PDA

View Full Version : Magic/Skill Boss Kill

Smartress
07-20-2010, 09:12 PM
This theory comes from Chaudex (Level 45 Bow Bear), he suggested that the final blow to kill the Boss using magic/skill has greater chances to drop PINK?

I have also heard the final kill is a Combo/Crit, will increase the chances to drop epic. That’s why you see 2/3 epic dropped by one Boss in a Group of 5. Can anyone concur with this mystical theory?!

In one of famous Chaudex runs (possible 50 runs) one night to farm Map 1, his group got 6 Talons, 5 Thoth and 1 Horus, plus plenty of other pinks.

Royce
07-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Lmao :D
People come up with the craziest theories. I've heard everything from this, to lower levels get better drops, to whoever does the most damage gets the best drop. No one wants to believe it is just completely random, even though I've never seen or heard anything approaching evidence that it is not.

Kirei
07-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I LOVE CHAUDEX he is amazing, we farmed AO2 level 4 for three hours straight and saw 3 thoth plasma swords drop and i dident get anything!!! i was so frustrated :)

FluffNStuff
07-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Love seeing the gamblers fallacy outside of Vegas. Incidently, I got got a pink drop while playing at home in my boxers. Now "the man" won't let me ride the bus anymore ...

Neurion
07-20-2010, 10:43 PM
I get some pinks when I'm dead too. Does that count?

Though seriously, it's easy to be misled when you are in a group that "gets 6 talons in one night". I have played with Chaudex, and he's definitely one of the blitz farmers out there, so it's not surprising that the groups he spends time with are also good rush-farmers.

That said, some of these drop rate theories might be true. But we'd love to see a spreadsheet of data.

v5point0
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
I think I can vouch for this, it does not really matter if it was a combo but it does matter if you dealt the finishing blow and you will be the first to get the loot drop followed by the others.

Smartress
07-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I am kind of agreeing with magic kill produce better drop rate. Though I cannot prove it for sure, chances are if you group with all hunters, drop is usually quite bad, because they are all on auto shots.

Tavore
07-22-2010, 10:57 PM
I was farming with someone and he got 3 pinks in no time. 2 of them in a row I think and one was a thoth talon... He said he was eating cherries so maybe thats the secret formula... To bad I don't like cherries..

maneut
07-22-2010, 11:00 PM
This theory comes from Chaudex (Level 45 Bow Bear), he suggested that the final blow to kill the Boss using magic/skill has greater chances to drop PINK?

I have also heard the final kill is a Combo/Crit, will increase the chances to drop epic. That’s why you see 2/3 epic dropped by one Boss in a Group of 5. Can anyone concur with this mystical theory?!

In one of famous Chaudex runs (possible 50 runs) one night to farm Map 1, his group got 6 Talons, 5 Thoth and 1 Horus, plus plenty of other pinks.

OMG! 50 runs get 6 talons???!!!??!??!?! I think I ran like eh at least 100 and I only see 1 Horus Talon lol... Ouch!, time to Master the Magic/Skill BOSS KILL!! :p

Although, I also heard a rumor that if you kill boss faster, more chance of pink drops...

v5point0
07-23-2010, 12:42 AM
OMG! 50 runs get 6 talons???!!!??!??!?! I think I ran like eh at least 100 and I only see 1 Horus Talon lol... Ouch!, time to Master the Magic/Skill BOSS KILL!! :p

Although, I also heard a rumor that if you kill boss faster, more chance of pink drops...

I was in this run and one of the 6 talons was my drop :) It was a magical night

Royce
07-23-2010, 10:29 AM
I hear if kill a boss while while spinning around in a circle and yelling out the letters of the alphabet in reverse, then you get more pinks. Also if you say Justg three times in a row while looking into a mirror, and then kill a boss, everyone gets a pink. I also heard drops are totally random, but that was only the devs saying that, and who would believe such a silly thing...