PDA

View Full Version : Maxing out Revive?

Dazamo
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
I would like everyone's thoughts on this. I have the 616 build with a couple points in some damage skills.

I am wasting points in pain I think. It appears to be pointless after 1 point. Wither also seems to not be worthwhile either. The bosses seem to not be affected by future pulses of the skill. They usually dodge them it looks like.

Since revive levels decrease the mana spent, and it has the hidden buff for regen I think it should be maxed out so it costs nothing to spend to spam it.

Any ideas or comments?

Silentarrow
12-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't think it is worth putting points into, unless you have your other seven skills maxed already.

Upgrading revive also increases its range :).

Epic Unicorns!
12-22-2011, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't personally. Put two points into meditate for crowd control, and a couple into wither and pain. Revive has a reaaaaaly long cooldown just for a little buff.

javier995
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
After u maximize all your heals, put some in pain. It's actually quite good. Also don't waste more than 1 skill point on rev.

If you need me to share my build, I'll gladly show you it.

Dazamo
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the remarks everyone . I will readjust my skills to make then better. Javier, I would appreciate it.

Cahaun
12-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Maximize your revive skill since the added range and less mana usage will make you feel better at sticky situations.

Dazamo
12-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Does it really extend range?

javier995
12-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Yea, but not worth it IMO. I'll put up build later.

Dazamo
12-23-2011, 02:07 AM

Yea, but not worth it IMO. I'll put up build later.

Thanks.

javier995
12-23-2011, 03:02 AM
Here you go, if you have questions on it just ask.
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/84ec4bd4.jpg

Dazamo
12-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks Javier.

javier995
12-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks Javier.

No problem bud.

LelouchX
12-26-2011, 04:26 PM
pain is actually extremely important for the stun effect, I would keekathyat one. it will give u enough time to stun an enemy and kill (sniper or tanks in vol for example). Rez at level 6 will give u hidden buff of 2 mana regen, 2 damage, and 2 armor from a minute. also the range goes up. I have mine at 4 now and it only buffs stats 1, nit sure about lv 5. the range actually is helpful. I think I may leave mine at 4. when u ae stunned by a flash grenade and are just out of range and 2 in ur team are dead, that 1 or 2 increased radius can make all the difference in your party surviving. those tank guys also knock u back and kinda prevents u from moving for a second. if he attacks you continuously, u will be up against a wall unable to move until he is either killed or stunned. there are many instances Rez has been helpful for me bc of the incased range

Anishavie
12-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Once the last skill is out and u max that skill (unless it is not good). U can start adding points to rev then when the level cap goes as high as pl right now then the only problem is mapping the skills

Hellcurse
05-17-2012, 05:24 AM
it kinda depends on pve or pvp

PianoWizzy
05-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Reading this made me realize that I only started using mana stimpacks AFTER I respec'd my skills [so long ago] to put rev at 2 [I max'd it before]. Hmm.

Zaonabiuibil
05-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Here you go, if you have questions on it just ask.
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/84ec4bd4.jpg

Ha. Looks like my tanking engineer's (thanks for not tanking coms, I took the matter to my eng) build.

PianoWizzy
05-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Hmm, I like my protection though, and I use suppression in my mode of eng-tanking.

akfury
05-19-2012, 03:57 PM
no point to max it 1 is enough use other 5 points in a dot or buff

Ucazhaus
05-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Well it really depends on what your character does. For pvp only put 1 on it (ctf and so u arnt useless for pve) i like my attack skills high on my engi (Zeonaloz)

Ark
05-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Here is how my engineer skills are like:

I use those skills for my K/D kills character.

Racosai
05-27-2012, 05:06 AM
I would like everyone's thoughts on this. I have the 616 build with a couple points in some damage skills.

I am wasting points in pain I think. It appears to be pointless after 1 point. Wither also seems to not be worthwhile either. The bosses seem to not be affected by future pulses of the skill. They usually dodge them it looks like.

Since revive levels decrease the mana spent, and it has the hidden buff for regen I think it should be maxed out so it costs nothing to spend to spam it.

Any ideas or comments?

I agree you should max out revive. It's a very important skill. Plus, it minimizes out complaints about "engineers going out of heal range". By maxing out revive and heal, that is how I earned my well known reputation as one of the best healers. As of wither and pain, add five points to pain since it is one of the two stuns you have. Ignore wither, its not one of the best, most enemies do not seem affected by it. Max out suppresion, too. It increases how many enemies get stunned. Very useful in every single map. And sonic boom? Add only one point to it, its very important because its one of the group attacks. And decay? Add four points. Of course, max out force shield and transference. Protection and Leech are especially useless. Protection doesn't give you protection. Also, its seems as if force shield is like that too, but you will notice that your life isn't going down if you use it. For a while only though.
All those I used and earned my rep as a good fighter and healer in town. I hope you become one too. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to post this, I hope everyone will find it useful.
Thanks.
~Racosai

Orthrys
02-06-2013, 01:16 AM
I maxed-out Revive because if someone dies a little away from you and you're using your 2-skill-point Revive skill, and they're still yelling their lungs out: "REVIVE ME!"... well let's just say it gets on your nerves.

Itoopeo
02-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Revive is good enough at lvl 4. And sonic boom is useless if you play other maps than shipyard too

Drioyard
03-04-2013, 06:25 AM
revive at max should help u help ppl in a map when your teaming and they die far.so yeah :)