PDA

View Full Version : New realm! Huge Step Forward!

nmyxspaceship
12-23-2011, 12:39 AM
Ok im going to make this short and sweet,

To start off with, I think the new game dark legends should should be put off production but not totally forgot about...

Dark legends should be implemented into Pocket legends, and I will include ways how and what should be added.

Story Line
"------" the new realm! There is a new darkness in world and its up to the heros to put it to an end. Fight as the might ursan, the hawk, or the powerful elf. Team up with friends to fight against a new variety of monsters such as; orks, spiders, trolls, dragons, and dreaded entities. Equip yourself with all new exclusive armor....

Rough draft but you get the picture...

The realm is introduced when dragons and the evil powers attack alterra and you must take the battle to them.

Things to think about

I hope the devs take a huge step forward and introduce more of a sandbox map. Have multiple caves, bosses, mobs, etc in one big map.

Armor and weapons should be more detailed. Armor should be detailed like the new elite armor all the time. It should have different grooves layers and designs, it should not loom like a costume or cloth.
Same with weapons, i like the look that was brough in with custom orlok but it seemed like recycled battle forged and ruby blades, show us the good stuff!!! Its not a bad idea to feed off of what we see in other games as long as the design is original!

New features
As i said above sandbox maps. Incorporate the town and the dungeon together! This could bring a whole new style of game play. Players would be able to fight fight fight and then run and go get potions when need with out worrying about losing their spots or being booted for not enought spots. The map should not be a whole world but be a map as big as a normal town able to hold 10-15 people.

Second, a new set of skills should be added. I like what i saw in sl with a variety of different skills and themes but the skills in pl are bland, dont change the skills, add some or change the looks. This is a minor change but can make the game much more fun and creative.

Next
Awards based on achievements, achievement for reaching the "elite level!", having a certain amount of kills in the arena or in pve, completing 1/4, 1/2, 1/1 of the quest, performing a certain combo a certain amount of times, or even crafting achievement like crafting a certain amount of armors and weapons.

Another huge thing that was generate tons of money

The Vanity Generator(best idea ive every heard look up the thread by mightymicah)

A vanity generator, a little place in town where you can turn your mediocre "insert item here" into you favorite vanity item to carry on into future levels. Prices could range from 10-20 platinum depending on the value of the item. Not only would this be the best thing to implement, it would generate tonnnnnss of money and tons of money means tons of food on your table.

Another thing that should be implemented is forged potions. Mix your postion with certain gems to generate an effect based on what items you forged it with.

Example

heal boost
Req.
Recipe
100 hp pots
100 mana pots
Power gem
Magic gem
----------------
= +200 health on mages heal

And this can be used to make accuracy boost, mana regen boost and more with out removing normal plat pots.

The effect of these potions can range from 10-30 minutes depending on the gems and the amount of hp/mp pots used.

Sadly im gonna leave mounts out of this one, the list is long enough and mounts would be a very difficult thing to add based on time involved(prove me wrong devs!!)

But why not pets that aid us in battle? Shouldn't be to hard to implement, give them preset to follow us and make them act as an enemy to where they attack within a certain range of the enemy but instead of attacking us, they attack the enemies.

Break... Saving thread and resuming in 15 mins....

Continued....

Next, you should add a secondary weapon.

If you are a bear, you should be able to pull out a mini crossbow from your back or whatever ranged weapon you have it set for. This perk should only come if you have a certain amount of skill points put away in what ever skill set needed to equip.

Example:
Dex:100
Int:1
Str:248

Primary: dragons shield blah blah
Req:200 str

Off hand:dragon blah
Req:198 str

Side arm:cross bow of flame blah blah
Req: 86 dex

Of course this would require a new slot but not to much trouble right?

Rings, Rings, Rings, im not sure what majority of players outside of pvp use them.

Ring should be given value, they can act as pot boost but permanent or take time to regenerate. They should also be crafted.

Example on how ring regen works

Enter map begins and will deplete more and more it is used for its purpose or until the time span is up

Ring power depleted.

Regenerating
Xp

This makes rings have purpose and value.
Premium rings with 2x normal ring power can be sold for plat, and normal rings be put in game as craftable items. These will follow same crafting guidlines as enhanced potions.

start gathering proceeds for this now!

If sts does plan on doing something like this dont jack up price on potions but make the next map pack for 10-15 platinum or even 20 based on quality. They could also get players excited and release another reserve your name item and make the item as epic as possible!!! People will give you so much respect for implementing things like this!

landscape

The landascape should range from a desert filled witg scorpions waiting to jump out and steal all of your enchantements, to a map filled to the brim with darkness with dragons and spiders lurking around every corner.

Monsters

First off, the land and monsters have been recyled over and over again. How about giant trolls as every mob and flying dragons in there with them. They dont have to be rediculouly difficult but the should look ferocious, not like a pushover zombie or a giant in a pink suit! Make the maps for fun to play by improving the mobs to start with.

Side note: while reading this remember to keep it pick up and play but still a unique gameplay experience every time you log in.

Platinum Cost

Platinum cost are the reason why some vets arent with us today. High prices and poor gameplay. Its a new realm if its worth it we will buy it! Make it anywhere from 50-75 platinum and give us the next 10-15 levels.

Elixer cost are kinda ridiculous right now. 5 dollars for a 4x pot kinda gives you something to think about.

As game play improves bump up prices on maps but lower prices on vanity, pots, etc. Its a reasonable request and is fair as long as the map cost dont go anywhere over 50 platinum.

Thoughts on Dark Legends

Honestly, I dont think to many people are excited about dark legends! Right now people want sts to worry about Pocket Legends the game that started it all! Bump the game up to 100mb we dont care as long as an apk is released. Put dark legends in pl a new realm, a new story! Pocket legends totally revamped once you enter into the new realm.

Take months if you need to, I would gladly wait. Release previews mothly to keep the fans on the edge of their seat waiting in anticipation! Blow w/o midgard and order and chaos of the map.

Hope i didn't ramble to much,

Thanks for reading my short but sweet thread.

-Space

SUPAPRODIGY
12-23-2011, 12:54 AM
i agree we dont need a new game just new stuff not recycle stuff .new maps new monsters new new. new an level cap not increasing everymonth .

Elyseon
12-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Cool ideas, slightly confused by some but what I see from this are super epic improvements

nmyxspaceship
12-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Sorry if some were confusing, just let me know which ones. I am editing now, hope they are very clear.

PL Playa
12-23-2011, 02:08 AM
The only reason I can see to want a new game is for different classes and to make it fair so that newbies in pl will be equal with vets to start

nmyxspaceship
12-23-2011, 02:18 AM
To me it just doesnt seen like such a good idea for them atm...

Skeletonlord
12-23-2011, 03:18 AM
wow these are really good ideas. i love the idea about having multiple caves etc! i like how it could be an expansion to pocket legends. this saves space on your device! some awesome ideas, thanked you and i hope you come up with many more amazing ideas!

Arterra
12-23-2011, 04:36 AM
while the idea sounds like one of amazing scope, the fact is STS probably has already accumulated too much progress on a separate game to call it off. the artwork and gaming mechanics might be too different to just "integrate" into PL.