PDA

View Full Version : [CONTEST] Design-a-gogo!

ninjaduck
12-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi guys! I recently bought a RapMan 3D printer, and decided to integrate it with you guys into a contest! The printer itself is a RapMan 1.3 3D printer. It took me approx. 40-45 hours to build the thing, and I am VERY relieved that its working, it cost around £1200. I have experimented alot with it already, Ive made a deadmau5 head with it (FTW).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now for the contest, basically, I need some print ideas to test with. All you have to do is download a program called Alibre, and get designing. the interface is pretty simple, but there are some tricky bits with mirroring etc. I understand there may be the odd architect or whatnot among us, so I will be ecstatic to see what you come up with!

All you need to do is make the file itself, save it as an STL file, and upload it here!

Thre are many tutorials on YouTube on how to create these files, so don't hesitate to do some research!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prizes!

Winner gets 30k credits!

Have fun!

The Contest ends on New Years Day! Which is 1st of January to all those hibernators out there :P
------------------------------------------------------------
If I have missed anything out, dont hesitate to tell me!

ninjaduck
12-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Reserved!

By the way, this is a half-finished deadmau5 head. It is now finished but this is an example of what you can do! This is about the size of your fist and the estimated time to print is about 40 minutes. It was originally meant to be a keychain.

http://www.shapeways.com/openfile/326597/326597.v0.s16.convert.large.jpg

This is originally meant to be the Thomas Helmet from Daft Punk, but i guess it looks a tiiiiiiiiiiiny bit like an xray visor! :D. It doesnt look that real because of overhang problems and such, enjoy! This is about the same size as a coffee cup, and it took 3 hours to print, and then about 5 hours for me to paint T-T

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwj5_3SawHzS4O2EVShw8_vZrIo7kWL 6rEQ82isyXo5NgAzkHfnOjv9MMK

Barrington
12-22-2011, 09:03 AM
you did kinda miss out on the fact that the full version of the software costs $200

but there is a 30 day trial version available

now downloading expect a design in maybe an hour

Slant
12-22-2011, 09:08 AM
oh wow this is a really good contest, im going to get to it :)

ninjaduck
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM
oh wow this is a really good contest, im going to get to it :)

Thanks for the support bro! :)

you did kinda miss out on the fact that the full version of the software costs $200

but there is a 30 day trial version available

now downloading expect a design in maybe an hour

Thanks ALOT for pointing this out. Yes there is a 30 Day trial version of the software that is adecquate enough for the job.

I would thank you but Im maxed :P

ninjaduck
12-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Heres the deadmau5 print test version.

This one kinda failed again because of overhang issues. Took about 30 minutes to print!

Rodvik
12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
heres the deadmau5 print test version.

This one kinda failed again because of overhang issues. Took about 30 minutes to print!

omg ninjaduck! You killed mickey mouse! Why god why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninjaduck
12-22-2011, 05:37 PM
heres the deadmau5 print test version.

omg ninjaduck! You killed mickey mouse! Why god why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its deadmau5 not mickey mouse lol. (look him up)

Rodvik
12-22-2011, 05:51 PM

omg ninjaduck! You kill deadmau5! Why god why!

ninjaduck
12-22-2011, 06:26 PM

omg ninjaduck! You kill deadmau5! Why god why!

How? That was a test version and the Polypropylene was too hot so it binded in certain places. Also deadmau5 is already dead..... sooo... YOUR HEAD IS BROWKUN YOU NEED TO EET SUM MOAR FASH!

Asavadale
12-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Omg That would be sooooooo Cool if Sl Made a Deadmau5 Vanity helm!!! :)

Fac3bon3s
12-23-2011, 10:24 PM
OMG Asa lives on the forums. Also deadmau5 is a favourite of mine. Not a fan of his music. I just like the way he rolls. Shameless and larger than life. Plus he is Canadian and so am I.

ninjaduck
12-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Bump.

We need entries guys :(

Slant
12-24-2011, 09:27 AM
im working on mine

ninjaduck
12-24-2011, 12:48 PM
im working on mine

Good to hear it!

Slant
12-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Hello! Im using Alibre Design Professional lol, Im sure Im doing something wrong is this the right software or is there another one?

edit: lol nvm, figured it out, thought there was an add on app or soemthing for repman 3d printer, and was stuck in draw in 2D, theres a spaceship and/or some abstract shapes coming up

ninjaduck
12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Its the right software Slant.

More entries come on!

ninjaduck
12-31-2011, 05:38 AM
Alright I give up. You cant have a contest without entries. :(