PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS IT - Greatest Xmas Special of ALL TIME

Bronxman2012
12-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Hello, all:

Thank so much for getting your votes in. The choices you see below made it to the CHAMPIONSHIP round.

Please pick the winner.

First, in the green corner...

He's nasty
His heart's an empty hole...
And after 53 years, he's had it up to here with Christmas.

The one...
The only...

The Grinch!

And in this corner of Bedford Falls

He's in a town he can't leave...
He's doubting his value in life...
He asks himself what would have happened if he had never been born...
AND FINDS OUT!!!

He's stressed to the max...
And he don't know the facts...

The one...
The only...

George Bailey!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

VERSUS

It's a Wonderful Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The deadline is midnight, Thursday, December 22 (that's tonight), so get your picks in NOW!!!

LelouchX
12-22-2011, 02:13 PM
charlie brown christmas, hands down

dugantale
12-22-2011, 02:29 PM
The grinch!!

FluffNStuff
12-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I would like to start by plugging Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN41NQA8Rfc) as usual.
And now for the Decision. WOW, THIS ONE IS TOUGH!!!
First, I would like to ensure everyone we are talking about the old animated version with Boris Karloff, and not the movie with Jim Carrey. As to the movie with Jim Carrey, well: The three words I would use to describe it are Stink, Stank Stunk. Hell, I would not touch that movie with a 39 and a half foot pole, and if given the chance, I would vote for a seasick crocodile over that movie.
I can't even base my decision on number of times watched, because cmon, I have seen these both SOOOO many times. I have personal memories relating to both of these movies, so that might help.
Grinch: I remember watching this one night when I heard the 'fire trucks' (not a bad thing). In our burb, at Christmas, a fire truck would come around to all the neighborhoods and toss out candy. As nights go for a kid, that was one of the best.
Wonderful Life: The first time I saw this was the colorized version on TV. It was on 'A LOT' and I discovered it one Christmas season and was always trying to watch the whole thing. I tried taping it, but never seemed to get it right (removing commercials back then was a very active process). Then Christmas Eve, I was taping it, and also watching it (trying to remove commercials) when it was time to open presents (Yes, we open on Christmas Eve, which disgusts my current GF), and I kept delaying the family so I could finally get a GOOD taping. So after delaying the family for almost an hour, we went to open presents. One of them was listed as from 'Clarence'. I opened it, and it was of course It's a Wonderful Life! My Dad started laughing at that point, because he did not want to tell me while I was going crazy trying to tape, and he had actually bought it for me much earlier in the month, before I even DISCOVERED the show!

OK, That settles it, because of my Dad, I will put my vote for It's a Wonderful Life. In fact, my favorite movie of all time is Unforgiven, which in itself is an amazing movie, but what puts it over the top is I saw it with him.

*My Father IS still alive, in case you were wondering.

ninjaduck
12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Grinch all the way <3

Nick41324
12-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I pick this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y

Tvis
12-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Grinch

Bronxman2012
12-22-2011, 03:41 PM
For the record, we are most definitely NOT talking about the putrid Jim Carrey version.