PDA

View Full Version : The oldest of the oldies still here...

Snakespeare
12-23-2011, 12:43 PM
The initial list I have compiled simply by searching, but I know it is not accurate (because it's about who has posted). The search criteria was "last post after 2011-12-12" and sorted by join date ascending.

I know that Parth should be on this list somewhere... there are probably others.

These were the top 15 hits. Everyone is from April, May, or early June: Jamie, Banned, Flamin, Fac3bon3s, Kingslaya, Dubtogi, LightningLord67, RedRyder, MysticalDream, Cascade, Barbamitsos, FluffNStuff, Darkfader, and vulgarstrike. I think they are mostly founders. Are there any other founders still playing?

added:apocolypse, sun, Kingrichie, MoarPewPew, Carth, adidaman, Beanmachine, Swimmingstar (technically), Apollo (technically), maneatingtree (technically)

I'm not a founder (June 12 joiner), so I put myself as the cutoff.

maneatingtree
12-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Add apocolypse and sun to the list :)

Cascade
12-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Kingrichie should also be on the list.

Snakespeare
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I think MoarPewPew is a founder, too. Join date only says when someone registered on the messageboard, unfortunately.

Kingofhurtz
12-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Me. I am a founder although I did not join forums until late august as you can see...And yes, Parth technically is a founder but lost the password to that account a very long time ago so he has no helm(That's what I recall him telling me but I may be wrong. Don't quote me on this).

Zeus
12-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Me. I am a founder although I did not join forums until late august as you can see...And yes, Parth technically is a founder but lost the password to that account a very long time ago so he has no helm(That's what I recall him telling me but I may be wrong. Don't quote me on this).

Kinda sorta, it's a long story, bahaha. In terms of being an active founder, no I wasn't. However, in terms of registering on an random email and downloading the app, yes. I'll try to look for the iTunes receipt if I still have it.

Snakespeare
12-23-2011, 02:06 PM
LOL! so that's the story! Parth in May: "doh-de-doh... guess I'll give a fake email so I don't get spam". Parth in June: "whoa, nice game, I should register my real email addy!" STS in April 2011: "Sorry, man, no hat for youuuuuuuu!" LOL!

Snakespeare
12-23-2011, 02:08 PM

I wonder if there's any way for the Founders to be able to put "Founder of Alterra" in their profiles, like the Guardians, Scribes, and Ambassadors.

Zeus
12-23-2011, 02:09 PM
LOL! so that's the story! Parth in May: "doh-de-doh... guess I'll give a fake email so I don't get spam". Parth in June: "whoa, nice game, I should register my real email addy!" STS in April 2011: "Sorry, man, no hat for youuuuuuuu!" LOL!

Hey hey! I was messing around with my iPad on launch day! I downloaded so many applications, PL just got lost in it! :(

Zeus
12-23-2011, 02:11 PM
I wonder if there's any way for the Founders to be able to put "Founder of Alterra" in their profiles, like the Guardians, Scribes, and Ambassadors.

There should be! They definitely deserve it, I mean, some of them are the coolest people I've met in-game. Many really passion into this game and I commend them for it.

MoarPewPew
12-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I think MoarPewPew is a founder, too. Join date only says when someone registered on the messageboard, unfortunately.

Yeah Im a founder. Made my account late april and my forum account was on 7/3/2010.

Carth
12-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not a founder on the forums but I'm a founder in game. I joined PL back on April 11, 2010. I wasn't an active founder though, same as Apollo. I didn't come back till I heard about Star Legends in development. It was the week when the founders helmet was being given out, which happened to be a coincidence.

I'm pretty sure you want founders who stuck around through it all. So, no is cool. :cool:

FluffNStuff
12-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out how you searched? Where did you find sort by join date?

maneatingtree
12-23-2011, 02:40 PM
I had a founders helmet :(. Made an unregisterd account. Then after a couple of months restored my ipod then i made an account and my unregisterd was gone :(. But im happy i dont have a founders. (fun to beat someppl with one in pvp).

LIGHTNINGLORD67
12-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Wait...I'm confused as to why you're not a founder of PL?

and also you spelled my username wrong xD

FluffNStuff
12-23-2011, 02:42 PM
OMG, I thought you were mistaken because I had not seen Jstizar in a year. So I checked and he DID have a post recently. It was almost excactly a year afterr his last post, and it was BAD! So, please, take him off that list.

nazgulking
12-23-2011, 02:50 PM
I am a founder but I'm quitting PL

Snakespeare
12-23-2011, 03:04 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out how you searched? Where did you find sort by join date?

Advanced Search is a well-hidden link in the Search Members drop-down on the Member List page.

Snakespeare
12-29-2011, 12:03 PM
oh darn... had to edit the list again in the OP :(

RedRyder
12-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I played pl April but came to the forums in may

Swimmingstar
12-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Nice to see people like me. :) Apollo and Maneatingtree. I first starting playing unregistered a longgggg time ago when PL was still new. I played on a person named with my name and a bunch of mmmmmms after it. (Yes my name starts with an m) Then after awhile playing, I deleted app because you had to pay for things. CHEAPO ME. :) Then later I found it on app store again and started playing a little. That was in september, then in october, I registered an account. Then I started playing and got obsessed with game. Then I found out about tapjoy and got bale castle. I always played all the time getting plat little by little from tapjoy. Then like a year later I got an android phone and registered on forums. Now I play on phone. :) That's my story. Do i count as a founder? You can put me in noob founder list lol. Noob cheapo. And the reason I stuck to PL is because I used to play W101 which was money EVERYTHING. No Tapjoy!!!

Fac3bon3s
12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't usually frequent the PL forums these days. And rarely the off topic. I'm glad I did today. I fully support this initiative.

Us old timers need to stick together and battle the forces of these young whiper snapers.

I don't know if I ran with any of you but my PL toons were Tehtank, Tehpriest and Tehhunter.

I still have PL on my device but only pop on once in a while when the SL grind gets to me. I still am a fan of the game. I just prefer the space theme of SL.

adidaman
12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
I didn't start on the forums until August, but I started playing April 9th, 2010.

Snakespeare
12-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Cool! I put you guys in there. It looks like there are still a few dozen players participating in the message board who have been here for 20 months or so, including those who used unregistered accounts at first.

Beanmachine
12-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Meee! I started the game a long time ago (thus being a founder) took a break and came back again during AO2.

Whirlzap
12-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Well I played PL (Pokemon League) in 2002.
If that counts, sure, put me up there.
Gotta love PL.

CrimsonTider
12-31-2011, 11:21 AM
How can anyone forget Riccits!! He was probably farming FH before the devs started drawing Meathead. :D

Whirlzap
12-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Oh that reminds me of Imperialdream. Lolz he would spend so much time at Deli xD

DawnInfinity
01-01-2012, 11:33 PM
I miss y'all!

KingFu
01-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I miss y'all!

I think it's safe to see we all miss you too Steph!

Also, there's lots of founders walking around PL, just not all are on forums. A lot of my guild has founders in it, for example Chant, Badtee, Hoon. Just to name a few:)

Ladylove
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM

Also, there's lots of founders walking around PL, just not all are on forums. A lot of my guild has founders in it, for example Chant, Badtee, Hoon. Just to name a few:)

I miss you Daybid <3

BodMaster
01-03-2012, 12:49 AM

So the one's that have a founders helm because of the time they logged on. Not for actually being a founder? ;)

KingFu
01-03-2012, 12:55 AM
So the one's that have a founders helm because of the time they logged on. Not for actually being a founder? ;)

All the ones I mentioned have been playing since the start. Chant and Hoon started in very early April I believe, and have been here the whole time. Tee started very early too, just barely missed the cutoff for the helm. They have been here the whole time. I've known both Tee and Hoon since swamp days, and they knew Chant during that time as well (before I had met her).

If you're referring to the people when I said "there's lots of founders walking around PL..." then yeah, a lot did join and didn't play for a long time sadly.

@Brooke, I miss you too:( You'll be playing WoM, right?

BodMaster
01-03-2012, 06:36 AM
All the ones I mentioned have been playing since the start. Chant and Hoon started in very early April I believe, and have been here the whole time. Tee started very early too, just barely missed the cutoff for the helm. They have been here the whole time. I've known both Tee and Hoon since swamp days, and they knew Chant during that time as well (before I had met her).

If you're referring to the people when I said "there's lots of founders walking around PL..." then yeah, a lot did join and didn't play for a long time sadly.

Was half asleep when I posted that :p I meant they are only called a founder because of the time they made their account.

Not like you guys who have actually made a difference in PL and had a say in how it was being run, what was missing, bugs etc, expanding it and funding it (I know alot must of did this anyway but anyone that had an iOS could have 'funded' if you get my meaning)

Being called a founders is ridiculous for logging in at a certain time, people that changed the game and stuck by it for the better deserve the title :)

Ladylove
01-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Lol I got a Founders helm and put in a good year of playing before quitting. I might play WOM, but not the beta. Especially if I have to spend 10 bucks on a mount to play lol. I'm still lurking about O&C.

BodMaster
01-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Lol I got a Founders helm and put in a good year of playing before quitting. I might play WOM, but not the beta. Especially if I have to spend 10 bucks on a mount to play lol. I'm still lurking about O&C.

Lol it will be good to see you on there, been a while ;) plus Semi-Beta will be released in Feb so maybe you can make that? 10k player limit but its totally free :D

When you asked me to join OnC on Arcadian Server, Numphic/LadyLove, I tried an my device wasn't compatible :O fail right?

Snakespeare
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
We sure miss Ladylove and Dawn, but I was just looking to put together a list of people who started in April/May 2010 and still play, so I hope they understand when I don't add them to the OP.

wizardstarr
01-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I was also a founder the first day SL came

LADYHADASSA
01-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Cool! I put you guys in there. It looks like there are still a few dozen players participating in the message board who have been here for 20 months or so, including those who used unregistered accounts at first.

Like others just brutal and myself started with unregistered account in june, we bought new phones in october and made out registered accounts we have now. Though now though brutal was able to recover his first account and has a founders, i was jot able to do so. :)

I did not become active in forums fornquite some time, i just lurked and read... Honestley forums can be so drama filled that i did not register for forums for quite awile :)

BodMaster
01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Like others just brutal and myself started with unregistered account in june, we bought new phones in october and made out registered accounts we have now. Though now though brutal was able to recover his first account and has a founders, i was jot able to do so. :)

I did not become active in forums fornquite some time, i just lurked and read... Honestley forums can be so drama filled that i did not register for forums for quite awile :)

And another I haven't seen in a while! :O Heyy laddyyyy :)

I used to think the same, until I become a addict lol, but the drama side is usually not needed, and don't bring anything to a thread topic.

KingFu
01-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Was half asleep when I posted that :p I meant they are only called a founder because of the time they made their account.

Not like you guys who have actually made a difference in PL and had a say in how it was being run, what was missing, bugs etc, expanding it and funding it (I know alot must of did this anyway but anyone that had an iOS could have 'funded' if you get my meaning)

Being called a founders is ridiculous for logging in at a certain time, people that changed the game and stuck by it for the better deserve the title :)

Well, the name founder doesn't mean they necessarily "made a difference", it means they have been here from the start. We have the GoA and AoA programs for people whom have made a difference. It's a way to recognize the first generation of people who joined the game. Obviously if it weren't for a lot of the recommendations made early on, and all the bug reports that were made when PL was a flea circus, the game wouldn't be quite what it is now. I'm not saying the people who joined early on are responsible and creditable for it, but a lot of them did have a helping hand in it. Yes, "anyone" could have done so, but not everyone was around at the time for it. I see it as, they added it so those who have been playing for a long time and supported STS consistently would get recognition. Kinda like a, thanks for sticking around for so long type of thing. Yes, there was a little loophole, and some people registered, quit, and came back later on and got the helm, but it is what it is.

BodMaster
01-04-2012, 04:11 PM
You make a very fair/valid point :)

It just struck me as quite funny how a title is requested for 'founders title' tho when anyone mentioned a 'founders item' in SL the very same members here were against it. If it is just to show appreciation for staying with the game etc (not contribution based) then why is it so absurd that 'founder' SL members/players do not get that right? Since we were at SL from day one (closed beta) but get denied it by 'influential' members saying we don't deserve it because we didn't 'found' sts from the first day in PL. As im sure you can tell where I am coming from with this.

I joined PL as soon as Android users could, got the shield. Then when beta was scheduled it was alot more attractive to me than PL ever was (My own opinion) and been playing and 'funding/improving the game since.

Zojak
01-04-2012, 04:20 PM
If I may interject for a moment. You can add Zojak to the list of founders :)

April 12, 2010 :)

KingFu
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
You make a very fair/valid point :)

It just struck me as quite funny how a title is requested for 'founders title' tho when anyone mentioned a 'founders item' in SL the very same members here were against it. If it is just to show appreciation for staying with the game etc (not contribution based) then why is it so absurd that 'founder' SL members/players do not get that right? Since we were at SL from day one (closed beta) but get denied it by 'influential' members saying we don't deserve it because we didn't 'found' sts from the first day in PL. As im sure you can tell where I am coming from with this.

I joined PL as soon as Android users could, got the shield. Then when beta was scheduled it was alot more attractive to me than PL ever was (My own opinion) and been playing and 'funding/improving the game since.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with founders in SL, and I suspect the devs will add them a little after SL's one year anniversary, but just a guess. I think the only reason why some people might disagree with SL founder program is because the STS community was already larger from PL, and a ton of people from PL tried SL once they could, which would mean many more founders in SL than there are in PL. But I see it as, people will come and go, and the founders from SL will become a smaller group by the month, much like PL's did:) I don't see why it shouldn't be added, but I don't think it should be for a bit longer, since PL's didn't get added until around its 1 year. Didn't SL start in around June 2011?

Buubuuftw
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I joined PL around feburaury? Maybe even before? Definatey before June though. I guess you can add me. Lets just say if you were playing before the FH revamp you count. Just joined the forums in the summer i think. :P

BodMaster
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
I personally wouldn't have a problem with founders in SL, and I suspect the devs will add them a little after SL's one year anniversary, but just a guess. I think the only reason why some people might disagree with SL founder program is because the STS community was already larger from PL, and a ton of people from PL tried SL once they could, which would mean many more founders in SL than there are in PL. But I see it as, people will come and go, and the founders from SL will become a smaller group by the month, much like PL's did:) I don't see why it shouldn't be added, but I don't think it should be for a bit longer, since PL's didn't get added until around its 1 year. Didn't SL start in around June 2011?

Agreed, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon way too early. But I have players come up to me asking stuff like, "why don't we deserve founders" etc I just tell them not to worry and it will most likely be added around a year into SL, they feel that if they express their opinion they will get 'shut down/cut off' by some of the previous founders. I say what I feel, if I feel passionate/strongly about a subject I make sure its known.

Not saying every member of the old would, it's just how they feel expressing this in front view of the 'older generation'.

It came out on the 8th July, received my beta key on that day, will never forget since it was on my bday haha, I had an Xbox elite and kinect and it didn't get used for a few weeks at least haha, any spare time (which was alot) I chose SL over it lol.

BodMaster
01-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I joined PL around feburaury? Maybe even before? Definatey before June though. I guess you can add me. Lets just say if you were playing before the FH revamp you count. Just joined the forums in the summer i think. :P

I remember the revamp for FH and I don't count? Lol couldn't possibly then right? Unless they revamped it again after? im confused ..

Buubuuftw
01-04-2012, 07:23 PM

I remember the revamp for FH and I don't count? Lol couldn't possibly then right? By June 12 (or whatever day the OP said) they do mean 2011 right? If they dont this would be embarrasing...

Conradin
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Made account on the 14th of april. Didnt find foruma til august.

KingFu
01-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Agreed, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon way too early. But I have players come up to me asking stuff like, "why don't we deserve founders" etc I just tell them not to worry and it will most likely be added around a year into SL, they feel that if they express their opinion they will get 'shut down/cut off' by some of the previous founders. I say what I feel, if I feel passionate/strongly about a subject I make sure its known.

Not saying every member of the old would, it's just how they feel expressing this in front view of the 'older generation'.

It came out on the 8th July, received my beta key on that day, will never forget since it was on my bday haha, I had an Xbox elite and kinect and it didn't get used for a few weeks at least haha, any spare time (which was alot) I chose SL over it lol.

Agreed, I'm fine with giving anyone credit where it is due, I don't think it makes sense to give one game a founders helm and the other not to. The only thing that truly links the games are the forums anyways in my opinion.

By June 12 (or whatever day the OP said) they do mean 2011 right? If they dont this would be embarrasing...

2010 man:) Sorry

BodMaster
01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
By June 12 (or whatever day the OP said) they do mean 2011 right? If they dont this would be embarrasing...

2010 lol! I think I started in Sept/Oct :/ (tho I haven't got a clue)

Agreed, I'm fine with giving anyone credit where it is due, I don't think it makes sense to give one game a founders helm and the other not to. The only thing that truly links the games are the forums anyways in my opinion.

+1 (no thanks left lol) agreed 100% that's a very true statement! I have respect for alot of members from PL tho I have never exactly run with or hung out with them in game. Just from being on the forums within the community :)

Buubuuftw
01-04-2012, 07:53 PM
... I PHAIL! Pretend you didn't see that post...

BodMaster
01-04-2012, 07:56 PM
... I PHAIL! Pretend you didn't see that post...

Rofl! Give me a giggle or two ;)