PDA

View Full Version : Impersonator and Scammer: Chickenrunnn

WoundedEagle
12-25-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't always make threads, but when I do, I make then necessary.

So, appearantly, someone is impersonating my buddy chickenrunnn. Now the chicken we all know and love only has 3 n's; this little scammer has 4. Don't give into it guys haha (Directed to newer portion of community).
Here are some screenies:
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/f071feef.jpg
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/b5f4be7d.jpg

I reported shortly after with the '/report [name] [Reason]' command.

Happy Holidays,

-we

Skeletonlord
12-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Nice tip. Don't give into this person. I would stay clear of him if you can.

ninjaduck
12-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow he broke about 5 TOS rules right there. Thanks for the tip WE.

NotYoCookiez
12-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Same thing with the guy I was talking about. He said same thing but not 800 plat, about login in to receive plat.

Why do you say he's impersonating chickenrunnn? Maybe he likes that name an three e's was taken. Maybe he likes the number 4. Countless numbers of possibilities and from the pictures included he never said he was chickenrunnn.

So lets get the facts 100% sure before you go posting about that ok :)

WoundedEagle
12-25-2011, 12:02 PM
So lets get the facts 100% sure before you go posting about that ok :)

Touché ;) just experience. His character name just has one more N, so it would seem he could put Chickens reputation in jeopardy. :)

Cytokinesis
12-25-2011, 12:17 PM
U beat me to it -.-
He pmed me saying he could hook me up with 800plat but he needed my account info and **** :devilish:

Carth
12-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the warning, WoundedEagle.

javier995
12-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Is he trying to get Chickenrunnn banned or something? Like when people see the actual one will they report him too? Does he want to give him bad rep? What a jerk.

*cough*cough*not suppose to call people out*cough*

Did that 'rule' change? o.o

Fyrce
12-25-2011, 02:13 PM
I"m not sure if the rule is not to call people out. More like some things are open to interpretation, so be careful how you interpret it before you ruin someone's reputation. I don't think that's the case here.

Also, logs don't work that way -- it's not similar names, it's the exact name. When they check Chickenrunnn's (the real one's) logs, they won't find this.

They will only find this on this guy's logs. It will be associated with a particular account, device ID. Let's hope Chrome is easily trackable as well, but I'm beginning to wonder, what with all these new scammers...

WoundedEagle
12-25-2011, 02:17 PM
And I just realized the Title is to have one more n in it...

javier995
12-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I know logs don't work that way. What I'm saying is that one person may see the scammer and get scammed. They don't know to contact support or the command, then they see Chickenrunnn and they report him instead of the scammer. That's what I meant, do you understand me? I don't think I'm being clear enough lol

Ayc2000
12-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Omg! Why would they try to impersonate him?! -.- I hope no one thinks that the fake chicken is the real chicken...he better be banned asap:/

Fyrce
12-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Again, it doesn't matter. So the real chickenrunnn gets reported 3 billion times. There's no proof of any wrongdoing. If just reporting is enough to get someone removed from the game, and I very much doubt it is, then I'm sure I can find a more reasonable game.

nomad187
12-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I thought we don't name names on the forums. Just report and move on. STS will handle it from there

javier995
12-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Let me put it in the simplest way I can.

People report the real guy, support doesn't really do anything since he's not the real one. He gets bad rep in the game tho.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying, well just forget it. -_-

Draopwnzall
12-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Hey Wound,

The same guy you are talking about, well, he's here again under another name pming everyone the same thing. Sorry for calling out names but, be aware of this scammer "iLiiLjopiLiLi".

javier995
12-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm curious to know when the first PL scam was. Also if there has been ever someone on the forums trying to scam, and what was there scam.

WoundedEagle
12-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I thought we don't name names on the forums. Just report and move on. STS will handle it from there
If q dev thinks it is necessary to edit, they will. It it was a high level player indeed of some level one alternate, I wouldnt name. That's not the case though....

nomad187
12-25-2011, 06:51 PM
If q dev thinks it is necessary to edit, they will. It it was a high level player indeed of some level one alternate, I wouldnt name. That's not the case though....

If you don't mind, I shall copy your response. Everytime I see you tell someone that naming names, under any circumstance, is frowned upon, not allowed, out whatever else you have said, I shall quote you, and post what you just wrote.

And yes, there are plenty of instances of you telling people that.

WoundedEagle
12-25-2011, 07:07 PM
If you don't mind, I shall copy your response. Everytime I see you tell someone that naming names, under any circumstance, is frowned upon, not allowed, out whatever else you have said, I shall quote you, and post what you just wrote.

And yes, there are plenty of instances of you telling people that.
If you have something against me, take it up in a PM. And go dig up the times I have told people not to post names. I know I have, and this was fair warning to those so that my friend was under no harm. I don't need to be flamed, so thread locked.

*Click*