PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye for now.

javier995
12-23-2011, 09:37 PM
You guys know how my iPod and phone broke? Well my iPod has become useless.

My iPod's touch sensor has broken from the top, sides, and the middle (width wise).

I won't be able to chat, let alone play. Although I will try to jump in and say hello to you guys.

I'll try to still help here on the forums, but bare with me if I'm slow. I will try to log on and help my guild, or any other person that needs my assistance.

I apologize that I won't be able to do any STS related thing as well as did before. I will be gone until further notice, sadly.

I haven't a clue when I will be able to play, or even if I will be able to.

Thanks for your time,

Javier.

P.S. It took me half an hour to type this short thing, that's how broken my iPod is.

Zeus
12-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Nuuu! Javier! What are we going to do without your bubbly personality?! Too many people leaving, one after another. It's depressing! :(

At least you're still on forums; I love reading your forum posts! :)

javier995
12-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks buddy.

Sorry I'm not quoting you, but if I do I won't be able to type out my response. Stupid iPod.

I'm not leaving on my behalf, just it's I literally can't play. The screen has become defected and I must get a new one. I'm not going to spend another $50 to have it fixed, I'm just going to try and save up for another. Which could take months, or never even happen.

Zeus
12-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks buddy.

Sorry I'm not quoting you, but if I do I won't be able to type out my response. Stupid iPod.

I'm not leaving on my behalf, just it's I literally can't play. The screen has become defected and I must get a new one. I'm not going to spend another $50 to have it fixed, I'm just going to try and save up for another. Which could take months, or never even happen.

Good luck, bud. Start saving up that lunch money! :P

javier995
12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Haha will do.

Question for the more familiar people with iOS.

If I take my iPod in, will they exchange it and I just pay the rest?

Zeus
12-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Haha will do.

Question for the more familiar people with iOS.

If I take my iPod in, will they exchange it and I just pay the rest?

Never had that. I suggest you just take it in. They are quite lenient and have excellent customer service. They even replaced my iPhone before when it was out of warranty. Just try it, you never know :)

Redbridge
12-23-2011, 10:07 PM
If you take it in they will at least advise how much it will cost to repair....

screen was about $70 on my wife's iPhone... GULP

Carth
12-23-2011, 10:08 PM
... And I thought I was going to login to SL after checking the forums and see Jav at the top of the guild roster. I guess not. :(

I'm sorry that you won't be around much in-game. I thought we would be able to play together soon but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. Hopefully this issue doesn't keep you from getting the vanity.

At least your still going to be on the forums. :)

javier995
12-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Damn got to use the @ signs now >_<

@ Apollo will do bud, I don't mind paying extra for another one.

@ Red there's no way I'm going to pay another $50 for the same problem. Yes I had this problem before :(

@ Carth Take care of the guild buddy, help out Dee, Qler, Storm, and all the other outstanding officers I have. Be sure to thank Eswat for getting us on the LB for biggest guilds on engis.

Crap I forgot about vanity! Damn I guess I'll probably miss the plate:(

Zeus
12-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Damn got to use the @ signs now >_<

@ Apollo will do bud, I don't mind paying extra for another one.

@ Red there's no way I'm going to pay another $50 for the same problem. Yes I had this problem before :(

@ Carth Take care of the guild buddy, help out Dee, Qler, Storm, and all the other outstanding officers I have. Be sure to thank Eswat for getting us on the LB for biggest guilds on engis.

If it's a recurring problem, all you got to do is tell the Apple guy. They will almost immediately swap it out for a new one. It's an unsaid rule, keep it on the DL. Ssssh! :D Also, they usually do it when it has happened 3 or more times.

javier995
12-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Sweet! Same generation though?

Carth
12-23-2011, 10:31 PM

I will and I'll be sure to thank Eswat! That's awesome!

Again, sorry about the iPod issue. :(

Zeus
12-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Sweet! Same generation though?

The oldest new generation that they have in stock. If you're lucky, the current generation :)

javier995
12-23-2011, 10:37 PM
@ Carth it ok bud, just race to 40 for your set:p

@ Apollo Now let me ask you this. I'm not the original buyer, will they still exchange it?

Zeus
12-23-2011, 10:39 PM
@ Carth it ok bud, just race to 40 for your set:p

@ Apollo Now let me ask you this. I'm not the original buyer, will they still exchange it?

I had a friend in a similar situation as yours and they still exchanged it. :) Warranty/Expired Warranty transfers per buyer.

javier995
12-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Sweet, hopefully my mom can go tomorrow if the mall isn't too packed. Lol

Zeus
12-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Sweet, hopefully my mom can go tomorrow if the mall isn't too packed. Lol

Christmas Eve is likely the best time to go. Sales are booming, so they can afford a little give back. It also helps boosts their already well known customer service.

javier995
12-23-2011, 10:54 PM
I'll try, but my mom hasn't given me an answer she just looks at me an goes back to Facebook. -_-

Rittik
12-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Awww....buddy...u told me about your problem???...but did it got so much out of hand...that u have to leave game temporarily? Awww....will miss u budd so muccchh...

Silentarrow
12-23-2011, 11:37 PM
GL tommorow Javier :). And have a nice holiday!

javier995
12-23-2011, 11:42 PM
@ Rittik yea bud I'm like technology handicapped (in the words of my guildee) at the moment lol. I'll be back as soon as I can though.

@ Silent thanks bud! Make sure to lvl up your alt :p

On a side note: Good news my mom said she MIGHT take me tomorrow, since I told her what Apollo said. Although I have to go myself, what exactly should I tell them?

Also what of all my apps I have on my iPod and all the achievements? Will they just save on Game Center and be back when I log into Game Center on a new device? Will they be back to normal?

Silentarrow
12-24-2011, 01:03 AM
@ Rittik yea bud I'm like technology handicapped (in the words of my guildee) at the moment lol. I'll be back as soon as I can though.

@ Silent thanks bud! Make sure to lvl up your alt :p

On a side note: Good news my mom said she MIGHT take me tomorrow, since I told her what Apollo said. Although I have to go myself, what exactly should I tell them?

Also what of all my apps I have on my iPod and all the achievements? Will they just save on Game Center and be back when I log into Game Center on a new device? Will they be back to normal?

You can save all of your apps into your computer using Itunes, then sync them into your new device.

lilgangster
12-24-2011, 01:21 AM
NOOOO JAVIER! U cant do this! Ill hurt u -.- lol jk :p, but u will be missed.

javier995
12-25-2011, 02:04 PM
@Silent I'll do that bro, thanks!

@Lilgangster Sorry but I don't recall meeting you, where exactly do I know you from sir?

Going to the mall tomorrow, hopefully it gets replaced.

javier995
12-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Well I called apple support.

They charge me $100 to get my iPod replaced, for the same type and generation.

I have $60, and well that's all I have. I can't get anymore for I don't know how long.

It's been nice knowing you guys. See you who knows when!

Javier