PDA

View Full Version : How to be an efficient Partymember

Hans
12-24-2011, 08:34 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Introduction
2. Your position in the Party
3. Be cautious on pulling Monsterīs
4. Use Stimpackīs on the correct time.
5. Avoid mistakes
6. Focusdamage

1. Introduction

After i reached level 41 i was decided to write a Guide about " How to be an efficient Partymember"
because there are a lot of Players which dont know what they doing.

2. Your position in the Party

This is one of the most important points. An Commando canīt heal the Group and a Operative canīt tank a full group of Monsters efficient!
Please behavior like your class!

Commando: Run as first in a group of Monster and take their attention.

Operative: Stay back, after Commando jumped into the Monsters you can join his fight and assist him.

Engineer: As a last the Engineer is joining the fight, his main task is to heal the Partymembers.

Itīs no use if Engineer is joining fight first, die and there is no heal for the Party.
Excatly same for Operative because he make the most important damage!

3. Be cautious on pulling Monsterīs

It often happened that Partymembers are to stormy, pulling to much Monsters and the Party die.
One Group of Monsterīs is more than enough. Defead first one Group before youīr pulling the next one.
Generally the Commando have to apply the pulling!

4. Use Stimpackīs on the correct time.

Use your Stimpackīs always in critical situationīs. You can support the Engineer extreme if you are using
Stimpacks on the correct time! Buy Stimpackīs always from Guildhallīs Discounter because them cheaper.

5. Avoid mistakes

There are a lot of placeīs you can make mistakes.
Please open your eyes if youīr running an dungeon with other playerīs!
Itīs absolutly needless to die because your triggering a mine in Volaria or an Barrel in Shipyard.

6. Focusdamage

The most efficient damage is Focusdamage!
When every Partymembers focus his own Monster itīs take a view more time to defead them all.
The Partymembers have to focus always one Monster, you can avoid a lot of taken damage because youīr faster!
Engineer will be thankful!

Letīs Rock the Dungeons!

Junside
12-24-2011, 08:41 PM
A bit difficult on the grammatical side, but that's not important.

Good points! +1 Helpful advice.

Hans
12-24-2011, 08:43 PM
A bit difficult on the grammatical side, but that's not important.

Good points! +1 Helpful advice.

I am so sorry for my bad english, i give my best!

Anishavie
12-24-2011, 08:44 PM
This is a good guide Though and commandos HAVE to read this
I have seen LOTS of commandos chikening out and making the engis go first

Though I would recommend engis go in front of the ops because of their medium armor
But ther are different advantages to the op going in first

Cahaun
12-24-2011, 08:45 PM
You should make a book lol. (I would've grammer policed you as a little side joke ;))
Good guides!

Junside
12-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Though I would recommend engis go in front of the ops because of their medium armor

Oh jeez. I think that's the biggest issue. Come on, commandos! Big lumps hiding behind the other classes lol

Fac3bon3s
12-24-2011, 09:21 PM
If you ever have another post with lots of text in it. You can PM me all the content and I will translate it into proper English for you. But it's up to you. I understood what you were trying to get at most of the time.

Hiei
12-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Good info

Garvhoz
12-25-2011, 12:00 AM

>.> wimps

Slant
12-25-2011, 03:34 AM
good these things need to be told, very often the OP just rushes first, and the engie has to take care of him, and tanks dont taunt ... your class role is more imp than your level...
and people trip on those mines all the time

flashbackflip
12-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Good post for making some people to think. I too met commandoes who were constantly waiting for smth.. For what? I don't know))

I would like to dispute on the Op's part though

Yes, we have weak armor, but going in first is a good tactics sometimes. Especially in SY and Voleria. I usually turn on my Blur skill and break the lines going deep behind (not too much deep to avoid additional enemies). Being alone there has some advantages:

In SY - Op can efficiently take out healers, as they r usually placed behind green-headed pushers

In Voleria it's even more useful - Op can be shure he won't be affected by randomly triggered mine and eliminate snipers first, as they r placed rear too

Also, while breaking, Op can use some root and debuff skills on enemies in frontlines and then switch to his desired target to unleash combat skills

LelouchX
12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
too many engis don't heal!!! hit your whole party with rez every minute, it boosts damage, mana regen, and armor. also, engis fill in a great tanks in when there is no com in the group or if there is a chicken com, like someone mentioned above. engis also need to do much more than heal however. pain in necessary, the stun has made many mobs much much easier (in vol, u can stun snipers and the tanks that knock u back, also the annoying cockatrice things I hate, even in SY. not going into lots of detail, don't have time now). suppression can be useful for this too, but u can't kill the enemy while it is on and it doesn't fit in my build anyway (caution, many people hate when engis use this skill, even though it is very effective when it is used properly). a good engi focuses on the party and the mobs at the same time.

I'd like to add also, that if there is one engi in the party (has happened to me), don't get mad if he doesnt always keep empathy on u. if group splits up a bit, I focus on the one taking the most aggro from mobs. if you run off into a side room that the rest of the group is skipping and die, don't expect me to run back and Rez u, bc then the whole group will either die or use 30 Stims before I get back (yeah, this happened to me last night).

and one more thing. if I run out of mana and I don't use Stims, then I can't heal anymore. this would annoy people. meanwhile, I see lots of ops and Coms that run out of mana and don't use Stims to get it back. what this means is that the mobs/boss will take longer, the group will take more damage, I will have to heal more, and then I will have to use more Stims. when I see others don't use Stims, I stop healing now. sry, looks like I got a little jaded along the way.

nice job OP.