PDA

View Full Version : PvP tournament!

KingFu
07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I have decided to put together an official PvP tournament. 1V1 of course! First to get 10 legal kills wins the match and advances, the loser is out of the tournament.

Rules:
No exiting the game and rejoining, for any purpose
No running, if you do, you have about 3 seconds to stop :)
Your character must be at the level cap to compete
One character per player
Winners of past official PvP tournaments may not compete
No power-ups are aloud (the colored orbs that give you boosts and health/mana)

You only get 1 warning, if you break the rules again you are disqualified.

NOTE: This is a non-stop tournament, meaning you do not have to wait for the opponent to regen, or type. If your opponent legally kills you, he gets a kill.

Price: To compete in this tournament, you must be willing to pay the fee of 1K gold a round. 1K to watch each round. No money goes to me, all the gold will be prized to the winner. Donations for the tournament are accepted and appreciated. I will also be donating to the prize.

Other info: There will be 12 competitors, until further notice. Dates will be mentioned in a future thread, I will message the competitors when the threads are opened, or when I make an important update on this thread. Please post below if you are interested in competing.

The competitors will be on a first come, first serve bases.

All the scores for the matches will be recorded, when the tournament gets to an uneven bracket of players, the player with the best kills vs. deaths in the match/matches before will automatically advance. Only 3 viewers per round. Any kills happened by a non-competitor will not be counted and the person will be booted. The rounds will be held in a 3V3 game. If you need to back out the tournament please tell me ASAP, so I can try to fill your spot. Gold will be collected before each tournament.

NOTE: No refunds on viewing or competing in the match, although that shouldn't be an issue since I am collecting right before each match.

Please comment your in game name and mention if you are interested, in donating, competing, or viewing the match. Thanks!

Competitors:
Haikus
Rangepwnsmeel
ManeBrainy
Kirei
Laquint
PvPlegend
Xhair
AndrewCheah
Bladesword
Kraze
Residentvl
Nouda

NeverBackDown
07-21-2010, 09:01 AM
I dont know about this i think my main will kill but If Newbie is in this than idk.. Newbie is the only competition to me..

Violentsaint
07-21-2010, 09:19 AM
sure why not, theres nothing else to do...

KingFu
07-21-2010, 09:21 AM
sure why not, theres nothing else to do...

Is that your way of signing up Violent? ;)

Zeus
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Ill Join. Im a Talon Bird btw

maneut
07-21-2010, 09:42 AM
I would like to enter as ManeBrainy :) Int Bear :p

FluffNStuff
07-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Question about the running thing? I was in a game last night, and kept killing this mage. After I would kill em, I would maneuver around to regroup, and yes, wait on the cool downs. She then asked if I would stop 'running'? After I kill someone, they come back with fresh spells, so I am supposed to just sit there and let them kill me?? I definitely don't think they should have to wait for my cool downs, but I am not giving someone a free kill, and maneuvering the landscape to get the drop on someone is also part of the strategy. So anyway, rant over, would love to join, but please define the 'running' a bit better.

Barbamitsos
07-21-2010, 10:40 AM
When does it take place. If it is before saturday add me. Otherwise MrsBanana cant make it ;(

KingFu
07-21-2010, 10:42 AM
When does it take place. If it is before saturday add me. Otherwise MrsBanana cant make it ;(

Not posotive yet, I am basing it off of when the list fills. If it fills by tomorrow then I will start ASAP, Saturday is cutting it close but I will be sure to save you a spot!

FluffNStuff
07-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Would like to join, but would also like a definition on Running.

KingFu
07-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Would like to join, but would also like a definition on Running.

Basically running for regen or skill refreshing is illegal....

Kirei
07-21-2010, 09:35 PM
enter me in, although if Bananas there were all screwed

Barbamitsos
07-22-2010, 02:27 AM
Hehehehehe

FluffNStuff
07-22-2010, 09:47 AM

Guess I am out, not a fan of giving free kills to people I have killed.

smokester
07-22-2010, 09:56 AM

how the f*** is this illegal its all a part of the game... the pvp game is all about cooldowns so when your cooling down kiting your enemy til your spells r back up should be legal and perfectly logical... saying that its illegal doesnt make sense

EDIT: banana he already stated no past winners so your out lol....
and we already know who the best of the best is... who would be the ones playing pvp all the time... its a pvp tourney (team) everyday lmao

Barbamitsos
07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
;( buhuhuhu no past winners is not a good rule. Rules are to be broken hehhe... Cmon the money will be given to charities (not a chance -.-)
2 contests im winner so u tell me I cant play only :(
Think of the poor kids that dont have a bread to eat :P

FluffNStuff
07-22-2010, 12:55 PM
So instead of the Best of the Best, this is the Best of the Rest???

Who will win the title of World's Tallest Midget????

Barbamitsos
07-22-2010, 01:00 PM
:( i wont compete. The tournament will have supsense. THE BANANA WILL BE A REFEREE!!!!!! OR ILL BE PART OF THE TOURN.... REFERE REFERE :)

Nouda
07-22-2010, 01:12 PM
i will join...and lose but iwill join

Barbamitsos
07-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Gime ure acc to win u the tourn... Pala addict

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I will sign up! Welcome 100th post!

PvpLegend
07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
count me in :)

Staffed
07-22-2010, 08:28 PM
I might join if I can get my pvp character better.... Never got the stupid pure bonus

KingFu
07-22-2010, 09:04 PM
how the f*** is this illegal its all a part of the game... the pvp game is all about cooldowns so when your cooling down kiting your enemy til your spells r back up should be legal and perfectly logical... saying that its illegal doesnt make sense

True but the respawning gives you some time to regen, also, running will have it going on forever.

;( buhuhuhu no past winners is not a good rule. Rules are to be broken hehhe... Cmon the money will be given to charities (not a chance -.-)

Banana, if you entered I might as well hand you the money! :)

patnwk
07-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi, Mys, I want to be the observer only. What's the exact time of the tourament? I need to see whether I can online or not at that moment.

If it is avaliable for me, I will give you money for the ticket tonight(about your noon time).

KingFu
07-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi, Mys, I want to be the observer only. What's the exact time of the tourament? I need to see whether I can online or not at that moment.

If it is avaliable for me, I will give you money for the ticket tonight(about your noon time).

No date yet, I am waiting to see how many people enter, I will reserve a spot for you for sure! No need to pay me tonight, like I said, I'm taking gold before the tournament.

Violentsaint
07-23-2010, 12:26 AM
theres already been a 1v1 tournament, why not a 3v3 tourny held in 5v5 maps, that way it would be cool to see the teamwork and also there would be room for ref plus a few spectators.

KingFu
07-23-2010, 12:34 AM
theres already been a 1v1 tournament, why not a 3v3 tourny held in 5v5 maps, that way it would be cool to see the teamwork and also there would be room for ref plus a few spectators.

You're getting ahead of me! ;)

Cheah
07-23-2010, 07:15 AM
I will join only w/o banana:) she is really scarry. I got no chance to hit her at all.
Maybe only monkey will eat banana :)
Add Andrew pls. Thks

KingFu
07-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Half the spots are filled! Leaving 7 left! Who will they be!?

bladesword
07-23-2010, 07:23 AM
I think its a cool idea =)
Although ill get pwned and i hav almost no time.. I think ill join =)
Rly sry if i cant =(
Well.. Ill get pwned with haikus and banana and probably surrender =/

Edit: Ill join as bladesword thanks

v5point0
07-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Xhair is in the game. Please be mindful of the GMTs. +8 here

KingFu
07-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Xhair is in it and there are more spots to be filled!

KingFu
07-25-2010, 02:49 AM
4 slots left, no talk of anyone dropping out, please tell me if you are! ;)

Nouda
07-25-2010, 03:11 PM
you didnt add me to the list

KingFu
07-25-2010, 03:17 PM
you didnt add me to the list

Sorry.............

KingFu
07-27-2010, 02:59 PM
I know that it's been a long wait, but we need more spots, once the game is filled, we can begin!

KingFu
07-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I am deciding to make it a 12 competitor contest, so one spot left guys!

KingFu
07-27-2010, 06:52 PM
ENTRY IS CLOSED! WE HAVE OUR COMPETITORS! :p

pvpmaster
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
ENTRY IS CLOSED! WE HAVE OUR COMPETITORS! :p

:p if it takes place while pvplegend is on vacation can i take his spot??:)