PDA

View Full Version : Forum Promotion Idea?

Buddyf97
12-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Let's face it, THE FORUMS ARE DEAD! We need a way to get players exposed the the great community known as the forums.

If we were to have more players on the forums we can have...
More player run contests
An easily accessible way to communicate with friends and others on PL
More forum activity
More great times on the forums!

I think we should add a NPC in a towne and it says make a forum account. Then it says send a private message to ______ with the name of one of your characters to receive a new vanity! Simple and will draw many new people to the forums!
How does this sound?!

XghostzX
12-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Great idea! Also, when you see players asking for help, give them tips and direct them in the direction of the forums.

YYZ????
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
I think this is a great idea!

Any way to promote the forums will help gameplay & the whole community. Giving a "Forum" vanity would definately encourage.

How to implement would be another issue.

Matutd
12-22-2011, 07:27 PM
How to implement would be another issue.
It's already been done :D when u press menu, sometimes a little banner appears that says something like "hang out with us" and it's a direct link to the forum :)

YYZ????
12-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Sorry if I was not clear. I was referring to implementation of how to get the vanity.

Matutd
12-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Ahh haha, sorry :)

Buddyf97
12-22-2011, 08:08 PM
We gotta thnx from a moderator! Thats a good start! And the vanities will be given just like the red antennas were given out back when there was the haiku contest. It seemed very productive and i got vanity within minutes of sending my pm!

Skeletonlord
12-23-2011, 03:31 AM
this is an awesome idea! +1 to you!

Arterra
12-23-2011, 04:16 AM
until you can post messages in the forum from within the game, I shall keep dreaming with you.

/general [title] [message]

too bad we have such short message length restrictions...

Buddyf97
12-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback! Anybody have an idea to take this a step farther and get some more dev attention?

Skeletonlord
12-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback! Anybody have an idea to take this a step farther and get some more dev attention?

Firstly, private message Samhayne, who will alert the other devs, and tell him to look at this thread.