PDA

View Full Version : Is it against TOS to give forum account away?

Spheresome
09-23-2019, 07:48 AM
Since I will be retiring from this game, I would like to give my forums account to a friend so that he may continue to moderate the guild thread we created for our guild. Is it against TOS for me to give my forum account to someone else.

picklewickles
09-23-2019, 08:49 AM
*deleted comment*

Spheresome
09-23-2019, 10:59 AM
Well, time to find out!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Espacetimestudios%2Ec om%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D71335&share_tid=71335&share_fid=24169&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

That is the arcane legends terms of service, which is different from the forums rules. The forums have a completely different set of rules which can be found here --> https://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

In that set of rules, there is nothing that explicitly states against account donating, which is why i brought up the question here.

Dragonsalt
09-23-2019, 11:45 AM
If you’ve already read the terms of service and there doesn’t seem to be a rule against it then most likely it’s not against TOS? I guess the onus is on you to read everything properly and make sure there aren’t any loopholes that can be used to ban you.

Spheresome
09-23-2019, 11:57 AM
If you’ve already read the terms of service and there doesn’t seem to be a rule against it then most likely it’s not against TOS? I guess the onus is on you to read everything properly and make sure there aren’t any loopholes that can be used to ban you.

Just because something isn't written doesn't mean it's not bannable or against tos

Dragonsalt
09-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Just because something isn't written doesn't mean it's not bannable or against tos

On the contrary I believe that something that hasn’t been referenced to or explicitly stated in the terms of service can absolutely be done. The whole purpose of the terms of service is to inform the user of limitations, disclaimers, rights, and responsibilities. Now I agree that some parts of the TOS can be perhaps a bit vague to the point where you would be skeptical, but your situation seems rather specific. I wouldn’t worry about getting about getting banned. Playing it safe ain’t bad, just not nessecary for this case.

Vvildfire
09-23-2019, 02:27 PM
This doesn't answer your question, but maybe you could consider making a new guild thread. A few guilds do that

BaronB
09-23-2019, 03:44 PM
Thinking it through logically..

As long as the person you’re donating the account to doesn’t then try to imitate being you and using it in shady ways and only using it to keep a thread updated then I wouldn’t see any reason why it should warrant a ban.

To be better safe than sorry and to protect against abuse they will always say it’s not allowed but my interpretation of it not being specified in the TOS would just mean it’s a grey area and if not abused would probs have a blind eye turned to it.

Hope that helps a bit

1 <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

picklewickles
09-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Thinking it through logically..

As long as the person you’re donating the account to doesn’t then try to imitate being you and using it in shady ways and only using it to keep a thread updated then I wouldn’t see any reason why it should warrant a ban.

To be better safe than sorry and to protect against abuse they will always say it’s not allowed but my interpretation of it not being specified in the TOS would just mean it’s a grey area and if not abused would probs have a blind eye turned to it.

Hope that helps a bit

1 <3

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe risk has only to exist and its forbidden for your protection

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

leeelooo
09-23-2019, 09:26 PM
If you have to ask it's probably not a good idea. But imo yes it's against the rules because you're not supposed to give your information to anyone, passwords included. Your friend can manage the thread by making a new one like what was mentioned before.

Motherless_Child
09-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Since I will be retiring from this game, I would like to give my forums account to a friend so that he may continue to moderate the guild thread we created for our guild. Is it against TOS for me to give my forum account to someone else.

If you are legitimately retiring/quitting, why do you really care what happens??????

Spheresome
09-23-2019, 10:27 PM
If you are legitimately retiring/quitting, why do you really care what happens??????

Because I have made friends in the game and want them to still have access to the stuff that I have made for them?

Spooked
09-24-2019, 12:45 PM

Probably because hes not only thinking about himself and wants to leave the game while making sure his legacy doesnt get neglected.
Kind of a weird question this is.

Motherless_Child
09-24-2019, 02:21 PM
Because I have made friends in the game and want them to still have access to the stuff that I have made for them?

Probably because hes not only thinking about himself and wants to leave the game while making sure his legacy doesnt get neglected.
Kind of a weird question this is.

LOL... You guys are so funny......

NO, you cannot do that because if you do you will go to jail or be guilty of breaking a commandment..... It's against the rules of life............ LOL.....

Sometimes you guys just have to use your "brains"...............

Axel_crx
09-24-2019, 03:40 PM
LOL... You guys are so funny......

NO, you cannot do that because if you do you will go to jail or be guilty of breaking a commandment..... It's against the rules of life............ LOL.....

Sometimes you guys just have to use your "brains"...............He can just plead the 5th

Encryptions
09-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Stuff has to be written, they can not write a few things and expect you to agree to it. That would be like making a list of rules and you leave out "no scamming" so then a guy scams another guy and gets banned. Must inform players everything they are limited to do :D.

Regifter
09-25-2019, 05:29 AM
Stuff has to be written, they can not write a few things and expect you to agree to it. That would be like making a list of rules and you leave out "no scamming" so then a guy scams another guy and gets banned. Must inform players everything they are limited to do :D.

True but sometimes bannable things could be overlooked and be not included to some lists

shadowronn
09-25-2019, 07:34 AM
He can just plead the 5th

Someone's been watching Suits.

Genius
09-25-2019, 09:21 AM
Moderate the guild thread? are you referring to the ability to edit the opening post of your guild thread?
Usually in a scenario like yours the new person (existing or new account) creates new thread with the same or updated opening post and then you can submit a request to the the Forum Moderator to delete the old thread.

That is only IF you want the opening post of your guild thread to be changed in future in your absence, other than that I don't see any scenario where you would need it.

I would personally suggest not to share your account with anyone even if its not against TOS.

Axel_crx
09-25-2019, 01:44 PM
Indeed
REEEEEEEEEEEE