PDA

View Full Version : so bummed by Christmas dotd

CodyBearr
12-25-2011, 03:50 AM
Guess I had my hopes up that it would be some cool vanity (like candy cane antennas that WoundedEagle bought up) for 20-30plat but it was just a winter item from last year at lv50 once again :-( just like the other days before Christmas

NECROREAPER
12-25-2011, 03:53 AM
I think what the devs are doing by making the DOTD item lvl 50 is giving those who missed it last year a second chance since they should be 50 or over by now. By restricting the items to 50 and above, it gives predominately older players access to the older items while still not technically excluding everyone since there has been ample time for those who joined even a week ago, to get to 50.

CodyBearr
12-25-2011, 04:03 AM
I get you but I'd rather have vanities by far....

The weapons just doesn't seem worth it plat wise to me since I have other holiday items but vanities are worth it for me and I was hoping for a one day only holiday new vanity item

RedRyder
12-25-2011, 04:05 AM
That's all creative property of STS. I honestly can't see the issues of them re-releasing items that they've charged plat for. Who are we to protest a new players chance at enjoying cool items that we already had the chance to? It's pretty selfish if you ask me. Complain about a lack of new items (which is really unessecary since we got a whole new suite of items for WF this year), not STS wanting to spread the love to newer players.

If I were in their (noobs) shoes, I'd be pretty stoked

NECROREAPER
12-25-2011, 04:09 AM
And what are these candy cane antennae you speak of????

i wanna see plox

CodyBearr
12-25-2011, 04:11 AM
;-) I'm not complaining at all about any of the winter items or making the old ones dotd all lv 50 up to this point, I was just saying the dotd for Christmas day should of been something new... I actually liked the fact they had the snowman bow & candycane hammer as dotd this holiday because so many people I've know have been dying for it as much as I did for a pumpkin head & snowman head... So I was hoping for it today, I even though maybe it would be the lv50 gift box shield

CodyBearr
12-25-2011, 04:15 AM
@necro they were something WoundedEagle thought of and I fell in love with and thought the Dev's might of saw his forum post and picked up the sweet idea... So I got my hopes up super high thinking why wouldn't they want to do it because it's a cool idea & a antenna always stands for something, it's description could of said "jingle all the way!" or "Pocket Legends Christmas 2011" :-)

NECROREAPER
12-25-2011, 04:15 AM
;-) I'm not complaining at all about any of the winter items or making the old ones dotd all lv 50 up to this point, I was just saying the dotd for Christmas day should of been something new... I actually liked the fact they had the snowman bow & candycane hammer as dotd this holiday because so many people I've know have been dying for it as much as I did for a pumpkin head & snowman head... So I was hoping for it today, I even though maybe it would be the lv50 gift box shield

No worries man, we were just explaining the possible reasoning behind STS's decision to reuse the Peppermint Pounder from last year's winter fest. I understand where you're coming from though, something new and innovative would've totally been awesome. Still though, STS has been working hard lately and they don't always have a lot of time to squeeze in the development of a new vanity ;)

CodyBearr
12-25-2011, 04:18 AM
Got ya bud and I praise all their work

Fyrce
12-25-2011, 06:09 AM
At the moment, I'm happy to have my low level bows while this year, everyone else has to get a high level one.