'm Retired from pvp anyways.
And you quote me but not Ares? Lol ok....

|Ares|
09-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Your calling me stupid because I tried to actively make my guild better by recruiting you , and even complimented your PvP . your the retard

And you're* wondering why am I even going out with stupidity.

Razererxx
09-13-2019, 05:33 PM
He has a bunch of these types of threads about Wars and Pvp. But hey your right though! I was being funny.... I'm Retired from pvp anyways.
And you quote me but not Ares? Lol ok....

You have brain.He doesnt.Thats why.

InsanitrisesAL
09-14-2019, 04:46 PM

So now you call me brainless for asking questions I don't know the answer to . your heartless

InsanitrisesAL
09-14-2019, 05:01 PM
There is a term that’s used when you try to lure people away from their current respective guild/group/workplace etc... that term is known as

“Poaching”

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190913/ff2f047bad0355079b006b2c7b2c2752.jpg

Hope that screenshot helps so you’re not mistaken into thinking I’m talking about eggs when I say you were trying to poach not recruit ^.^

An because it’s a pretty low and sneaky along with frowned upon to usually do so might also explain where some of the disgruntlement might be coming from?

Agony Uncle Bs services are free tho don’t worry ;)

1 <3

However me guild recruiting may be frowned upon I can 100% garuntee at least one member from all the top lb Guilds have tried stealing my members as well . another thing I only ally with guild masters I know , and your definition does not describe my recruiting method , frowned upon is not the same as illegal , I'm pretty sure that term compares people to wild game , I get your point but bad context XD however I feel it is still invalid because my way of recruiting is in no way unfair because I don't use bribes like most other rich masters btw , and I'm not keeping my recruiting secretive due to it being against any laws (tos) or customs . ty :)

InsanitrisesAL
09-14-2019, 05:04 PM

Double reply , last one was xsend I'm eyeless XD not brainless

BaronB
09-14-2019, 05:31 PM
However me guild recruiting may be frowned upon I can 100% garuntee at least one member from all the top lb Guilds have tried stealing my members as well . another thing I only ally with guild masters I know , and your definition does not describe my recruiting method , frowned upon is not the same as illegal , I'm pretty sure that term compares people to wild game , I get your point but bad context XD however I feel it is still invalid because my way of recruiting is in no way unfair because I don't use bribes like most other rich masters btw , and I'm not keeping my recruiting secretive due to it being against any laws (tos) or customs . ty :)

So what you’ve basically said is because other people do it, you might as well do it yourself ?

Let’s hope you don’t ever come across a herd of people about to jump off a bridge eh [emoji28][emoji2357]

That’s also not MY definition... that’s THE definition bud..

I did also highlight the “to acquire in a unfair or clandestine way” and not the illegal part :)

An by all means letting a player know you’d be interested in having them join you is fair game... repeatedly trying to convince them to do so is what would be frowned upon and bad practice ^.^

But hey each to their own and always interesting to see and find out about different peoples levels of standards ^.^

|Ares|
09-14-2019, 05:51 PM

Problem with you recruiting the people appears when they say that they're not interested after 2-3 times and then you're coming up with "you're retarded" or "you wouldn't change anything in guild anyway". Those are the things after the "We could use some pros".
Ciao

Razererxx
09-14-2019, 06:40 PM
So now you call me brainless for asking questions I don't know the answer to . your heartless

By brainless i meant Ares not you lol

InsanitrisesAL
09-14-2019, 11:34 PM
So what you’ve basically said is because other people do it, you might as well do it yourself ?

Let’s hope you don’t ever come across a herd of people about to jump off a bridge eh [emoji28][emoji2357]

That’s also not MY definition... that’s THE definition bud..

I did also highlight the “to acquire in a unfair or clandestine way” and not the illegal part :)

An by all means letting a player know you’d be interested in having them join you is fair game... repeatedly trying to convince them to do so is what would be frowned upon and bad practice ^.^

But hey each to their own and always interesting to see and find out about different peoples levels of standards ^.^

If someone can be easily convinced to join without promise of money then they probably weren't in a good guild to begin with

BaronB
09-14-2019, 11:53 PM
If someone can be easily convinced to join without promise of money then they probably weren't in a good guild to begin with

100%

1<3

Chronox
09-15-2019, 05:00 AM
DAAMMMN insanityrises back at it again with another useless thread. Just fyi u did try to poach me from my guild and when i told you no you became very toxic. Just stop, your guild isnt that precious. [emoji106][emoji112][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

InsanitrisesAL
09-15-2019, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=Chronox;3032175]DAAMMMN insanityrises back at it again with another useless thread. Just fyi u did try to poach me from my guild and when i told you no you became very toxic. Just stop, your guild isnt that precious. [emoji106][emoji112][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk[/QUOTE ofc cause you insulted me and my guild , and I saw your stats you don't even meet our requirements so what are you talking about XD

InsanitrisesAL
09-15-2019, 07:49 AM
100%

1<3

And yes I do think since almost everyone on al has done it at some point It justifies me recruiting how I do now , otherwise I would have to work even harder to rise ranks oppossed to guilds who recruit high quality members from other guild :3

Thexkid
09-15-2019, 08:07 AM
How much would you pay me to join?
Joking ;P
-Boa

Chronox
09-15-2019, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=Chronox;3032175]DAAMMMN insanityrises back at it again with another useless thread. Just fyi u did try to poach me from my guild and when i told you no you became very toxic. Just stop, your guild isnt that precious. [emoji106][emoji112][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk[/QUOTE ofc cause you insulted me and my guild , and I saw your stats you don't even meet our requirements so what are you talking about XDFirst off, your stats are trash, you do not compare to me, you do not even have the basic skill set to be a rogue, you do not even know how to wall snipe, *how did he shoot me behind a wall* smh, nerf ebon nerf this nerf that, learn to play or nerf your attitude. I never insulted you, im not a kid who goes around with a big ego like yourself, you deliberately tried to steal me by saying ur guild is better and when i said no you became so toxic and even told your trash members to trash talk me as well, dont compare yourself to me or anyone else kid, kitty cats cant walk with lions :3 im more than qualified to join your guild but i choose not too becuz its filled with egotistical nubs, i was invited to the top guild but i declined, im more interested in the small family guild my spouse owns :*
Have a blessed one

InsanitrisesAL
09-15-2019, 09:14 AM
How much would you pay me to join?
Joking ;P
-Boa

I wouldn't pay you cause its not right but you are op enough XD

InsanitrisesAL
09-15-2019, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=InsanitrisesAL;3032208]First off, your stats are trash, you do not compare to me, you do not even have the basic skill set to be a rogue, you do not even know how to wall snipe, *how did he shoot me behind a wall* smh, nerf ebon nerf this nerf that, learn to play or nerf your attitude. I never insulted you, im not a kid who goes around with a big ego like yourself, you deliberately tried to steal me by saying ur guild is better and when i said no you became so toxic and even told your trash members to trash talk me as well, dont compare yourself to me or anyone else kid, kitty cats cant walk with lions :3 im more than qualified to join your guild but i choose not too becuz its filled with egotistical nubs, i was invited to the top guild but i declined, im more interested in the small family guild my spouse owns :*
Have a blessed one

First off I'm a 10 k armor rogue , you did insult me and you are a man child . also I would have never insulted you first , go drink spoiled grog so you have more to speak out your trash hole . I've done nothing but ask a question and I already got my answer so you trying to fabricate a story and get media attention was useless , just like your PvP skills

BaronB
09-15-2019, 09:40 AM
And yes I do think since almost everyone on al has done it at some point It justifies me recruiting how I do now , otherwise I would have to work even harder to rise ranks oppossed to guilds who recruit high quality members from other guild :3

Well if it makes you feel any better I for one personally have never done any sort of underhanded or shady recruitment. I’ve made my interest in particular people known in the past whilst I was first building the guild but my philosophy is my doors are always open for when you want to join or even if you wanted to leave.

I don’t actually even go around encouraging recruitment and heck the other day I hadn’t even realised the guild had gone up in ranks until you had told me congratulations in game... [emoji23][emoji2357]

But you see you’ve just admitted it yourself if you didn’t do anything underhanded you would have to work even harder for it.. and you say that like it’s a bad thing =\

Majority of the so called pros I even have in HS were all nothing but silly nabs once upon a time and with hard work and a lot of time they’ve transformed in to some of the coolest most capable and humblest group of nabs I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting!

I can promise you without a shadow of any doubt you’d find it more satisfying and you’d feel more proud the more effort you put into it from the start rather than trying to use every shortcut just for the sake of getting on a leaderboard instead.

1<3

InsanitrisesAL
09-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Well if it makes you feel any better I for one personally have never done any sort of underhanded or shady recruitment. I’ve made my interest in particular people known in the past whilst I was first building the guild but my philosophy is my doors are always open for when you want to join or even if you wanted to leave.

I don’t actually even go around encouraging recruitment and heck the other day I hadn’t even realised the guild had gone up in ranks until you had told me congratulations in game... [emoji23][emoji2357]

But you see you’ve just admitted it yourself if you didn’t do anything underhanded you would have to work even harder for it.. and you say that like it’s a bad thing =\

Majority of the so called pros I even have in HS were all nothing but silly nabs once upon a time and with hard work and a lot of time they’ve transformed in to some of the coolest most capable and humblest group of nabs I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting!

I can promise you without a shadow of any doubt you’d find it more satisfying and you’d feel more proud the more effort you put into it from the start rather than trying to use every shortcut just for the sake of getting on a leaderboard instead.

1<3

I never said it would be morally bad , but there are also a few things that make it harder nowadays to even have a nice account , much less find them to recruit , unfortunately PvP isn't at its best right now and 1 mil pve kills is pretty far out of reach to 99% of the people in arcane legends , most of these accounts are in the top 5 guilds

BaronB
09-15-2019, 10:13 AM
I never said it would be morally bad , but there are also a few things that make it harder nowadays to even have a nice account , much less find them to recruit , unfortunately PvP isn't at its best right now and 1 mil pve kills is pretty far out of reach to 99% of the people in arcane legends , most of these accounts are in the top 5 guilds

They say the grass isn’t always greener on the other side..

But if you put the hard work in to make your “field” bloom to the best it can be.. it becomes natural find new flocks coming and visiting your green grasses [emoji6]

1<3

Chronox
09-15-2019, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Chronox;3032224]

First off I'm a 10 k armor rogue , you did insult me and you are a man child . also I would have never insulted you first , go drink spoiled grog so you have more to speak out your trash hole . I've done nothing but ask a question and I already got my answer so you trying to fabricate a story and get media attention was useless , just like your PvP skills10k armor? Thats so 3 months back, u need more armor, besides im a pvp player since 41 xD nice try but yea you do insult ppl first becuz u think your better but ima let you think what u think you know becuz obviously you dont know. Need attention on social media? Sweety dont put me in the same category as you, i dont need other ppls approval to feel valid :*

But imma let you stay mad withcho self, reply if you want too, it just proves my point that you are pathetic and egotistical :D i wont reply tho, just gonna read and laugh muhahaha

picklewickles
09-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Alright so obviously this only applies to your basic attack because skills auto target , is it possible that says wars might be picking up mana packs when otherwise the other 2 classes would have due to warriors having a larger hitbox than the other 2 classes ?I think it depends on the skill i think the windmill (sorcerer) has a hitbox just as large as the hammer skill for warrior and i think the bow (rogue) is the same as lightning (sorcerer) this is just a example there are probably other skills that have the same hitbox so what i think is there are different types and sizes of hitboxes in this game

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

|Ares|
09-16-2019, 10:36 AM
I think it depends on the skill i think the windmill (sorcerer) has a hitbox just as large as the hammer skill for warrior and i think the bow (rogue) is the same as lightning (sorcerer) this is just a example there are probably other skills that have the same hitbox so what i think is there are different types and sizes of hitboxes in this game

You talk about ranges, not hitboxes.

picklewickles
09-16-2019, 10:38 AM
You talk about ranges, not hitboxes.No i mean for example bow can only hit one target and so does lightning and wind skill of sorcerer can hit multiple players and so does the hammer skill

|Ares|
09-16-2019, 12:50 PM
No i mean for example bow can only hit one target and so does lightning and wind skill of sorcerer can hit multiple players and so does the hammer skill

That's not what hitbox mean. Hitbox is an invisible-like area around your character that when penetrated it counts as hit by the source of damage. What you are trying to present is range or the skill destination hit process where depend on the skill itself and its properties it will deal/hit certain amount of targets.

Caielab
09-16-2019, 06:47 PM
Alright so obviously this only applies to your basic attack because skills auto target , is it possible that says wars might be picking up mana packs when otherwise the other 2 classes would have due to warriors having a larger hitbox than the other 2 classes ?Uhm not being able to grab a mana pack might be due to your ping.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

Remiem
09-17-2019, 02:53 AM
Closed to prevent drama.