PDA

View Full Version : SMS payment option?

ilikeminticecream
12-23-2011, 08:25 AM
ya my father said that he wouldnt mind paying for plat if he didnt need to use his credit card. STS, maybe you can consider making an sms payment option on the "purchase platinum" page? thoughts?

Xcrucherx
12-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Its a very good idea!

Beenjinkin
12-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Great idea im with you !!

Snakespeare
12-23-2011, 09:04 AM
But until then your Dad can use a giftcard.

ilikeminticecream
12-23-2011, 09:18 AM
we are on android btw

vulgarstrike
12-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Sounds great.

There may be an issue of younger children abusing this feature leading to angry parents, negative reviews, and stupidity ensuing...
but if Spacetime feels ready to tackle this, I think this would be a great addition to revenue.

Deathpunch
12-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Why not charge it to your phone bill then?

-----
Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!

ilikeminticecream
12-23-2011, 10:31 AM
i used to until that option completly glitched up. thats why i want an sms payment option for platinum.

Deathpunch
12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Ah, it still isn't working, then.

-----
Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!

Carth
12-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Does your dad mind paying for platinum with a Paypal account? Does he have one? You are able to purchase plat over on the Spacetime Studios website with a Paypal account.

Also, to your "bill Sprint account" issue, are you and someone else sharing a gmail account that is connected to the Android market? I noticed that when I was sharing with my mom, I wasn't able to do in-app purchases and could only purchase plat on my mom's phone. My mom created the gmail account so I saw it as that the main user was only able to do in-app purchases and bill them to the phone bill. Sounds silly, I know.

When I finally made my own gmail account for use of the Android market, I was now able to purchase plat by billing the Sprint phone bill on my own phone. Again, this sounds silly but please get back to me on that. Are you sharing a gmail market account with someone else who happens to be the main creator and user of it?

ilikeminticecream
12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
@ carth i think that might be it, im not totaly sure because im not a tech guy, but that might be the case. as for the pay pal, i think you have to use your credit card am i right? my father doesnt want to use it wich is way he and i wish there was an sms payment option.

Kanozaki
12-23-2011, 01:32 PM
keep in mind alot of younger players do buy plat. Plat is like a drug once you use it once, your hooked lol . SMS payment will be allowing these kids to buy plat when ever they want, thus resulting in high phone bills and countless complaints from their parents.

ya my father said that he wouldnt mind paying for plat if he didnt need to use his credit card. STS, maybe you can consider making an sms payment option on the "purchase platinum" page? thoughts?

Your dad can also buy itunes gift cards , you can use that to buy platinum

ilikeminticecream
12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
well then again wouldnt be sts' fault if little timmy gets to out of hand with platinum now is it? :)

Zeus
12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Another option I used to do on Runescape because my parents were also reluctant to put their credit card information online was to make a PayPal account and post in those money giving websites that would give you a few cents or dollars for doing a task. Kinda like TapJoy but with bigger pay off :)

Kanozaki
12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Another option I used to do on Runescape because my parents were also reluctant to put their credit card information online was to make a PayPal account and post in those money giving websites that would give you a few cents or dollars for doing a task. Kinda like TapJoy but with bigger pay off :)

i used to do this when i was too cheap to buy plat lol , lets just say i.got.squat

ilikeminticecream
12-23-2011, 01:46 PM
i DO NOT have an iphone. im on the htc evo. i can not use paypal as it requires credit card information. i made this post to try to get sts to at least CONSIDER the idea of an sms payment option. im sure there are many other people like me who would like an sms payment option because of certain limitations. LETS TRY TO GET STS TO MAKE SMS PAYMENT OPTION? WHAT DO YOU SAYS GUYS :D

Zeus
12-23-2011, 01:58 PM
i DO NOT have an iphone. im on the htc evo. i can not use paypal as it requires credit card information. i made this post to try to get sts to at least CONSIDER the idea of an sms payment option. im sure there are many other people like me who would like an sms payment option because of certain limitations. LETS TRY TO GET STS TO MAKE SMS PAYMENT OPTION? WHAT DO YOU SAYS GUYS :D

I highly doubt it's going to happen. Why? As stated above. I know, because I was once a kid, most kids are NOT ready for that sort of responsibility/power. Kids of today have access to cell phones, which is not a bad thing, but cell phones especially smart phones are capable of many things. I realize SMS is an efficient paying method, but I doubt that STS wants to deal with complaining parents asking for their money back because their kid was being irresponsible and charging things to the phone bill without asking.

I realize you might be the minority here and actually might have permission from your dad, but there are other more effective payment solutions which are just as effective. Okay, you don't have an iPhone, you can still purchase Amazon gift cards and make a payment from there. Those don't bill your credit card, as you can buy Amazon gift cards for cash. Just a suggestion :)

Best of Luck

~Parth

Cahaun
12-23-2011, 05:46 PM
One question: What's SMS?

Carth
12-23-2011, 06:27 PM
One question: What's SMS?

SMS stands for "Short Messaging Service." It's basically what you call, "Texting."

Some companies use SMS payment options so those with a phone and phone plan can send a text with a specific word or code of some sort, purchase and receive digital products and have the amount billed to their phone plan. Usually this isn't a very popular option since it tends to cost more than using a Paypal or Credit Card. There have also been many complaints about this option from those who raise children. *cough* Runescape... *cough*

Kaytar
12-23-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm for this!! Im on Samsung Infuse and I don't have a credit card! Btw I'm only 15 so I cant have one. Maybe you can get a prepaid visa?

Cahaun
12-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Ah! I see now.
Isn't Runescape not as good now? It wasn't really fun when all you do is poke people and make 100's of fires in a row on the road.

ilikeminticecream
12-24-2011, 12:54 AM
@apolloamazon gift cards? i actually had NOOOO idea they had gift cards. like i stated im on the htc evo and with sprint. can i still use those?