PDA

View Full Version : Best solo class?

Zojak
12-24-2011, 04:35 PM
So i'm getting back into SL, and generally like to just elixer up and run dungeons by myself, are any classes better than others to solo with? or is it basically required that i join a group to succeed?

Kanozaki
12-24-2011, 05:12 PM
for solo i would recomend COM , i would also max out Kinetic reservoir, Vigor and increase mass

Cahaun
12-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Engineers would be best. They can heal themselves in multiple ways and if a combo elixer was used (which I don't except the daily) the transference is a beast.

Kanozaki
12-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Engineers would be best. They can heal themselves in multiple ways and if a combo elixer was used (which I don't except the daily) the transference is a beast.

but but but but you will be using mana :( and engi damage is really low

Garvhoz
12-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah man commando is the solo-class because they have great armor which makes them hard to kill then they have decent damage, they also got that multi-enemy damaging skills and weapons. So the commando is the best general class to do solo-runs with

SUPAPRODIGY
12-24-2011, 05:55 PM
i agree commando im an operative an its hard for us cause of our weak armor but we can kill stuff faster

so i would say both operative or Commando are both good choices

i been solo for two whole level doing pirates an my kills have been going up like crazy as im a operative an im getting all the kills. muahaha i prefer Operative thought your choice!

Blind
12-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Don't go with engineer, man you are gonna regret it bad.

And don't put any points into vigor or kinetic thingy, unless you are that cheap of a person. Biggest waste in my opnion. Max out all aoe skills besides nebula and don't put any into buffs. Damage skills only.

Kanozaki
12-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Don't go with engineer, man you are gonna regret it bad.

And don't put any points into vigor or kinetic thingy, unless you are that cheap of a person. Biggest waste in my opnion. Max out all aoe skills besides nebula and don't put any into buffs. Damage skills only.

keep in mind he is only going to solo

Anishavie
12-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Yea the thing with engineer is that it is weak by itself but the engi is mandatory for the team or there are gonna be lots of deaths and running from the beginning and bosses will take longer (engis have EXTREMELY POWERFUL DOTS)

So the engi is bad by itself and Tian Xia Di Yi and that means... Ehh find out four yourself

Cahaun
12-24-2011, 08:53 PM
but but but but you will be using mana :( and engi damage is really low
All classes use mana and engineers do more damage IMO than Com's.
(Decay splits them open; whither and leech then sucks them dry)

Hans
12-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I would use a Commando because u get rly low damage in comparison with a Operative, you can make passable damage and heal up with Stimpack´s in critical situations.

Veoveoveo
12-24-2011, 09:02 PM
I agree with Cahuan....

Though I've pretty much "quit" SL, I was an Engineer. They can heal themselves, and I think they have more damage than Commandos (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Kanozaki
12-24-2011, 09:25 PM
com has a strong mana regen ability and dont forget the aoe damage .

Kanozaki
12-24-2011, 09:27 PM

Blind
12-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I soloed with my commando from lvl 1 to 39 all alone, and i tried about 50 builds. Regen skills, buffs, are useless. One stim will fix everything.

Zojak
12-25-2011, 03:14 AM
thx all for input, defs goina go commando i think

flashbackflip
12-25-2011, 09:32 AM
I am an Op and i can solo Voleria 1-2 with no problem. Stims consuming, but fun. I think all first lvls on any map can be solo-ed efficiently with any class

You should keep in mind though, that further levels are almost impossible to solo as the number and quality of enemies are increasing

I guess an Engie is a good option because of healing ability, but still love being Op))

LelouchX
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I have to disagree with the engi haters, lol, i clear xp runs quickest when on my engi. if u are gonna lix, i always get the 2x damage and an xp lix. transference and sonic boom will devastate mobs. leveling in SY, I used this lix combo and no matter who I ran with, runs were fastest on my engi. ops are too squishy and have no AoE even tho they have highly powered skills. you will probably use tons of Stims if u go this rout. Coms would be my second choice, lots of AoE and also health/mana regen skills if u want to save on Stims. if u don't use the mana regen, u will be using a lot of Stims. gl

hawshaq69
12-26-2011, 03:41 PM
I would have to vouch for lelouch, he's hit the nail on the head there... engineer would be my first choice then com, just choose your build carefully...

Cahaun
12-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Their mana regen skill reduces damage and their skills aren't really super powerful but more "Look at me" skills. Plus you'll need lots of stims if you want high lvl'd damage skills. The coms' have two regen skills to fully upgrade if you want to try and maintain your condition. That's 12 points you can use on the low powered but aoe skills. Engies can maintain themselves most importantly with their multiple health skills. Two of which can kill. Plus decay can really soften up an enemy. I can tank better with an engie with my loadout than as a com.