PDA

View Full Version : This is getting sad....

KingFu
07-21-2010, 08:21 AM
I am being asked more and more for gold, but that isn't what bothers me, someone will always be asking for stuff in the game. What is bothering me, is that people are now charging to join their game. It's really sad, it's happened twice today. One person said, pay me 10K gold or I boot, and I asked him he can't earn his gold, and he booted me. The other person asked me for gold, I said no sorry, and he booted me, I went on my alt, and h asked me again (not knowing it was me) and I told him that it's pointless having to pay since you can just create a game and he cussed me out and booted me.

It has been happening a lot lately, I'm gonna pretty much stop booting for good, I usually only boot to save a spot, but I am gonna pretty much stop, unless I need to.

Has anyone else noticed that people are charging to play?

Jstizar
07-21-2010, 08:30 AM
I haven't been joining a whole lot of random games lately but I haven't seen this. It sounds pretty aweful though.

Violentsaint
07-21-2010, 08:39 AM
this hasnt happend to me but when i was lvling my bear and none of my friends were online and i was in town and asked a random lvl 45 archer if they could help me, his like "how much will you pay me?"

i responded... "well i kinda need my gold for experience potions"

and he simply responded "sorry then, cant help ya"

jerk

Jstizar
07-21-2010, 08:49 AM
this hasnt happend to me but when i was lvling my bear and none of my friends were online and i was in town and asked a random lvl 45 archer if they could help me, his like "how much will you pay me?"

jerk

The greed!

KingFu
07-21-2010, 09:10 AM

jerk

Some people just do that, one level 10ish guy said he would pay me 10K if I leveled him 5 levels. I asked if he was sure, because I wouldn't want to rip him off, but since he asked and pretty much insisted I said fine, I leveled him 5 levels, and thinking that I would level him more, I kept playing, he laughed at me left.

I really don't care about the gold at all, I would have one it for free, but what's the point? Lol

BeardedBear
07-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Of course you will have little pricks like that.

In my experience power leveling from 1-45 on Aoe2-3, I would say 90% of the time, people don't mind if you leech. I always asked before doing so, so that may have helped, but bottom line, don't let a few bad seeds ruin things for you. Simply ignore those people and problem solved.

KingFu
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Of course you will have little pricks like that.

In my experience power leveling from 1-45 on Aoe2-3, I would say 90% of the time, people don't mind if you leech. I always asked before doing so, so that may have helped, but bottom line, don't let a few bad seeds ruin things for you. Simply ignore those people and problem solved.

True, whenever I level a new character, I always ask if it's cool I'm there, about 90% of the time it's the same for me. I have come across the rare few that say no and boot me, or say for a free pink you can stay. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this happening more and more...

FluffNStuff
I am being asked more and more for gold, but that isn't what bothers me, someone will always be asking for stuff in the game. What is bothering me, is that people are now charging to join their game. It's really sad, it's happened twice today. One person said, pay me 10K gold or I boot, and I asked him he can't earn his gold, and he booted me. The other person asked me for gold, I said no sorry, and he booted me, I went on my alt, and h asked me again (not knowing it was me) and I told him that it's pointless having to pay since you can just create a game and he cussed me out and booted me.

It has been happening a lot lately, I'm gonna pretty much stop booting for good, I usually only boot to save a spot, but I am gonna pretty much stop, unless I need to.

Has anyone else noticed that people are charging to play?

Were you playing a 45, or an alt 13 in a level 45 game? Also, were you jumping into a mostly cleared farm run? Just asking to know all the details. I play a lot of pugs and have never been asked for cash. The only a-hole reason I was booted is someone actually said that if an Alien Blaster drops, I have to give it to them. I wanted to load up the "Go F*ck Yourself" Choir from the Daily Show.

NeverBackDown
I always asked before doing so, Simply ignore those people and problem solved.

Aha ye when i power lvl and they boot me i add them.. when they accept i just let it out nutin bad just arguin. and they respond just like xboxlive... its kind of funny.

KingFu
07-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Were you playing a 45, or an alt 13 in a level 45 game? Also, were you jumping into a mostly cleared farm run? Just asking to know all the details. I play a lot of pugs and have never been asked for cash. The only a-hole reason I was booted is someone actually said that if an Alien Blaster drops, I have to give it to them. I wanted to load up the "Go F*ck Yourself" Choir from the Daily Show.

Lol, tons of people "called the alien blaster" including myself, but I didn't if they said no lol, I never really counted on anyone giving me it lol. Also, I was playing on a level 36 in Skeller, with other random level 27-35 players, wasn't a farm run, the guy was a level 30ish that was asking for gold, he wasn't even doing anything, just sitting way in the corner while the other players played, almost like a bouncer lol.

v5point0
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Some people just do that, one level 10ish guy said he would pay me 10K if I leveled him 5 levels. I asked if he was sure, because I wouldn't want to rip him off, but since he asked and pretty much insisted I said fine, I leveled him 5 levels, and thinking that I would level him more, I kept playing, he laughed at me left.

I really don't care about the gold at all, I would have one it for free, but what's the point? Lol

I was offered gold to power level some noob too, but I refused. If I want to do it, I will do it for free which I have done but only if I am free and for someone I know would do the same for me.

jerk

This has happened to me and yes it was an Archer too ooo (O_O) Can't really remember the name but it was a lame one. Obviously I refused, I don't even want to know or waste my time with people this cheap.

KingFu
07-21-2010, 09:27 AM
I was offered gold to power level some noob too, but I refused. If I want to do it, I will do it for free which I have done but only if I am free and for someone I know would do the same for me.

I'm fine leveling lower level players, I don't really like people asking me in town consistently, most of the time I just randomly jump into Fathom, or LE, or even Forest Haven, and I will spread out the the low level gear drops to whoever needs them. I haven't very much lately because I have been trying to level my noobish char and get a Copperhead talon! :)

Iambirdman
07-21-2010, 09:56 AM
I will help people to lvl on the right maps but I will always boot a leecher, there are alot of maps to choose from to suit your lvl, you need to take the time to lvl not go through 1to 45 in a day and than complain there is nothing to do and for devs to speed up with new stuff,

And to people that boot folks for being 44 when joining their game, saying they are too low I seem will simply say you are scumbags

This game would have more people if everyone didn't leech

That's my 2cents :). Peace!!!

v5point0
07-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm fine leveling lower level players, I don't really like people asking me in town consistently, most of the time I just randomly jump into Fathom, or LE, or even Forest Haven, and I will spread out the the low level gear drops to whoever needs them. I haven't very much lately because I have been trying to level my noobish char and get a Copperhead talon! :)

Lol I use to do this Forest Haven too but only the first couple of levels. I always find it fun to relive the rookie experience.

Violentsaint
07-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Lol I use to do this Forest Haven too but only the first couple of levels. I always find it fun to relive the rookie experience.

heres a blast from the past, towns before trading... unfortunatly there was never a time when mysticaldream wasnt wearing the same gear as me ;)
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/4fe293b3.jpg

KingFu
07-21-2010, 10:44 AM
heres a blast from the past, towns before trading... unfortunatly there was never a time when mysticaldream wasnt wearing the same gear as me ;)
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/4fe293b3.jpg

NOT FAIR, I HAD THAT STAFF FOR A DAY AND THEN GOT THE PURPLE ONE THEN THE PINK!!! :p

Jstizar
07-21-2010, 11:22 AM

Hhahahahahahaha, the "Go F*ck Yourself" Choir. Man I love the Daily Show.

Storm
07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Ehhh, this is sad, people are just money loving whores!
I would never do that =D.

tjornan
07-21-2010, 11:51 AM
This is sad. Ive had people claiming to be part of an elite group. They said "we always get pinks." they demanded my best pink to in their group. For one round.

the greed

Yo!

KingFu
07-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Ehhh, this is sad, people are just money loving whores!
I would never do that =D.

CUZ U IS LIKE ONE OF THE BEST! woot!

Stamper
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Just with any social games there are always going to be bad apples. Just last nite I joined a random game on alien oasis. Our group was half way through clearing the dungeon and doing well. No one died and we were clearing the area fairly fast. The creator all of a sudden told everyone in the party, "your all a bunch of nubs. I'm going to kick you all out." Everyone then got booted. I just added that guy to my ignore list and joined another group.

Storm
07-21-2010, 12:29 PM
CUZ U IS LIKE ONE OF THE BEST! woot!

Lol, i am ain't i? =P

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 12:29 PM
It seems like something should be done about this. It shouldn't be allowed. Can't one take a screen cap and send it to the devs and get this guy banned? The devs added the boot button. Maybe they can take it away from people who abuse it.

laquint
07-21-2010, 12:58 PM
They don't ask me for gold because they know my answer NO! I usually get booted because I joined a game where someones hacking and they don't want me to see so they boot me I don't know why they don't just make a private game.

Cascade
07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
If someone asked me to pay id be like go get your own gold I worked for the gold I have so why don't you get your butt up and get your own gold.

BeardedBear
07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
They don't ask me for gold because they know my answer NO! I usually get booted because I joined a game where someones hacking and they don't want me to see so they boot me I don't know why they don't just make a private game.

From your kind of history, I'm betting they are kicking you for other reasons. ;)

Snakespeare
07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
... I joined a game where someones hacking and they don't want me to see...

What's "hacking"?

bmc85uk
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think anyone has actually hacked PL in any way, exploits however can happen, but even they are pretty rare and get fixed pretty fast, with nasty repercussions for the people taking advantage of em.