PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or bowbears are no longer a threat

v5point0
07-20-2010, 10:37 PM
I have never lost to a bowbear since hitting 45. I think a lot has to do with the fact that I have more skills points to power up my damage and increase my survivability. Also the fact that am using a talon and a shield helps increase my survivability. Talon bears on the other hand are a different case, if I crit or they make a mistake - down they go, but against skilled players this is unlikely. I face a greater challenge taking down Paladins these days because of their nuking spells. Tank Bears are not an issue if am in a group of Birds - its Cruel Blast FTW! Also has Cruel Blast been underpowered? It use to more often completely kill my opponent or take away 70% at least but now it does 50% the most. Could using a talon be the reason? or has there been some changes by the Devs? but the concept behind the bird is "I kill you before you kill me"

bladesword
07-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Well from my perspective of being a bow bear:
-Bowbears mainly(?) use ISIS gear. With buff, the significance of this gear keeps the dodge rating way up for a while. WELL... ARCHERS CAN DEBUFF...
-I think its all about method... U JUST HAVE TO PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE... WITH A STRONG GUY(?)

Edit:
Well i aint strong in pvp.. ya xhair u pwned me...

v5point0
07-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I think Isis is the craze at the moment for all classes and especially for birds because they don't have any defense buffing skills. Well if you use a dex build bear I suppose it would be the same thing. I was using Warex as a bowbear from the start but changed after I hit 40 to a tank because of the gear available for regen and the fact that bears are designed to be used as such.

smokester
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
well have you played teven one on one... hes the strongest dex bear i know of... and theres someone else but you have to guess who that is lol

v5point0
07-23-2010, 10:06 AM
well have you played teven one on one... hes the strongest dex bear i know of... and theres someone else but you have to guess who that is lol

I have played with Teven and against him, yes he is good but not impossible to take down.

I guess you are talking about yourself lol

KingFu
07-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Wanna play me!? :D

smokester
07-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I have played with Teven and against him, yes he is good but not impossible to take down.

so certain bowbears are still threatening in the pvp games thats what your saying jk lol

I guess you are talking about yourself lol

no comment lol

v5point0
07-23-2010, 10:32 AM
so certain bowbears are still threatening in the pvp games thats what your saying jk lol

Did I say that? Lol.

Wanna play me!? :D

Ah so you are Kingfu lol.

Rarefew
07-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Bears themselves are awesome