PDA

View Full Version : Comtrix´s Credit Guide - How to get rich!

Hans
12-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Table of Contest.

1. Introduction
2.Time Sensitive Information
3.Things to Know and do Before you get Started
4. Auction House
4.1. Common Mistakes & Misconceptions
4.1.1. Know the Numbers - Auction House Cuts
4.2. Tracking Prices
4.2.2. Supply and Demand
4.3. Being Impatient
4.4. Thinkin You always need to Undercut
4.5. Using the Channel
4.8. Finding, Buying and Reselling Hot Items
5. Bag Space
6. Farming
7. Vanitypictures

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Introduction

After a lot of request´s from other players i decided to make a little credit guide for you.
There are a lot of ways to make credits in Star Legends.
I wanna give u a little insight how to make efficient credits without spending all your money for platinum.

2.Time Sensitive Information

Some information is very time sensitive. Dont spend to much time!

3.Things to Know and do Before you get Started

Always be a friendly and complaisant player on buying / selling items.
Please dont spamm the Channel on searching a item.

4. Auction House

The Auction House is a very awesome place because if you a little patience you can make here the most credits.
I´ll show you how to trade, buy and resell items and to supervise the Auction House.

4.1. Common Mistakes & Misconceptions

It´s the best to start clearing your mind of a few common mistakes and misconceptions about making
credits in Auction House. These are the problems I encounter most often with people who are
struggling in this area. Here´s a list of common mistakes that you need to avoid if you´re going to learn make
credits in the Auction House the way I do.

4.1.1. Know the Numbers - Auction House Cut´s

Every time you sell an item on the Auction House you will only reveice 98,9 % of the sell price,
STS takes the rest n what we call the "auction house´s cut." For instance if you sell an item for 100 credit its not really sad, but if you selling
a item for a higher price you always have to notice. Try to sell your expensiv item´s on the channel, than you dont have any auction house cut´s!

4.2. Tracking Prices

As you´re getting started you´ll need to get a good feel for how the prices move up and down for each item.
it´s best to start off with a few items and get comfortable observing their price changes and then start buying
when you feel that they are likely going to increase in price. To track prices, you should watch every day the auction house.
Remember, knowing the value of items is one of the most valuable tools to trading on the Auction house and channel.

4.2.2. Supply and Demand

Supply and Demand is one of the most important points!

For example:
After a new release of Legendary Weapons everybody is going to farm this new awesome Weapons.
Everybody thinks he have to put it into the Auction House and make a lot of credits.
The first hour´s after release you can do it if you are lucky and get one new item´s really fast after the release.
But at the latest after one day they are so many new Weapons in Auction House and everybody is undercutting.
Demand is low, price moveing down.

Wait a view days Supply move down, Demand move up, put your item in the Auction House after price levelled off and be happy.

4.3. Being Impatient

Some people might think that the purpose of this chapter is to teach them how they can log on and in 20 minutes make a few thousand credits.
Don´t get me worng, you will "earn" credits in short period of time but you will likely hold onto those items for several days or
weeks before you cash in on the items you purchased. Trading on the Auction House is a game of patience and wisdom.
You won´t be able to login on day 1 and earn this type of credits either. You will need to watch the Auction House prices for some days.

4.4. Thinkin You always need to Undercut

A lot of people complain about having to undercut all the time and losing credits. This is a bad habit many people make when starting off on the Auction House,
especially people who farm something and try to sell it as quick as possible. Prices stay low for periods of time, sometimes days or a week. You need to
be patient and watch the prices come up before you post your item. If the prices are low, and you know it, you can buy items and resell it later for a higher price.
This is how to make tons of credits.

4.5. Using the Channel

Using the Channel in Star Legends is the secondbest way to sell your items.

You can post a makro for example called: "Sell Legendary Weapon Electrorazer. Msg me your offer!"

Peoples who interested to buy your item will message you. You dont have to pay auction house cut´s!

4.8. Finding, Buying and Reselling Hot Items

A other way to make a lot of credits is to buy hot items like expensiv Vanitys for a cheap price and resell those again.
You can find with a little luck on Auction House, asking players for sale or you can post something in the Channel!

Example:
After u tracked prices u know you can sell Xray Visor for a price of 1 Million+. Buy the Item and resell it for a higher price.

5. Bag Space

On leveling a character you gather a lot of items you dont need. Sell this items to clear your bags and get credits.

6. Farming

If you dont like trade or supervise the auction house you can go farm very expensiv items.

Here you can find Dropplocations of Vanitys:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38530-Question-Vanity-Drop-Locations

7. Vanitypictures

Xray Visor4040 Squid Buddy 4041Mechanical Man Helmet4042
Zany Glasses4043Comedy4044Tragedy4045
Mark of Warfather4046Devourer´s Skull Helm4047Scorn Breather4056

Choose a Vanity you wanna farm or check out the Auction House which Vanity bring you the best cash and start farming!

I hope my guide help you a little to get a better start in Star Legends!

Hans
12-23-2011, 06:46 PM
# Reserved

# Added some Pictures and Information.

Cahaun
12-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Good guide. You should put a "Don't spam the channel or people will just ignore you."

Hans
12-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Good guide. You should put a "Don't spam the channel or people will just ignore you."

Thank you, ill add it.

Asagrar
12-24-2011, 04:34 AM
I was gonna ask u for tips the next time I saw u but u beat me to it... Awesome guide. I even bookmarked it in my phone. :D

Skeletonlord
12-24-2011, 07:42 AM
this is a great guide! nice going dude! subscribed!

Paar
12-24-2011, 03:06 PM
This is a Great Guide! Love the Pictures as well. :) Very Good work! Ill use this daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly!

Anishavie
12-26-2011, 09:19 AM
i use these techiniques all the time
this guide will definetely help some people

but using the auction is kinda like mini gambling cause u are gambling with 2.1% of the price u put up
so just like gambling if you dont sell it the first time on the auction and the second time doesnt either just like gambling you should stop for a while and come back later

Cero
12-26-2011, 01:02 PM
*2 thumbs up with a shake*

Rittik
12-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Awwweeesome Pics Com
Pwnie power++

kateku
12-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Nice guide. Stop asking for my squid. lol jkjk

Hans
12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Nice guide. Stop asking for my squid. lol jkjk

Hey Divine! Thanks! Nice to see you here on forum :-)

Aerooo
12-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Is it good to actually ask the people ,who are selling things, if they sold their items afterwards? For example, if someone sells an item for 40000 clintz, and later you see the same item for 30000 clintz. Now if you buy this item for 30000, sell it for 40000, but nobody would pay 40000 clintz for this item. Does it help to ask the seller (example the 40000 one) if they sold their items to know, which value these item(s) have and how much the people are going to pay for it, to set the price considering this higher or lower?

Hans
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM
You can ask for it seller, you can ask them for the lowest price or you check the auction house to find out a price of a item.

Try to sell high, you can still make the price cheaper after you tryed to sell something high.

If you wanna sell a items you can ask the purchaser whats his highest offer, than you can deal a price in the middle.
is the offer of the purchaser to low, keep the item and try to sell it a view days later again.

Cocoabunny
12-31-2011, 03:50 AM
this is what i always needed! ^^ thanks!

Anishavie
12-31-2011, 05:18 AM
Oh and here is a tip

The sandstorm/Sunwalker/desert rat sets are worth the most out of all the sets

William To
01-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Great Guide

XxReiReixX
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
i believe that the plasma blade and com set ( i dont know com set name >.<) is the most expensive right now

Maiden
02-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I learned how to use the auction house-thingy today, but does that mean when I see someone else sell something for a price that I should sell for less?

KillaSkillz
02-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Very good question, the lowest price usually sells, but thats not to say that someone else (or many other people) won't come on and lists lower than yours right after, and then the next even lower. I call it undercutting and it pushes the prices way down. This is addressed by Comtrix on the first post of this thread, section marked 4.4.

If you sell only items you get from drops then it really doesn't matter what price you get for the item as long as you turn it into credits. Everyone wants to get the most credits they can for their items. But when you buy an item and then sell it, you may take a loss because of undercutting (example: nova blaster was at 150k, now it is 80-90k) It may go back up but who knows when? The real question is can you be patient? People that buy tend not to buy at the higher price anymore when they know people will go lower and lower just to sell the item.

Now that that has been explained, (I know, I could have went in more detail) it is not necessary to undercut to be the lowest. you could be 2nd or 3rd lowest and go with a longer listing time. Or wait for supply of that item you are wanting to sell to empty out of auction and then list it at a reasonable price.

Best advice I can give anyone wanting to seriously merch is to know the market. Visit the AH terminal frequently and watch it to get a feel for where the market is at for what you want to sell. There are times when there is 0-1 of something, and times there are 10-20 of it. Obviously when there is 10-20 it is probably not going to net a big return. But even if there is 0-1 of it, if its list it overpriced, it won't sell either. Waiting for the right time to sell, and knowing the fair market value will maximize your credit return on your items.

Know the market! I hope this has been helpful! :)

Maiden
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
This explains alot, thank you . :)

Seiyen
02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
In short buy for less n sell for more XD

Taipan
03-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Mwahahaha i shall now be rich!!!

Rawrimafish
04-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I hope xray prices go down...
I hope Rabbit ear prices go up up up!
RAWR

Seiyen
04-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I hope xray prices go down...
I hope Rabbit ear prices go up up up!
RAWR

In dreams

PianoWizzy
04-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Lol you WISH you could find an xray for 250k. XD

On a more on topic note, great guide. :) Patience is EVERYTHING.

Dragonrider023
04-15-2012, 07:34 PM
wow this was helpful!

Thumb ups!

Crilon
05-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Sorry to say but SL's economy has changed quite alot. Some of this information is out-dated and false, you should consider making and update to your information.

Zaonabiuibil
06-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Very helpful. Also, I find it best to sell in auction, but do not buy from auction.

Anecat
06-11-2012, 08:45 AM
I read this yesterday and i got 5000c by doing the guide. Also watch out for a lot of numbers, like he said, I bought a pink for only 5k instead of 50K!

HunterSLAYER
06-18-2012, 09:10 AM
"Table of contest"
Shouldn't it be "Table of content"? I just noticed.

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Gassyllama
06-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Thank you so much for this guide, I've made almost 40,000 cred from watching prices and selling efficiently. This guide gave me tools to make a start.

PianoWizzy
06-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Sorry to say but SL's economy has changed quite alot. Some of this information is out-dated and false, you should consider making and update to your information.

Yeah.... well at least the sci-fi vanities kind of crashed the market in a way XD A lot of things are different now.

Rawrimafish
06-26-2012, 08:27 PM
To think we paid 1m+ for the new vanities at times...