PDA

View Full Version : How is EXP Calculated?

Wererhino
12-25-2011, 07:47 PM
I know if you're too high lvl you dont get exp. But do higher lv monsters give more exp is it flat or based on difference between your lvl/monsters lvl?

Azamaster
12-25-2011, 09:51 PM
It's pretty complicated to me, and although I'm not exactly sure how it works, I've been able to figure out some rough figures. The average XP output of an enemy is 1. Your level to the suggested level of the campaign also affects XP gain. If you're the very minimum level of a campaign (say 34 in Voleria) I believe your XP gain is roughly doubled. I'm not sure exactly, but the amount definitely seems increased. In the normal middle levels of a campaign (37 or 38 in voleria) you get the average of 1 XP. I have counted this through Biosphere, Mantle, and Core runs. When you're a higher level in the campaign, the XP gain is drastically decreased. I noticed while running Bio as a 38, every enemy only gave about 1/4 XP. Besides your level difference, I think every enemy gives out the same XP (red enemy gives same as green enemy). But to make it even more complicated, I think enemies later in the campaigns give more. I noticed this especially in Slouch-O, where Commercial Filming seems to give out 3x other levels in one run.

Ayc2000
12-25-2011, 10:27 PM
When you target an enemy, there is a colored dot next to it's hit points that shows the enemy's threat level based on your level. Depending on what color it is, that's how much xp you get. I'll post the guide when I find it :)
Edit: here's a link explaining the threat levels. The yellow and reds have scaled xp, yellow being double xp, and it is based on th level differences between you and the enemy
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16108-Know-thy-self-know-thy-enemy.-A-thousand-battles-a-thousand-victories.&highlight=Threat+level

prouzi
12-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Every monsters give about 1 xp :D which is kinda less to me.

adidaman
12-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Basically, the more money you shove into STS's growing pockets, the faster you gain experience.

Skeletonlord
12-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Basically, the more money you shove into STS's growing pockets, the faster you gain experience.

i know plat isnt really something you need to get, but i think sometimes, plat is needed to get experience. it is a free game to download, but some things you do need to buy