PDA

View Full Version : New to sl been playing pl for a little while... :-)

Appleisaac
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Hi I'm appleisaac! I'm a lvl 10 engineer (lol accidentally just typed Mage ;-P)! So far game seems great with the exception of needing to be a certain class to equip certain weapons... :) could someone please post a good link to an engineer guide? It would be greatly appreciated

:D thanks

LuvMmorpg
12-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Lol I'm an engineer too! But I'm new too. :/ (13)

So I don't have a guide since I'm still new, just came to say...Hi!

javier995
12-23-2011, 02:26 AM
I have an engi, I'm pretty good on it.

What exactly do you need help with on this class? Shoot and I'll answer.

Skeletonlord
12-23-2011, 02:49 AM
An engineer guide? There are a few of these on the forums, and I'll make a link soon to one. I have a commando but I'd be glad to help you if you want. Pm me on forums or add skeletonlord in game and I'll help you.

Carth
12-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Welcome! Have a safe journey and keep your hands and feet in Blackstar at all times. :)

someone please post a good link to an engineer guide? It would be greatly appreciated
I'm on Android app so I can't. Man, where's Bodmaster when you need him. :D

ninjaduck
12-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Hiya! Im an engineer so hit me up IG if you need any help at all! I can also help with twinking if your interested. :)

Appleisaac
12-23-2011, 08:09 AM
:-) thanks guys! Um... I mainly want to know about skills, and how many points I should put in each one... I also want to know what stats (dex int str) I should use. Lastly, I want to know about equipment. I'm not sure what the benefit of using the big glove thingy is if it does less damage and dps then the pistols.

Thanks! Appleisaac...

Skeletonlord
12-23-2011, 08:41 AM
:-) thanks guys! Um... I mainly want to know about skills, and how many points I should put in each one... I also want to know what stats (dex int str) I should use. Lastly, I want to know about equipment. I'm not sure what the benefit of using the big glove thingy is if it does less damage and dps then the pistols.

Thanks! Appleisaac...

Skills= engineers need to mainly use dex as you main attribute. Commandos use str, and the final class uses int.
Could you explain a bit more about the big glove thingy and the equipment questions please?

Appleisaac
12-23-2011, 11:27 AM
I thought opperatives used dex... Anyway the glove thingy I was talking about is called (I think) gauntlets.

Skeletonlord
12-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I thought opperatives used dex... Anyway the glove thingy I was talking about is called (I think) gauntlets.

I think operatives use dex actually. I stand corrected. Have you added me in game? Skeletonlord?

Kanozaki
12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
hey (: welcome to the forums bud , make your self at home and be sure to read the forum posting rules

Appleisaac
12-23-2011, 07:03 PM
hey (: welcome to the forums bud , make your self at home and be sure to read the forum posting rulesActually been on forums for a while ;). Thanks for the welcome thought xD

javier995
12-23-2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks! Appleisaac...

Engineers are int, go full int.

As for skills, I'll post my build later. Mainly focus on the healing skills, buffs aren't needed here as much as they're needed in pl.

For equipment, use gloves or a rifle.

Some pistols are better than gloves because pistols are dps and dmg weapons, to an extent.

The engi weapon is there for a reason, speed. IMO I kill things faster with gloves than with a pistol. Although, there's also cons to it.

Engi weapons make you have less armor, like the other class specific weapons. Which makes you "squishy".

Getting a good pistol and a good shield, gives you the advantage in pvp. If you're looking to pvp, get use to shield and pistol. If not, gloves is a sure way to go.

Ardon
12-23-2011, 08:16 PM
There's been a new thing going with engineers.
Going full str. Morfic found it was better. Check his guide.
I had some Engis in my guild try it out and said it was way better for PvP.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hans
12-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi I'm appleisaac! I'm a lvl 10 engineer (lol accidentally just typed Mage ;-P)! So far game seems great with the exception of needing to be a certain class to equip certain weapons... :) could someone please post a good link to an engineer guide? It would be greatly appreciated

:D thanks

Guide Section:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?58-SL-Player-Guides

Engineer Guides:

Newt's D.P.S (Damage Plus Support) Engi Build (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38647-Newt-s-D.P.S-%28Damage-Plus-Support%29-Engi-Build)

Give Your All! (Morfic's Guide to Engineer PvP) (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?45969-Give-Your-All!-%28Morfic-s-Guide-to-Engineer-PvP%29)